• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Trial By Fire - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Hmm, had a creative slightly exploitative thought. If the strength embodies the force of voice, would my "Strong Lungs" merit be applicable to it?
I can see that applying here. Sure. I'll let you add a die to your damage rolls from that.

D. Rex D. Rex Sherwood can of course just waive this rule, but as written you need to leverage an intimacy at least as strong as the one you're trying to weaken in order to even be able to roll to weaken it. So you're effectively gambling that Milo and Mahina both have an intimacy of 'Love of the People' that's as strong as their negative intimacy towards Anathema. Could be true - though perhaps more likely with Mahina than with Milo - but definitely a dangerous gamble. If they don't, it will likely be received poorly. It's definitely safer to do the read intentions first with a touchy subject like this. Unless you have one of those charms that means no one can ever take offense from your influence attempts.

D. Rex D. Rex Sherwood can of course just waive this rule, but as written you need to leverage an intimacy at least as strong as the one you're trying to weaken in order to even be able to roll to weaken it. So you're effectively gambling that Milo and Mahina both have an intimacy of 'Love of the People' that's as strong as their negative intimacy towards Anathema. Could be true - though perhaps more likely with Mahina than with Milo - but definitely a dangerous gamble. If they don't, it will likely be received poorly. It's definitely safer to do the read intentions first with a touchy subject like this. Unless you have one of those charms that means no one can ever take offense from your influence attempts.

Well I'm all about risking it for the biscuit. Though mitigating offense was one of the reason things were worded as they were. Telling a story of Hunters doing their job and throwing in elements of the intended instilling rather than an outright grating lecture.

Sadly, I learned the importance of Read Intentions a bit too late to make us of here, else I would've spent more opportunities since meeting them to decipher their intimacies. With not much time being between now and having to reveal himself to the Solars, I figured a gamble might help catch up.

However, I'm still learning social stuff. My gamble was more of hoping that the supposed tie I'm aiming for was not Defining. As I thought it was only the defining ones that had that restriction.

However. If such a gamble is a no Bueno bad idea. I could try to petition to change the purpose of the roll from weaken to instill or inspire (which wouldn't effect die). Though I think that may be unlikely as my actions have now been written in digital stone.

I will be putting up some IC posts soon; I have some family stuff to take care of but will be back home in a few hours.

With Christmas coming up, I expect that things will be slow going for the holidays, but I promise that this game will be here when everyone comes back.

To convince her to sleep with you? Not yet. She was not interested in having sex in her tent where it is easily overheard by the men sitting outside.

It's been a while; did Melinda mention that she'd be sending other Celestials our way a while ago?

To convince her to sleep with you? Not yet. She was not interested in having sex in her tent where it is easily overheard by the men sitting outside.

Lol already anticipated that. Was going get the mood "jolly" as they ate with a bit of inspire then suggest a late night stroll to her as they settled down.

However so long as another opportunity is in the cards before they arrive at the manor, I dont mind skipping it.

This is just the first. Over the next few months all 150 Solars (Are there still only 150 Solars in 3e?) are going to come knocking on the door demanding to be let in because a strange woman told them to come here until we have to have people sleep in the tombs.

The Realm will be panicking, but it turns out Melinda was Bronze all along and the greatest threat to the Solar reconquest of the Realm was putting them all in one house, Big Brother style.

This is just the first. Over the next few months all 150 Solars (Are there still only 150 Solars in 3e?) are going to come knocking on the door demanding to be let in because a strange woman told them to come here until we have to have people sleep in the tombs.

The Realm will be panicking, but it turns out Melinda was Bronze all along and the greatest threat to the Solar reconquest of the Realm was putting them all in one house, Big Brother style.

See, if this was one of my games, that would give me ideas.

I've been fighting some of my depression lately, and haven't had any motivation to do any posting. I'm trying to fight it off, but it is not easy for me right now. I will do my best to shake this as soon as possible.

I've been fighting some of my depression lately, and haven't had any motivation to do any posting. I'm trying to fight it off, but it is not easy for me right now. I will do my best to shake this as soon as possible.
Been there many a time before, definitely rough. I understand! No hurries from me. But let me know if anything i can do to help!

As an early Christmas gift, I am going to give everyone 15 xp, just enough to put you all at Essence 2, and 5 more Solar/Lunar xp to go with it. Don't forget to recalculate your Essence pools with the boost!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back