• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Academy for the Unusually Gifted

((Goodnight!))

"I knew it!" Oliver said excitedly when a door appeared behind the melted painting. "Come on, we definitely have to look past this door now." He tried to push the door, careful not to touch the still-melting remnants of the painting and frame. Jeez I hope that painting wasn't expensive or anything, he thought to himself quietly.

(I'm just posting this before I go offline. Everyone seems to be going offline, so yeah, can't roleplay by myself. I'll just write my story that I was writing this whole time while waiting for someone to reply.)

"Let me help you with that..." said Ken as he helped Oliver push open the door. When they opened it, they found some iron stairs, with cobwebs almost everywhere. "This school... Is built on secrets..."

"If they really wanted to hide something down here, I don't think it would have been this obvious though." Oliver said, though he still sounded excited to explore this new area. he hopped over the melted heap to get into the dusty passage. 'Come on!"

"I knew it-" Gage slid into the seat, snatched the cigarette from Colten and inspected it, "I could smell the smoke from a mile away." Gage's smile slowly faded as he twirled the cigarette in between his fingers, "How the hell did you get them into here?"

Ken followed Oliver into the deep, dark stairwell.

"Like you said. The principal might be crazy."

Ken changed his eyes to yellow, and they turned into a flashlight.

"Woah, that's your freaky power?" Oliver looked amazed at Ken's eyes. He raised his hand up to shield his eyes from the unexpectedly bright light. "Where did you learn to do something like this?"

"Eh, it came with my birth. That's not my only "freaky power," I can manipulate many things just by using my mind. These yellow eyes are special, and are actually flashlights. I turned my eyes yellow when looking in my closet before I came here because it reminded me of a flashlight, and I thought it might help me look better, and I found out that it was actually a flashlight. Green eyes mean sonar (GPS).

"Amazing," Oliver said, even surprised with himself for thinking anyone else other than himself was amazing. "My power is really simple and straightforward. I can make things hot and cold as long as I'm touching them." Oliver looked down at his hands as he said this, wondering why, for the first time, he was able to do what he could.

"Anyways, what's that?" said Ken, pointing to a row of mechs. "And that?" said Ken, this time pointing to a row of Jetpacks and guns.

"Maybe it's an escape option?" Oliver went up to the jet packs, examining the light coat of dust. He wiped his finger across the dull metallic coat only to see how dusty and dirty the outer shell really was. "Do you think they even still work?"

"I'm sure of it. They look new." said Ken as his eyes changed brown. "Oh, brown eyes have a power too. They see the life force of everything. These have 10,000 years if they lay undisturbed. Even if they're in pieces. I think we may be going to war... Let's try opening this gigantic gate."

"I don't want to melt too many things, it actually hurts my hands a bit. It's not like I have heat-resistant skin, you know." He said, looking over to the iron gate. "I don't suppose you have some sort of combustion power related to your eyes, hmm?" he said, elbowing Ken in the side jokingly.

"I meant this lever right here." said Ken, patting the letter. Those pats alone opened it. There was lush, green scenery past the gate. Ken stared at it in awe. "How could they keep this a secret? Did some part of the earth slope down? Because that's the only thing I can think of..."

"Oh yeah. I recommend wearing some gloves." said Ken as he handed Oliver some heat-resistant gloves.

Oliver looked down at the gloves curiously. "Did you just find these lying around?" He said, picking one glove up by the tip of the index finger, examining it carefully. He didn't trust the gloves, especially if they were just found in this secret room in the wall. These things must have been locked up and partially hidden for a reason, so he was skeptical about putting them on. He lowered the glove back to his other hand's palm when he saw the vividly colored garden through the gate Ken just opened. "Woah..." he actually was mesmerized by the beauty of the scene before him. His mind actually turned to mush the more he looked at it, as if is had hypnotizing qualities.

"No, my friend lended it to me. My other soul. His name's Kei. Similar names, eh? He is the son of the Japanese god of creation. A demigod. (This has to do with my story.) Anyways, what's with this? Why did they keep this a secret?" asked Ken.

Leon realized Ken was missing, and went to search for him. When he retraced his steps, he found the melted painting and iron stairway Ken and Oliver had just headed down. Leon headed down there, and saw everything. The outside. Jetpacks, mechs, and guns. The big gate. Oliver's gloves. Ken's eyes.

"I guess then they must be safe, if they come from your friend." Oliver said sarcastically, his more self-centered side coming out. He didn't put them on, but instead just kept examining them. He found that he was too distracted to try and observe the gloves, he was too enamored with the scene of the serenity ahead. It was almost like his mind was made fuzzy just by looking at it.

"He's my other soul... Uh, Oliver?" asked Ken, snapping his fingers in front of Oliver. "Wake up, we've got to go find out what's out there."

"I'm going too." said Leon.

"Leon? You were here?"

"Yep."

"*Sigh*... Guess we'll have to take you with us. Let's go, Oliver." said Ken, beckoning Oliver to the grassy land.

"Huh? Oh, maybe we shouldn't go in there." Oliver said, uneasy. He didn't know why he had trouble thinking straight, and it was actually making him afraid. If his mental capacity was muddled, he would have trouble making his own decisions, so he didn't to be a mindless drone just following whatever someone else told him. He shook his head and stepped back. "No, I can't go in there."

(Hey. Going to bed. Hate to ask this, but is it possible to tone it down just a bit so people who have retired for the time being arent lost tomorrow?)

(Sure. Just one last thing.)

"Okay. I leave you here, with all the equipment. Oh, yeah, and seal up the door, would you? Thanks." said Ken as he stepped out into the grass and had a breath of real air. He walked around, feeling jolly, when he saw a gigantic tree. He began to climb it.

Oliver went back across the melted painting, now wanting to be anywhere near this hypnotic field. As he tore his eyes away from it and put some distance between them, he felt his mind clear up so he could think again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back