• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Trial By Fire - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Well, poor V'Neef can certainly see the writing on the wall - win the game of thrones or die - so you could certainly have picked a less receptive house to turn. You need only convince her that selling her soul by getting into bed with Anathema can't be worse than whatever Mnemon will do if she gets her hands on her. Totes easy. nbd. You've got this.

Maja is just following Kuaidao around at the moment. If Bard wants us to visit Mahina with him, she'll go. If not, she'll do whatever her task is or just explore the town.

Likewise, Kuaidao's content to wait around unless Bard wants him to see Mahina with him.

Bit late, but can I assume that the creature is speaking in Skytongue?

Yes. Forgot to mention that fact. Thank you.
You're welcome. Just asking because the native language of the spirits is Old Realm, and I wasn't sure if Bard's assumption about the creature was correct or not.

He then looked at Bard, thinking that the Zenith would be able to do a better job of convincing this creature that they were trustworthy.

Does this count as me "Intentionally ceding the ‘spotlight’ of the scene’s focus to another player’s character in such a way that it makes that character shine in the role of their Caste"?

Does this count as me "Intentionally ceding the ‘spotlight’ of the scene’s focus to another player’s character in such a way that it makes that character shine in the role of their Caste"?

I've never actually used those guidelines for awarding XP in any of my 3e games before. It hadn't even occurred to me to ask if they were in effect.

Sherwood Sherwood I tried to look up things about Summoning Demons; also going to need some help here with this.
I'ma roll a occult to see if I know if there are any rules that summon demons have to follow.

Int 5 Occult 5
6 successes

Generally, demons are bound in one of two ways. First, is for the duration of a specific task, such as 'to build a dam' or to 'kill Minister Yuza'. Once the task is done, the demon is then sent back to Malfias.

The second way is for the demon to be bound for a year and a day, at which point the demon is freed from its binding and is also sent back to Malfias.

It is likely that the demons were summoned to be a work force to build the manor house that you have the maps to. If this is the case, it is very unusual that they are still in Creation, as completing the construction of the place would have freed them. It is much more likely that they have been given the task of 'protect the manor house', and if that is the case, they may have been prisoners for several thousand years.

This also might mean that if given the command of 'protect the manor house', depending on how the command is phrased, they will consider you to be intruders, and if they ever learn that you are the re-Exalted Shards of their old masters, they may take out their savage hatred on you for leaving them for so long.

So it may behoove us to keep that fact under our belts for a while, until we learn more about them.

And have a few hundred angry little demons to deal with? And remember, they are 'little demons' only to the 25 foot tall mountain spirit, and in sheer numbers may be able to overrun us.

I wholly endorse this. After all, what could go wrong?

We did mention the last part of that piece of knowledge already...

Is there a way to roll to figure out if I can remember a past self and what Demons I would have put there?

Sherwood Sherwood

Sherwood Sherwood Also a heads up, if we get close to a Fair Folk or Spirit Thallus will get some kind of mental/sensory warning so he can attempt to spot them, even if they're immaterial.

Is there a way to roll to figure out if I can remember a past self and what Demons I would have put there?
You can give it a try, but you'll be facing some serious negative modifiers.
Sherwood Sherwood Also a heads up, if we get close to a Fair Folk or Spirit Thallus will get some kind of mental/sensory warning so he can attempt to spot them, even if they're immaterial.
Got it. Thank you for the reminder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back