• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Trial By Fire - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Some lunar bigwigs would be pretty handy. Are they established in the north as they are in the east?

I've got the Lunars book open right now, and I think we're somewhere in the northeast. That being the case, the main two canon dominions that come to mind are Iscomay, and the Shadow Fang Vanguard.

I've got the Lunars book open right now, and I think we're somewhere in the northeast. That being the case, the main two canon dominions that come to mind are Iscomay, and the Shadow Fang Vanguard.
Perhaps Maja and Spider would be able to be our ambassadors for them.

Maybe we could also recruit the Golden Bull? Isn't he in the north?

Perhaps Maja and Spider would be able to be our ambassadors for them.

Maybe we could also recruit the Golden Bull? Isn't he in the north?

Neither of those things would hurt. Of course, it would all be up to Sherwood Sherwood whether or not we can attempt to do so.

The Bull is also an Icewalker, and both Maja and Kuaidao hate Icewalkers, so that'll be a little bit awkward. The zombie apocalypse can make for strange bedfellows, though.

The Bull is also an Icewalker, and both Maja and Kuaidao hate Icewalkers, so that'll be a little bit awkward. The zombie apocalypse can make for strange bedfellows, though.

For Kuaidao it's more of an impersonal distrust from all the time he spent fighting them in the legions. If given the choice, he probably wouldn't mind joining up with them in order to combat a greater threat, though he might be a bit concerned about Maja's feelings on the matter.

Maja hates them because her people (the Haslanti League) have been in moderate intensity conflict with them for as long as anyone can remember. Some of their tribes serve Deathlords or are Wyld tainted, and even the regular kind have no compunction about raiding and pillaging settlements. The Haslanti League are basically a bunch of former Icewalker tribes that decided to settle down millenia ago. The Icewalkers spend at least as much effort fighting each other as they do fighting the League and all the other settled polities around the northern ice sheet. The Bull in the North's coalition is a collection of tribes she probably hates least, but that just means they've killed, raped, and enslaved fewer of her people.

She's not going to be opposed to throwing them at the dead (Sure, they're vicious terrible people, but sometimes that's what a problem calls for. Better they die than someone she cares about.), but she won't trust them not to change sides. She's heard plenty of tales of Icewalkers working with Raksha and the hungry dead before.

Basically they're a big diverse group of people and Maja is racist because of many centuries of bad blood between her culture and theirs, so she lumps them all together with the worst of them.

Kuaidao fought several campaigns against them, so they've killed many of his comrades, and the Icewalkers and the Legions have done the usual terrible war things to each other.

Last edited:
That doesn't sound so bad. Why do Kuaidao and Maja hate them?

Like I said, Kuaidao doesn't exactly hate them. He's just fought against them in his backstory - that is, during his time in the Legions - so he might find it a little hard to adjust to the thought of fighting alongside them. But if he couldn't stomach such a thought on his own despite the approaching Deathlord threat, Bard could no doubt persuade him to do so.

If he exists in this world, it would certainly be an option. Being from the far west, Bard doesn't know as much about them as they would. So their input would be instrumental there.

Though even Bard would not stomach barbarism from them, as they are there to make things better, not worse. And a horde of pillagers and rapists would make things difficult.

Though I suppose that means Ragnar was also an icewalker, given he was one of the northern barbarian tribes. Probably stole his beloved wife while raping and pillaging.. Good thing then I didn't remake him.

Bard is a Dynast, right? He would have heard plenty of propaganda about Icewalkers, even in the West. The Tepet Legions were fighting the Bull for years before he all but wiped them out at Futile Blood, and sending back regular war reports. They would have gone out of their way to describe how horrible the foe was and thus how noble their victories over them, and it would have made the rounds in Salons across the Realm as salacious and exciting news.

He basically became one of the most hated foes of the Realm overnight.

Bard is a Dynast, right? He would have heard plenty of propaganda about Icewalkers, even in the West. The Tepet Legions were fighting the Bull for years before he all but wiped them out at Futile Blood, and sending back regular war reports. They would have gone out of their way to describe how horrible the foe was and thus how noble their victories over them, and it would have made the rounds in Salons across the Realm as salacious and exciting news.

He basically became one of the most hated foes of the Realm overnight.

He was a Dynast, if only technically. And not one of any importance or authority, as he was slung to a far of island so as not to be an inconvenience due to his lineage. Though he would most certainly have heard stories. Bard lived for stories around creation.

Bard would certainly know more about the Bull than I do.

Spider wouldn't know much about the Icewalkers in specific, or even the north in general. She's a southern girl, and all this frozen water is new to her.

So, I know that some of us are preoccupied with other games, but like, what's the plan for our characters here? We seem to have become distracted by humorous references to Star Wars and Avatar.

The last I recall is that the party has pretty much decided on leaving the fortress and avoiding the fight with the Dynasts. I just need to know if you are planning on taking Mahina and Milo along with you, and what you wish to do about the imps, since there are too many of them to all fit on the folding landship you found.

There are also artifacts unclaimed in the mirror, too. Do you take them with you?

My instinct is certainly to take the unclaimed artifacts with us, if only to keep them out of Lahar's hands.

As for the imps, I'm inclined to have them freed from Bax's binding, if we can't fit them all on the ship. I think that's what I had Kuaidao suggest earlier on in the game.

The last I recall is that the party has pretty much decided on leaving the fortress and avoiding the fight with the Dynasts. I just need to know if you are planning on taking Mahina and Milo along with you, and what you wish to do about the imps, since there are too many of them to all fit on the folding landship you found.

There are also artifacts unclaimed in the mirror, too. Do you take them with you?

Would Mahina and Milo want to come along?

I'd imagine we would want to take all the artifacts so they don't end up in Sesus hands.

We can take some imps with us and send the rest back. Keep the ones who want to work with solars.

I don't think we've taken the time to talk with Milo and Mahina to see how they feel, and to try to convince them to work with us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back