• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
“I… I don’t know. I guess I’ve never really had friends before, so I can’t argue. But, I’m worried about you two. You don’t even know if the other one’s a first year. He could know some really nasty spells.” Remus looked down at the table.

“Oh don’t worry about us Remus, we’ll hold our own,” replied Sirius with a confident smirk. “Right James?” he asked the messy haired boy. “James is plenty tough! I’ve seen it! And I bet is Sirius too!” Peter added.

"Absolutely! I don't care what spells he knows. I can take them." James flexed.

The entire room went silent as the last person was sorted. Professor Dumbledore stood up and started giving a speech. James groaned. "Lads, I am so hungry. I'm about to die."

Remus smiled. "I think it's almost done?"

Sirius nodded in agreement. He wasn’t afraid at all of Snape and Mulciber. Soon the Sorting Ceremony came to an end and their headmaster, Albus Dumbledore, came up to the podium to give a little speech. In his speech welcoming everyone to Hogwarts, he’d given a grave warning about not visiting the Forbidden Forest, lest you wanted to die a most brutal death. That part made Peter shudder with fear. Sirius only became more curious about it. Finally, Dumbledore wrapped up his speech and with a snap of his finger, delicious food appeared in front of everyone. Sirius’ eyes widened- it all looked amazing, and he realized just how hungry he really was.

Remus gasped. "Woah... that's... I've never seen this much food in one place."

"Merlin's beard, finally!" James started scooping up food into his plate. "It smells so good."

Remus wasn't sure what to do. How much was he allowed to take? He didn't even recognize half of these dishes.

“It looks delicious,” commented Sirius in awe. “Smells like it too!” added Peter. “Well dig in boys! Here’s to us at Hogwarts!” Sirius said, raising his chalice for a toast. Peter grinned and raised his chalice as well. “Huzzah!” he said.

James raised his. "To the Boat Besties!"

Remus relented and raised his glass. "To getting to Hogwarts and James somehow being right about where we end up."

"More like to James not losing hope because of his cynical friends." James stuck out his tongue before taking a hearty swig. "Ahh, pumpkin juice. Delicious."

Sirius took a big gulp of his pumpkin juice after the toast, laughing at what Remus had said. It was rather funny that James seemed to have a gut feeling they’d all end up here in Gryffindor. He’d deal with his parents’ wrath later. Tonight was for celebration and fun. “Remind me to ask you for the winning lottery numbers James,” joked Peter.

“I’d need to be with you when you bought the ticket.” James paused. “And in a boat.”

Remus shook his head. “I don’t think they’d let you bring in a boat.” He was quickly accepting his role as the frequently ignored voice of reason, James and Sirius much more likely to chase any form of chaos within grasp.

James rolled his eyes. “If they don’t, then they don’t have the winning ticket.”

“That’s not how that works.” Remus snorted.

Peter laughed at the oddly specific terms for that. Sirius shook his head at the silliness of it all. “Remus is right,” he chuckled, “They wouldn’t let you bring a bloody boat in when you buy a lottery ticket,” he added.

“Wow! My greatest ally siding against me!” James flopped on to the table, narrowly avoiding his plate. “I’ll never recover.”

Remus carefully pushed James’ hair aside. “You’re going to get food all over your hair like that.”

“Yea, careful! Wouldn’t want to make that messy hair already more messy!” Sirius giggled. “Psst James!” Peter said, tugging on his friend’s sleeve. “It’s that red haired girl from earlier! She’s a Gryffindor now!” he whispered, pointing over at Lily Evans. He knew that James had taken an interest in her.

James picked his head up. “Where?” He turned to find her.

“You haven’t even properly met her and your love sick.” Remus shook his head fondly. “I’m worried about what’s going to happen when you do meet her.”

“Love at first sight.” James sighed dreamily.

Sirius snickered at how infatuated James seemed with a pretty girl he hadn’t even talked to yet. “She’s sitting at the end with those Gryffindor girls,” whispered Peter as he looked at Lily Evans. “You should talk to her then James,” suggested Sirius.

"Now?" James turned bright red and tried to find her. "But I have to prepare first! Write a whole speech..."

"A speech seems excessive." Remus frowned.

"Fine, Remus. Tell me how they do it in your books if you know so much." James crossed his arms, raising an eyebrow.

"They're fiction, James."

“You don’t need a speech James, just be herself and wow her with your natural charm,” said Sirius with a grin, egging her on. “I bet she’ll dig your messy hair,” snickered Peter, being somewhat facetious.

"You think so?" James played with one of the flyaways like a teenage girl, grinning and kicking his feet. "Do you really think I should go all in now? What if it's too soon?"

“Butterflies in the ol’ stomach there James?” Sirius asked him with a cheeky grin, wiggling his eyebrows. “I say go for it,” he said as he took a bite of some food.

James groaned. "Okay, fine! But if this goes badly, I'm blaming all of you."

"I don't know, James. She wasn't in the magic boat." Remus shrugged. "Maybe it's not meant to be."

“What’s the worst that could happen?” Sirius asked with a snicker. “She could say no- or she could hex him,” said Peter. “We don’t know any magic yet dingus I doubt she does either,” replied Sirius.

"You guys are not very supportive friends." James huffed. "But fine! I'm going." He was practically buzzing with nerves as he walked up to Evans. "Excuse me? Hello!"

“Go!” Sirius egged him on. He grinned as James approached the pretty red haired girl. Upon being addressed, Lily turned around, her stunning green eyes staring back at James. “Uhh, hi,” replied Lily, giving him a pleasant little smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back