• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Color Of Royalty OOC Chat

FloatingAroundSpace

Three Thousand Club
Out of Character Chat

Please direct any questions to me in this thread here. Feel free to plan and converse with one another here as well.

Roles
The Yellow Crows

The Grandmaster

Dmitry Tundra -- @GrieveWriter

The Eyes

Auice Koryzis -- @InsaneEntry

The Beaks

Hilda Min -- @FloatingAroundSpace

Marsh -- @DanishKreddi

The Talons

Blaise Hawtrell -- @Prudentia

Nicholas "Rat" -- @Shanman411

Hugo Hale -- @Bunny

The Feathers

Ciri Navarro -- @Mine

Eos Mercia -- @tanagerie

The Red Knights

The Shield

Bernard Catalan -- @QuestingBeast

Alred Harken -- @Wandering Hollow

The Swordhand

Tristan Vance -- @raspberryrose

The Helmet

Ciel Lee -- @FloatingAroundSpace

The Royals

The King

King Cadmus Rayn -- @Prudentia

The Heir

Daniel Rayn -- @Church418

The Bride

Ardyn Celia Rayn -- @Semblance

The Prince and Princess

Hewyn "Hugh" Rayn -- @Archie

Alorei Miralisa Rayn -- @Irianne

Last edited by a moderator:
@thefan1

I'm still working on ironing this out completely but I don't think I'll be reserving spots, especially for roles that would only have one character. I would prefer to have the opportunity to view all of the applications for the position and choose the best one.

That said, I'm planning on allowing people to submit two characters if they do apply for a role that only has one character so they can still be in the RP if they so choose.

FloatingAroundSpace said:
@thefan1
I'm still working on ironing this out completely but I don't think I'll be reserving spots, especially for roles that would only have one character. I would prefer to have the opportunity to view all of the applications for the position and choose the best one.

That said, I'm planning on allowing people to submit two characters if they do apply for a role that only has one character so they can still be in the RP if they so choose.
Oh ok, thanks for telling me!

omg i'm low key dying while reading the synopsis. it's so well thought out. one question: what would happen if a human and a marked person were to have a kid? would that even be possible?

@Clock

My first thought is that I don't think anyone's ever gotten that far. Partially because it's kind of hard to miss a bunch of black swirls on someone no matter what their skin tone and also because the Red Knights or Yellow Crows would take note and grab them for their own purposes before then.

Given that people will "randomly" be born with magic, I'm going to say that humans have always had the potential for it but the ability to have magic is a recessive trait and therefore there needs to be magic in the bloodlines of both parents. If one parent is magical, it ups the chances and if both parents are magical, it's basically assumed that the child will be as well.

[QUOTE="The Velveteen Rabbit]
Would it be alright if I reserved a princess?^^ I should have a character sheet finished by tomorrow!

[/QUOTE]
I haven't finished setting this up yet, but I'm afraid I'm not doing reserves at this time. This won't be first come first serve and I'm simply be looking over who I think is best for a role.

FloatingAroundSpace said:
I haven't finished setting this up yet, but I'm afraid I'm not doing reserves at this time. This won't be first come first serve and I'm simply be looking over who I think is best for a role.

That's fine!^^ I should still have a CS up by tonight!

@Cecilia @Zenaida

I am officially summoning you two. You might like this.

... Might summon more people later ...

... ... ...

Anyway, I like what you decided to do with the whole magic thing there. ^-^

I'll be working on a character, though I'm not positive what I'm going to make yet.

From just reading the summary- I'm already hooked onto this! Fantasy, magic, royalty- What is there to not like?

I'll love to join in and choose to become a Swordhand- That is, I hope I pass...

I'll start working on my characteristics

Derp a derp, I almost forgot!

I'm ready to serve!

Oh man I'm kinda torn now that the royal family is opened up. I was super interested in being a Yellow Crow but hmm.... being part of a really evil regime just sounds fun.... Oh well, either way, I'm ready to serve!

Irianne said:
Oh man I'm kinda torn now that the royal family is opened up. I was super interested in being a Yellow Crow but hmm.... being part of a really evil regime just sounds fun.... Oh well, either way, I'm ready to serve!
You could potentially be both.(>u>)

Attention: Because I clearly was elsewhere when creating the CS, I forgot to add magical specialty. Please include that in your CS somewhere. Thank you and I apologize for my mistake.

@FloatingAroundSpace I know this is probably a question that can be answered with simple logic, but I figure I'll ask anyway... If it was answered somewhere in the text and I just kind of... missed it... then I apologize ahead of time. I'm a tad tired.

If one was to 'specialize' in one of the three moderate magic types, would they still be able to know/use to some degree the simple types?

InsaneEntry said:
@FloatingAroundSpace I know this is probably a question that can be answered with simple logic, but I figure I'll ask anyway... If it was answered somewhere in the text and I just kind of... missed it... then I apologize ahead of time. I'm a tad tired.
If one was to 'specialize' in one of the three moderate magic types, would they still be able to know/use to some degree the simple types?
It's all relative to how much a person practices the magic. If someone practices simple magic alongside moderate magic, they may be able to master both. Generally, simple magic is easier to tap into so they could potentially be able to have an easier time tapping into their simple magic reserves if the masteres moderate but it's not guarenteed if they didn't at least try the other magics ahead of time. A comparison I'm going to end up using a lot is learning a language. If you learn them young, you'll have an easier time and be more fluent and have less trouble. The older you are, the harder it is, the less fluent, and the more likely an accent or hinderance would occur.

So yes, one could master a moderate magic alongside a simple magic. You can master as many as you want from a young age but I'm thinking no more than three if you're a Crow. You can also dabble in other magics if you don't master them at a young age though you will be a lot more limited.

Hope that clears things up.

Boy, am I ready to serve. I think I am going to try for the Bride character. Need to get my creative juices flowing. I will submit a WIP later today. If that is alright.

Ready to serve, m'lord. :3

Winter is coming.

Questions: How long will you give for us to submit applications? Will you wait to 'like' posts once several of each category have been submitted?

TheWretchedEgg said:
Ready to serve, m'lord. :3
Winter is coming.

Questions: How long will you give for us to submit applications? Will you wait to 'like' posts once several of each category have been submitted?
It really depends on how many of each group are submitted. I don't predict myself waiting more than two weeks to begin but that may change if one important role is not filed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back