• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Trial By Fire - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Psychie Psychie
Was going to see about trying to convince them to stay or get in their good graces. To see if we can make use of them.

But if you'd like, I can skip it so we can hurry to the manor.

Psychie Psychie
Was going to see about trying to convince them to stay or get in their good graces. To see if we can make use of them.

But if you'd like, I can skip it so we can hurry to the manor.
I don't mind sticking around. I was more curious to see what you had in mind.

It sounds to me like the Curator fellow doth protest too much. Very fishy if you ask me.
And when you think about it, we've only got his word that the Keystone does what he says it does. Same as with the demons.

Along with the various artifacts, I'm going to give everyone 5 Solar/Lunar xp. Will update the xp thread next with the new totals.

I went ahead and posted the various weapons, suits of armor, and hearthstones in the Lore section, along with their complete Evocation write-ups. You can discuss who gets what goodies.

I will soon have the miscellaneous artifacts listed for your convenience shortly.

Quite a number catch my eye!

Whispers of perfection, the silken armor would do a Martial artist well.

Same with the seven leaping dragon stone and stone of resilient bamboo.

And the pan pipes, of course.

Any objections to those for Bard?

I am really liking the Hundred Rings of Hadam-Ul

For the armor, Unison sounds great!

Can I get the Twin Crescent Stone and Jewel of the Heroes Panoply? That would be awesome!

I could also certainly use the unsurpassed sanxian and one of the clean collars.

Does the instrument require attunement? And would it have any hearthstone slots?

Speaking of, would their be any hearthstone amulets or bracers around?

Sherwood Sherwood

The Sanxian takes 3 motes to attune, and no, it does not have any hearthstone slots.

Most of the items you can pick up do have sockets for a hearthstone. I will say that the Collars of Dawns Cleansing Light have one too.

The Sanxian takes 3 motes to attune, and no, it does not have any hearthstone slots.

Most of the items you can pick up do have sockets for a hearthstone. I will say that the Collars of Dawns Cleansing Light have one too.
The Silken armor doesnt have any slots, according to its description, sadly.

Ah, well, I'll let you use the Collar as a Hearthstone Amulet, and what the heck, if you want to claim them, the Bracers of the Hawk has one, too.

Well thanks! But how would it be treated differently if I treated it like a hearthstone amulet?

I only need two hearthstone slots. So the collar and bracers should do. If nobody else wants the hawk bracers.

Well thanks! But how would it be treated differently if I treated it like a hearthstone amulet?

I only need two hearthstone slots. So the collar and bracers should do. If nobody else wants the hawk bracers.
In 3e, there is no real benefit to the hearthstone amulet other than as a place to put your hearthstone, so it is basically the same.

I'm up, and finally taking a look at all the Artifacts on offer for myself.

Thinking of swapping out Stormbringer for the Guardian Host, just because the latter seems to suit my planned playstyle more (commanding gemstone soldiers vs using weather-based concealment). Definitely thinking of taking Dauntless though, assuming no-one else wants it.

For Hearthstones, I'd like to take that Monkey Stone, simply to offset Dauntless's mobility penalty. I also wouldn't mind the Jewel of the Rabbit's Sword.

As people lay claim to the various Artifacts and Hearthstones, I am marking them as taken in the Lore section so two people don't try to take the same item.

Just a quick reminder: there is still the Heirophant's Eye hearthstone in the hand of Kal Bax that I didn't put in with the rest of the hearthstones.

Let's see... what of this can Maja use. Belt of Shadow Walking is really expensive but nice. Dragon's Tear Tiara occult stuff isn't directly useful to Maja yet but its random utility effect lets her stay at Appearance 6 forever so that's nice. Collar of Dawn's Cleansing Light is always nice. Wings of the Raptor are cool and cheap until you actually want to use them to fly. 7m for a ship in a box is neat but way too expensive. Presumably it is in ship form here, and you must attune to it to put it in box form? If it defaults to box form we could just carry it unattuned in case we ever want to use it. If you deattune it while it's in ship form does it then fold up into a box?

I want to collect useful hearthstones to socket into me so I'm on the lookout for stuff like the Glory Stone, Sphere of Red Rain, Gem of Incomparable Wellness, etc. Stone of the Vanisher is kind of neat? Become a mini-Sidereal. Mechanically weak but cool fluff that stacks with Faceless Trickster Approach so if I get kicked out of establishments for cheating at games of chance they won't remember what I look like when I come back.

I don't think any of the other hearthstones present are useful for her. She already has the Memory Stone, duplicating weapons isn't helpful when you already have paired natural weapons, Hierophant's Eye and Gem of Sapphire and Emerald require Sorcery which she doesn't have yet, Seven Leaping Dragon Stone requires martial arts.

I'll take BoSW, DTT (Unless someone who can actually immediately benefit from the Occult bits wants it), CoDCL, WotR, and the SotV.

Edit: I suppose I could take any hearthstones no one else wants just to socket them for the mote regeneration.

Last edited:
The ship is currently in its folded up configuration, and when you attune it, then it grows into its full sized mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back