• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Sleep of the Gods

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Grant shook his head "I don't care about you kids drinking in our pantheon 16 or so is fine especially since most of you should be resistant to alcohol. Some of your teachers might care but that's for you all to deal with." He said with a shrug as he led them into a large room that was clearly the gymnasium.

The room was long and has sections for almost any physical activity one could think of and on one side was an obstacle course made to test even demigods. "This is the Gym you all will go through here every day for at least a couple of hours so you can prepare to fight the monsters."
Musicnotes Musicnotes
"No idea" she shrugged when asked if alcohol is allowed or not." She watched as Emilia took a sip of the gourd. She talked to herself quietly like how she did the others. "Emilia, Chal.. Chalchi.. by the gods that is a mouthful." She looked at Emilia. "Oh I'm Naos, daughter of Urania."
Emilia coughed nodding "sorry,...yes she dose have a big name....so I think its a great idea for a nick name like Jordan suggested "think it was Chal" she said looking back at Jordan. "and Naos, daughter of Urania...very nice to meet you Urania" she smiled at her before following Grant. "wow...this place is big..." she said looking around.

Emilia coughed nodding "sorry,...yes she dose have a big name....so I think its a great idea for a nick name like Jordan suggested "think it was Chal" she said looking back at Jordan. "and Naos, daughter of Urania...very nice to meet you Urania" she smiled at her before following Grant. "wow...this place is big..." she said looking around.
Naos smiled. "I'll have to keep practice saying it. I'll get it sooner later."

“I literally just said that! Are you making fun of me?!” Amanra protested

“And for your information, not all of us are legal drinking age, I’m only 16” she added with a defiant humph
"well I guess so....however alcohol was never allowed in any of the schools I went too..." she questioned.

"yes...Chalchiuhtlicue is quite the long name....and I guess a bit more difficult to pronounce for some" Emilia chuckled "I think your the first to give Chalchiuhtlicue a nick name" she found it amusing.

"I guess you go have a point...." Emilia replied looking over to Lu as he placed the gourd into her hand. She held on to the gourd looking to Lu before looking back down at it. She had to take a swig, it was only right after all she didn't want to offend anyone or be rude. She lifted up the gourd and took a sip. She closed her eyes holding back the urge to go yuck as she felt goose bumps from not liking the taste. "thank you" she let out a cough handing the gourd back.
"Ah, perhaps that was too much. Hmm... maybe something smoother next time for you." He then took the gourd back and gulped multiple times before corking it. "aaaah." He then looked at Amanra "I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention... Hold on... legal drinking age? We don't have such a thing in my country"
Grant shook his head "I don't care about you kids drinking in our pantheon 16 or so is fine especially since most of you should be resistant to alcohol. Some of your teachers might care but that's for you all to deal with." He said with a shrug as he led them into a large room that was clearly the gymnasium.

The room was long and has sections for almost any physical activity one could think of and on one side was an obstacle course made to test even demigods. "This is the Gym you all will go through here every day for at least a couple of hours so you can prepare to fight the monsters."
Musicnotes Musicnotes
Lu smirked "Actually I trained my liver to be more weak when the need arises... by stronger alcohol." He giggled to himself. Looking at the gym he smiled "Ah this will be fun." He looked at Emilia "For me it is Ho Hseen Ku. Goddess of healing, and one of the eight immortals of martial arts, with a style in drunken fist." He then tapped his gourd "Which is my specialty... speaking of, can we fight a low level monster now, Grant?" Lu looked at Grant with a bit of enthusiasm... and inebriation.

"Ah, perhaps that was too much. Hmm... maybe something smoother next time for you." He then took the gourd back and gulped multiple times before corking it. "aaaah." He then looked at Amanra "I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention... Hold on... legal drinking age? We don't have such a thing in my country"

Lu smirked "Actually I trained my liver to be more weak when the need arises... by stronger alcohol." He giggled to himself. Looking at the gym he smiled "Ah this will be fun." He looked at Emilia "For me it is Ho Hseen Ku. Goddess of healing, and one of the eight immortals of martial arts, with a style in drunken fist." He then tapped his gourd "Which is my specialty... speaking of, can we fight a low level monster now, Grant?" Lu looked at Grant with a bit of enthusiasm... and inebriation.
"Yeah. Cuz you know. Alcohol's not good if your brain is under developed."

"I know you can do it with practice" she replied with a smile.

"sure thing Lu...um something smoother..." she replied now wondering what his alcohol tolerance was if he been training his liver, something she never thought was possible. "Ho Hseen Ku...oh wow....you all come from very interesting gods..." she added. "wait you really want to fight a monster now?.."

"Yeah. Cuz you know. Alcohol's not good if your brain is under developed."

"sure thing Lu...um something smoother..." she replied now wondering what his alcohol tolerance was if he been training his liver, something she never thought was possible. "Ho Hseen Ku...oh wow....you all come from very interesting gods..." she added. "wait you really want to fight a monster now?.."
Lu looked at Jordan very confused "Is that a thing?" (So uh, Lu wouldn't know because according to Dru, this setting is around post-medieval era, somewhere around the Renaissance. So not sure if everyone else got the memo.)
"I'm not familiar with studies on... brain development?" While he spoke he closed his eyes and shook the gourd for a second before holding it to Emilia again "This one should be smoother and tastier. Lower in alcohol too. And of course I want to fight a monster now. It's been a year since I had a proper fight."

Lu looked at Jordan very confused "Is that a thing?" (So uh, Lu wouldn't know because according to Dru, this setting is around post-medieval era, somewhere around the Renaissance. So not sure if everyone else got the memo.)
"I'm not familiar with studies on... brain development?" While he spoke he closed his eyes and shook the gourd for a second before holding it to Emilia again "This one should be smoother and tastier. Lower in alcohol too. And of course I want to fight a monster now. It's been a year since I had a proper fight."
(He seemes alright with my backstory which definetely took place in the modern era even if he was trasnported back)

(He seemes alright with my backstory which definetely took place in the modern era even if he was trasnported back)
(Your backstory is fine because it doesn't explicitly state anything that couldn't be around and they would have some mechanical devices though they would be primarily in the hands of God's and near indistinguishable from magic for most people. )
(Seems like I'm the only one from the past. Lu, the world's first time traveler.)
(You I see as from a rural area especially since you're a cultivator and few of your pantheon would travel too far outside their borders)

Grant sighed "most of you should be able to fight monsters if not alone then in a group but that isn't happening today though if the group would like we can pause here and let you all work out some before we explore more of the important locations." Grant gave them all a look.

Aiolos spoke up for the first time since entering the gates her shyness magnified by Grant seeing as she was the only one who actually knew how strong he and his patron were. "I wouldn't mind fighting some, I'm not the greatest at it but I take after Mom in that I can shapeshift."

Grant sighed "most of you should be able to fight monsters if not alone then in a group but that isn't happening today though if the group would like we can pause here and let you all work out some before we explore more of the important locations." Grant gave them all a look.

Aiolos spoke up for the first time since entering the gates her shyness magnified by Grant seeing as she was the only one who actually knew how strong he and his patron were. "I wouldn't mind fighting some, I'm not the greatest at it but I take after Mom in that I can shapeshift."

Naos nods trying again with repeating Chalchiuhtlicue's name to herself as she tried to get it. She stopped after a couple of seconds bringing her attention back to Grant at the offer to fight. She looked over at Aiolos as she spoke up and smiled. Glad to hear she wasnt the only who wasnt the greatest at it. She figured Grant wouldnt have offered if he didnt want to see what they could do. She looked over at the others. She had a good feeling most of them would say yes. "If the others want to, I'm not the greatest fighter either but I'll be happy to show what I can do."

Naos nods trying again with repeating Chalchiuhtlicue's name to herself as she tried to get it. She stopped after a couple of seconds bringing her attention back to Grant at the offer to fight. She looked over at Aiolos as she spoke up and smiled. Glad to hear she wasnt the only who wasnt the greatest at it. She figured Grant wouldnt have offered if he didnt want to see what they could do. She looked over at the others. She had a good feeling most of them would say yes. "If the others want to, I'm not the greatest fighter either but I'll be happy to show what I can do."

Amanra looked at them all “you guys can fight to your hearts content, I won’t be participating, I don’t like fighting” she stated before looking around the gym to see if there was anything to do.

Ankh chittered relentlessly.

“No Ankh, you know I don’t like fighting, I don’t care if they think I’m weak or not, they’ve all had easy lives, if you want to test your strength against them then go ahead, but I’m not going to fight!” She told her beetle with an agitated tone, obviously loud enough to drawn everyone’s attention.

Drumonkey Drumonkey Dragunov Dragunov AquaMarie AquaMarie The Wordsmith Myth The Wordsmith Myth

Amanra looked at them all “you guys can fight to your hearts content, I won’t be participating, I don’t like fighting” she stated before looking around the gym to see if there was anything to do.

“No Ankh, you know I don’t like fighting, I don’t care if they think I’m weak or not, they’ve all had easy lives, if you want to test your strength against them then go ahead, but I’m not going to fight!” She told her beetle with an agitated tone, obviously loud enough to drawn everyone’s attention.

Drumonkey Drumonkey Dragunov Dragunov AquaMarie AquaMarie The Wordsmith Myth The Wordsmith Myth
"Hey," Jordan said. "I'm not saying your life wasn't hard. But that doesn't mean ours were easy. Don't talk before you know what our lives have been like."

"Oh...no gracias...maybe later?..." Emilia replied really hoping she did not offended Lu with not exceping the drink. She was unsure if she would be able stomach the alcohol if she had another sip.

Emilia was going to speak up that she would prefer to continue on the tour or the facilities instead of fighting. Seeing how many were keen to test out their skills. She turned to the girl that hadn't said a word as she spoke out about not liking to fight. She understood not wanting to fight though it was a bit harsh that she assumed they all had easy lives. "...I would also like to sit this one out ....please..." Emilia decided to speak out, she didn't say anything else as to not embressed Embarrassed herself , as she had never really fought in her life

Naos frowned. "Its okay that you dont like fighting, it's your choice if you want to join us. If your not comfortable with it okay....but you really shouldn't be so quick to judge others."

"Hey," Jordan said. "I'm not saying your life wasn't hard. But that doesn't mean ours were easy. Don't talk before you know what our lives have been like."

"Oh...no gracias...maybe later?..." Emilia replied really hoping she did not offended Lu with not exceping the drink. She was unsure if she would be able stomach the alcohol if she had another sip.

Emilia was going to speak up that she would prefer to continue on the tour or the facilities instead of fighting. Seeing how many were keen to test out their skills. She turned to the girl that hadn't said a word as she spoke out about not liking to fight. She understood not wanting to fight though it was a bit harsh that she assumed they all had easy lives. "...I would also like to sit this one out ....please..." Emilia decided to speak out, she didn't say anything else as to not embressed Embarrassed herself , as she had never really fought in her life

Naos frowned. "Its okay that you dont like fighting, it's your choice if you want to join us. If your not comfortable with it okay....but you really shouldn't be so quick to judge others."
Aiolos felt a surge of annoyance at the girls comment, their life hadn't exactly been difficult but to hear someone just assume she had an easy life made some of her worse instincts rise up. With a frown Aiolos shifted into an 8 legged horse that reared up on its back 4 legs as she neighed and approached Amanra.

Aiolos felt a surge of annoyance at the girls comment, their life hadn't exactly been difficult but to hear someone just assume she had an easy life made some of her worse instincts rise up. With a frown Aiolos shifted into an 8 legged horse that reared up on its back 4 legs as she neighed and approached Amanra.
Jordan got between them. "Whoa hey. I didn't like the commemt either but lets not start fighting amonst each other."

Jordan got between them. "Whoa hey. I didn't like the commemt either but lets not start fighting amonst each other."

Drumonkey Drumonkey

(lol, and they don’t know much about her life, so the comment was a double edge sword)

Amanra back up in fear before Ankh jumped off her shoulder chittering wildly as he began to grow to his full size. The chittering slowly began to sound more thunderous and like gnashing teeth as the beetle fully grew and practically growled at the horse girl.

Drumonkey Drumonkey

(lol, and they don’t know much about her life, so the comment was a double edge sword)

Amanra back up in fear before Ankh jumped off her shoulder chittering wildly as he began to grow to his full size. The chittering slowly began to sound more thunderous and like gnashing teeth as the beetle fully grew and practically growled at the horse girl.
A cool aura began to radiate from her as she pawed the ground with a couple of their hooves while a core formed into a spear that floated next to her "I didn't think you Egyptians would be so rude. To insult us when we all have the same future of fighting back the monsters and protecting the mortals how dare you?"

Grant cleared his throat "thats enough either settle this in the ring or end it here." As he said that his staff glowed with a green light and everyone could feel his presence weighing on them.

Drumonkey Drumonkey

A cool aura began to radiate from her as she pawed the ground with a couple of their hooves while a core formed into a spear that floated next to her "I didn't think you Egyptians would be so rude. To insult us when we all have the same future of fighting back the monsters and protecting the mortals how dare you?"

Grant cleared his throat "thats enough either settle this in the ring or end it here." As he said that his staff glowed with a green light and everyone could feel his presence weighing on them.
Naos watched seeing Jordan try to intervene while the scarab grew large. She honestly wondered if the two would fight since Amanra said she didn't like it. She felt Grant's presence weigh on her as she watched to see what the two would do.

“Insult you?! You think I insulted you because I said you had easier lives than I did? At least your parents still love you and you didn’t have to grow up on the street!” She shouted, her own aura pushing back against hers and giving her a bit of a reprieve from Grants, but not by much.

“My father threw me away when I was 6, I lived off the streets for 10 years, not knowing where my next meal would come from or if anybody would help, sometimes going days without eating!” She added before dropping to her knees and breathing heavily.

As soon as he heard this Ankh spun around and shrunk to a more manageable size as he helped support Amanra, completely ignoring the horse girl. Amanra just leaned on Ankh waiting for whatever would happen next…

The Wordsmith Myth The Wordsmith Myth Musicnotes Musicnotes

“Insult you?! You think I insulted you because I said you had easier lives than I did? At least your parents still love you and you didn’t have to grow up on the street!” She shouted, her own aura pushing back against hers and giving her a bit of a reprieve from Grants, but not by much.

“My father threw me away when I was 6, I lived off the streets for 10 years, not knowing where my next meal would come from or if anybody would help, sometimes going days without eating!” She added before dropping to her knees and breathing heavily.

As soon as he heard this Ankh spun around and shrunk to a more manageable size as he helped support Amanra, completely ignoring the horse girl. Amanra just leaned on Ankh waiting for whatever would happen next…

Naos went over to Amanra. She hugged her. "I'm sorry you went through that. No one should go through that. "

Jordan ran over to her. "Whoa hey you alright? Hold on? This is a pretty simple build but it's helped me through a tough times." I plucked a hair from his head and it turned into a soft pillow. "Breath." He said handing it to her. "And hold that tight."

Drumonkey Drumonkey

Emilia watched as Aiolos transformed and rushed towards Amanra. She took a step back waiting for the worse, however was suprise when Jordan got between them. Either that guy was very brave or crazy. She kept to the sidelines just watching the whole thing pan out.

Emilia felt bad for the girl she really had a rough childhood. She watched as Jordan and Naos went over to check on her and comfort her. Not wanting to crowd expshally with the girl hyperventilating.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back