• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Trial By Fire - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
There are certainly some Solar Charms that let you deflect or even invert the social influence of others. The second picture is what you'd get if you used one of those, I think. What's the opposite of a Tie of Fear? A Tie of 'Awwww, So Adorable!'?
Sadly I don't think I have any of those. When I made him, I had focused on Performance charms.

Lol but Bard would not want to subvert Maja through inversion. Even if she is always going to be adorable in his eyes. Though that would be hilarious.

D. Rex D. Rex sorry, did I overdo it? If it helps Maja's 15 successes don't actually mean much. She only instilled a Minor Intimacy of Fear, and you can just use a regular Instill action to weaken that Intimacy. If you beat Mahina's resolve (not a challenge for Bard) you can eliminate her Tie of Fear for Maja right away. Or you can Inspire bravery/comfort/etc. Inspired emotions count as Major Intimacies, so that would overpower the Tie of Fear for the scene.

D. Rex D. Rex sorry, did I overdo it? If it helps Maja's 15 successes don't actually mean much. She only instilled a Minor Intimacy of Fear, and you can just use a regular Instill action to weaken that Intimacy. If you beat Mahina's resolve (not a challenge for Bard) you can eliminate her Tie of Fear for Maja right away. Or you can Inspire bravery/comfort/etc. Inspired emotions count as Major Intimacies, so that would overpower the Tie of Fear for the scene.

Over did it a bit. Without charms i would not hedge my bets on getting 15 successes.

But it isn't really a problem. Like you said, I won't have any trouble reversing the fear. Though a scenic clash like we imagined might be off the table.

Though... I could Inspire "confidence in Bard" in them to much the same effect. Hmm, yes. I think we can salvage this with no problem.

I wouldn't think of it as, "I have to roll 15 successes to win the scene!" - after all, if I understand correctly your goal is to impress and win the affections of Mahina, not ensure she feels positively about Maja. If you persuade Maja to back down, or even apologize, you look all the more impressive for having the power to rebuke or command someone so demonstrably powerful. From there it's straightforward to convince Mahina she's safe while you're around, and the fact that Mahina is afraid of Maja just gives her incentive to cling to you even more tightly for safety.

Sherwood Sherwood
If I wanted to channel an Intimacy, how would I do that and what would it give?

And would his intimacy of "darkness sings amd must be responded with in kind" be applicable as he is fighting fear with comfort and calmness?

5cha+5pre
Stunt 2
Full Excellency 10 (10mts)
5 successes is probably enough, but you could declare that oratory so it's a Performance roll instead of Presence and then you could use Masterful Performance Exercise to replace two of those excellency dice with a free success, and re-roll all those 1's. If you do a little bit of singing you can even toss in Perfect Harmony Technique for double 9s.

5 successes is probably enough, but you could declare that oratory so it's a Performance roll instead of Presence and then you could use Masterful Performance Exercise to replace two of those excellency dice with a free success, and re-roll all those 1's. If you do a little bit of singing you can even toss in Perfect Harmony Technique for double 9s.

Hmmm. I didn't think of that!

Sherwood Sherwood would that be allowed?

It's hardly Bard's fault that Maja was being bitchy to his new belle, or that she's having emotional whiplash between, "Death to Dynasts!", and, "Dyanasts are mean, but some of them are cute, and should be kept as adorable pets." All Bard did was tell her to cool her jets.

It's hardly Bard's fault that Maja was being bitchy to his new belle, or that she's having emotional whiplash between, "Death to Dynasts!", and, "Dyanasts are mean, but some of them are cute, and should be kept as adorable pets." All Bard did was tell her to cool her jets.

Lol still, Bard does not like making his friends unhappy. He would most certainly feel the urge to uplift her spirits.

As a thought, maybe Bard can teach her some martial arts meditations to help her learn how to steady her thoughts and control her emotions.

Also! What would Maja do if she learned Bard was a Dynast?

Depends on whether the rage is in the box or out of the box. If it were in the box, she would ask questions like, "So... you're double Exalted? How is that even fair? Can I get another Exaltation? No, wait, I'm having enough trouble with one of them. Forget I asked." until it was explained to her that not all Dynasts draw their second breath. If it were out of the box she would probably have a mental breakdown and one of her two contradictory beliefs would have to give way.

Either way it would act as evidence that not all Dynasts were terrible people.

Hmm. If the new plan is to abandon the Invisible Fortress, I'm considering attempting an Introduce Fact to reveal the following:

Roughly a year before his Exaltation, Kuaidao was stationed within a Realm Fortress about a week's march from the current location. The fortress was abandoned as part of the Great Houses' withdrawal to the Blessed Isle, but is still in relatively good repair, and is large enough to house all of us and a Size 4 battlegroup.

What would the difficulty of this roll be, Sherwood Sherwood ?

Also, does anyone else have any ideas they'd like to pitch regarding what to do if we decide to leave the Invisible Fortress? I think that at the very least, we're going to need somewhere where we can stay and prepare for the undead attack.

Hmm. If the new plan is to abandon the Invisible Fortress, I'm considering attempting an Introduce Fact to reveal the following:

Roughly a year before his Exaltation, Kuaidao was stationed within a Realm Fortress about a week's march from the current location. The fortress was abandoned as part of the Great Houses' withdrawal to the Blessed Isle, but is still in relatively good repair, and is large enough to house all of us and a Size 4 battlegroup.

Also, does anyone else have any ideas they'd like to pitch regarding what to do if we decide to leave the Invisible Fortress? I think that at the very least, we're going to need somewhere where we can stay and prepare for the undead attack.
Well, we would want to know where these deathlords are going to turn up. Positioning could give us crucial advantage and save us from having to stealth March our army across Creation.

It might also help if we were in a territory that may, at the very least, believe and support this campaign against the coming deathlords.

Unfortunately keeping the invisible fortress puts a wrench in my plans for the imps. But we may be able to bring them along as a starter army if they are willing. Or send them back to Malfeas before we retreat.

Nice idea. I am going to have to go with a Difficulty 4.

Well, we would want to know where these deathlords are going to turn up. Positioning could give us crucial advantage and save us from having to stealth March our army across Creation.

It might also help if we were in a territory that may, at the very least, believe and support this campaign against the coming deathlords.

Well, we do know from this post that the threat's likely to be from somewhere in the North. But yeah, distance could still be an issue. Do we try and get close enough to rush them, and risk being caught unprepared? Or do we stay back, and risk giving them the chance to build up their forces before we can hit them?

And yeah, it would certainly help if we're in that kind of location. Perhaps I can do an Introduce Fact about a local nation or faction which has previous experience fighting undead, say a disillusioned satrapy or foe of the Realm? I do have Lore as a favored ability, and plenty of unused xp. So I could boost that ability up to five for eight Introduce Fact dice.

Also, I'm probably going to take the Charm Harmonious Academic Methodology. [Essence] automatic successes and the option to gain an additional Lore specialty after each story sounds pretty appealing.

Our new buddy Rory comes from a village/town somewhere nearby. Perhaps they can be the start of a fighting force along with the imps.

Well, we do know from this post that the threat's likely to be from somewhere in the North. But yeah, distance could still be an issue. Do we try and get close enough to rush them, and risk being caught unprepared? Or do we stay back, and risk giving them the chance to build up their forces before we can hit them?

And yeah, it would certainly help if we're in that kind of location. Perhaps I can do an Introduce Fact about a local nation or faction which has previous experience fighting undead, say a disillusioned satrapy or foe of the Realm? I do have Lore as a favored ability, and plenty of unused xp. So I could boost that ability up to five for eight Introduce Fact dice.

Also, I'm probably going to take the Charm Harmonious Academic Methodology. [Essence] automatic successes and the option to gain an additional Lore specialty after each story sounds pretty appealing.

Well, we would want to case the area and try and deduce their most likely target. Regardless of what we do, we should do our best to stop them from gaining a foothold. If Thorns taught us anything, its that once they establish a foothold they are almost impossible to get out.

A disillusioned satrapy would be better than a foe of the realm. If deathlords are involved, we may need the option to pull in dynast legions or the wyld hunt if we bite off more than we can chew.

A disillusioned satrapy would be better than a foe of the realm. If deathlords are involved, we may need the option to pull in dynast legions or the wyld hunt if we bite off more than we can chew.

That's assuming we can get them on our side. Other than that though, our best chance of getting powerful allies is probably to look for a local Lunar Dominion.

That's assuming we can get them on our side. Other than that though, our best chance of getting powerful allies is probably to look for a local Lunar Dominion.
Some lunar bigwigs would be pretty handy. Are they established in the north as they are in the east?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back