• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Trial By Fire - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Buying Shifting Penumbra and Essential Mirror. Now Maja just needs Kuaidao or Bard to teach her how to be a Dynast and she's set for disguise shenanigans with Bard.

Gonna buy myself Body-Mending Meditation, as well as the Evocations Guardian Host Assembly and Gemstone Soldier Refinement, for 8 vanilla experience and 20 Solar experience.

You can do several at once, depending on the text you put up.

You'll have a few hours of travel time before you reach the fortress, so I'll let you attempt three.

Sherwood Sherwood

Over halfway done with my post. Just trying to figure out what question I need to ask.

Just to clarify.

1. "What is his driving ambition?" Is not valid for read intention because that isn't an answer reading his queus and body language would tell me the answer.

But if I were to talk about a myriad of things and then ask do the same question, it would become valid as i would be reading which of topic he resonates with best thus answering the question.

2. Asking a character a question whose answer could reveal an intimacy is not the same as Read Intentions, correct? Of which such a social action would just determine how sincere the answer is or if there are stronger emotions behind it.

3. Given I'm doing several actions in one post, but not the same instant. How would I go about stunt if I am attempting one? Would it be 1 per post? 1 per instant? Etc.

Does that sound right so far?

2. Asking a character a question whose answer could reveal an intimacy is not the same as Read Intentions, correct? Of which such a social action would just determine how sincere the answer is or if there are stronger emotions behind it.

In my opinion the specific question is actually part of the stunt for the RI action. Since you are not your character, and your character might maybe be better at some things than you, the roll for the RI action encapsulates how well your character teases out the responses they need to find out whether that intimacy exists. You can do a 'passive' RI where you simply observe from a distance (and maybe they suffer the -2 Guile for being unaware they're being observed), but if you're stunting an active RI it's the ST's call how much your character could trick/cajole/persuade them into revealing, and it doesn't have to be limited to what might be revealed in answering that specific question if your character's stats indicate they could have come up with an even better way to get at the truth.

In my opinion the specific question is actually part of the stunt for the RI action. Since you are not your character, and your character might maybe be better at some things than you, the roll for the RI action encapsulates how well your character teases out the responses they need to find out whether that intimacy exists. You can do a 'passive' RI where you simply observe from a distance (and maybe they suffer the -2 Guile for being unaware they're being observed), but if you're stunting an active RI it's the ST's call how much your character could trick/cajole/persuade them into revealing, and it doesn't have to be limited to what might be revealed in answering that specific question if your character's stats indicate they could have come up with an even better way to get at the truth.
You may need to explain that to me like I'm a five year old.

Oh sorry. Uh, let's see. It's like when you have Melee 5 and Dexterity 5 and you stunt that you feint your opponent into overextending by spinning your sword around behind your back or something flashy then hitting them while they're out of position. That would be nuts in real life. It wouldn't work, it would leave you way too open to attack. But your goal is to hit the enemy, and if you roll well enough to hit it does work. It's just a flashy description of how it works.

It's the same with Read Intentions. Your goal is to learn whether they have a certain intimacy. Your stunt is the actual questions you ask, and how you describe your side of the social interactions, but that's separate from whether you find out they have that intimacy. The questions you ask don't need to be the right questions, because just like your character is better at swordfighting than you they're also better at getting people to reveal things than you. If you roll well enough, and in the ST's opinion it was possible for your character to have learned whether they hold that intimacy (say by asking a different question, or tricking them into revealing their feelings some other way) then you can still succeed. Your description of how you do it still stands, but the question of whether that approach can work is left to the dice.

You can't learn things that simply can't be discerned from passive examination of the person if you're just watching them from afar. As the book mentions, you could figure out they're in love when they sigh dramatically and look longingly out the window, but not with whom without some clue. Maybe they're playing with a locket from their beloved and you recognize the seal of the jeweller that made it or something.

Whoops, somehow I missed a whole lot of posts in the IC thread. Poor friendly Scottish Solar! Maja is just so totally not here for this right now.

[Kuaidao has tacitly validated her rage, so Maja will take a Minor Tie of Dynasts (Hatred). D. Rex D. Rex , should you succeed in persuading Milo and Maheena to enter the house of the rising sun, would you prefer: Maja still be in the entrance hall, which will immediately complicate your plans as she greets them with a terrifying death glare and either storms off or has to be dragged out by Kuaidao or have her already asleep to simplify your life?]

I'm all for some fun dramatic complications! And I think we do something fun with it.

Is there anything you'd like to express or flesh out with Maja here that I can help build on?

I got a few ideas. I'd like to hear yours too.

I've been in the hospital since Thursday with double pneumonia and covid. I will post later in and I can.

I'm all for some fun dramatic complications! And I think we do something fun with it.

Is there anything you'd like to express or flesh out with Maja here that I can help build on?

I got a few ideas. I'd like to hear yours too.

Oops, you even quoted me and for some reason I never received a notification about this. Sorry about that. I didn't have anything I wanted to establish other than 'Maja can be terrifying when she's angry' and 'Maja is really angry at Dynasts right about now.' If you bring them through the door she'll Instill Fear. At that point Kuaidao will either drag her off, Bard will break up the fight somehow before it can start, they will retreat, or she'll deck someone.

Oops, you even quoted me and for some reason I never received a notification about this. Sorry about that. I didn't have anything I wanted to establish other than 'Maja can be terrifying when she's angry' and 'Maja is really angry at Dynasts right about now.' If you bring them through the door she'll Instill Fear. At that point Kuaidao will either drag her off, Bard will break up the fight somehow before it can start, they will retreat, or she'll deck someone.

Bard should have what it takes to counter and sooth any fear and anger. Could also probably end a fight by shouting a very forceful "enough" that makes the. Uildomg rattle. Lol or she can deck Bard for bringing them in, which could make for an interesting make up scene later. With him and Spider give I doubts would appreciate Maja hitting him.

How would you like it to play the scene? I think we can make a good scene that showcases a Lunars rage, and how dynasts are thought of.

Bard could even stunt it to his advantage. Showing the dynasts that Bard will keep them safe, and maybe even use it as a start to hint that their view isn't the only one.

Bard could even stunt it to his advantage. Showing the dynasts that Bard will keep them safe, and maybe even use it as a start to hint that their view isn't the only one.

I like this. Let's roll with Bard's defensive social interrupt. It would take a lot to make Maja hit Bard, and I don't think we're anywhere near there yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back