• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Superheros and Villains

"Jackson, though not altered at birth, has undergone his own experimental changes, and those changes have been both manipulated and exploited. While he may lack the same resources to shield her knowledge from discovery as you possess, it is beyond question that he holds the raw power necessary to protect her, should unsavory forces seek her out. Moreover, Mr. Lake remains notably unaffiliated with the entanglements of either the heroic or criminal realms that those present here find themselves immersed in. While he has collaborated with the Avengers and the Hero League in the past, he has since relinquished his Hero League membership and declined offers of affiliation from both the Justice League and the Avengers. It is conceivable, then, that under his care, she would face the least likelihood of becoming embroiled in either world." Vision said. "I appreciate the weight of this decision and the merits of both parties, but I believe that Jackson is logically and morally the best option for her.
"Of course, both of you could raise her together as a couple." James joked in Japanese to Makoto. Makoto looked at Jackson for a few seconds before responding in Japanese "He actually is kinda cute. If I wasn't dating Sasha I'd give it a shot." Jarvis translated their words into a text box on Tony's glasses. Makoto spoke then in English "Raw power can only go so far. The issue I would argue is in your assessment in that a neutral territory would prevent her from becoming a criminal or a hero. The flaw in such logic is that neutral territory is where most are recruited into such worlds. I know how people are taken into the world of crime, how they become desensitized to it either by media or foolishness. As someone with a heavy role in such a world, I know the steps to avoid having her fall into such a path. Not just by wisdom, but by identities, locations, and materials. It's a world where the snakes hide in the grass. But I have the scythe that can separate the serpent from the seeds."

"Your argument holds merit, yet I must respectfully disagree with your conclusion. Raw power, as you say, has its limits. However, the neutrality I speak of is not one of ignorance, but of deliberate disengagement. It is not the absence of influence that keeps her safe, but the absence of the gravitational pull that both the heroic and criminal worlds exert on those within their orbit. You speak of a scythe, an instrument to cut away the serpents hidden in the grass. But such an approach, though effective, is reactive.

Mr. Lake’s position, by contrast, is one of non-participation, an existence outside of these ecosystems entirely. He is not bound by the ongoing conflicts that demand constant vigilance and intervention. His lack of ties to either the Avengers or the Justice League, while seemingly passive, affords him an uncommon freedom. In his care, she would not merely be shielded from the serpents, but removed from the field where they coil. Prevention, rather than constant pruning. That, I argue, is the essence of true protection: the avoidance of battle, not the endless readiness for it."

Tony meanwhile stifled a laugh at Jarvis' translation.

"Your argument holds merit, yet I must respectfully disagree with your conclusion. Raw power, as you say, has its limits. However, the neutrality I speak of is not one of ignorance, but of deliberate disengagement. It is not the absence of influence that keeps her safe, but the absence of the gravitational pull that both the heroic and criminal worlds exert on those within their orbit. You speak of a scythe, an instrument to cut away the serpents hidden in the grass. But such an approach, though effective, is reactive.

Mr. Lake’s position, by contrast, is one of non-participation, an existence outside of these ecosystems entirely. He is not bound by the ongoing conflicts that demand constant vigilance and intervention. His lack of ties to either the Avengers or the Justice League, while seemingly passive, affords him an uncommon freedom. In his care, she would not merely be shielded from the serpents, but removed from the field where they coil. Prevention, rather than constant pruning. That, I argue, is the essence of true protection: the avoidance of battle, not the endless readiness for it."

Tony meanwhile stifled a laugh at Jarvis' translation.
"And we have evidence that such an experiment is successful? Not so much with a human experiment or powerful mutant, but a bioweapon who has information scattered throughout of her existence? I can understand the need for non-participation but my concern is unsavory methods used to acquire Eden. That is a concern. A bigger concern is more psychological. Mutants always are born with their abilities or develop it at an age. Bioweapons are created FOR their abilities. They have no say in their existence. Eden has already done some missions for a crime lord as it stands." Makoto then looked at James "Show them." James nodded and pulled out his phone, connecting it to the TV. The broadcast showed security footage of a grey corridor in an odd looking facility. "Wait" Makoto said before pushing himself in his wheelchair to Eden. He spoke in Russian "Close your eyes." And he covered her ears. She nodded and closed her eyes. "This was footage taken at a facility for weapons research and development for the Chinese government. The mafia who created Eden, the Volkova family, has connections with individuals in the military industrial complex in certain parts of the world. Having a government develop their own weapons and tanks as opposed to using taxes to pay for them from a private company... Is far more profitable to Volkova who owns stocks. This footage was taken three months ago." James said before he hit play and the footage showed a man in a lab coat speaking in Mandarin falling onto his rear, backing away from something out of sight of the camera. There were subtitles put on the footage "Please! No! I have a family! I didn't do anything! I just work on tank armor! Please! Let me li-" Suddenly a huge blade on a tentacle cut the man directly in half. Eden walked past the man's corpse as she spoke into an ear piece. Her voice was hollow and lacked emotion "Target eliminated. I am... ready to go home..." She then continued walking further out of shot of the camera "That's just a taste of what she has been through. There is more." James said.

"And we have evidence that such an experiment is successful? Not so much with a human experiment or powerful mutant, but a bioweapon who has information scattered throughout of her existence? I can understand the need for non-participation but my concern is unsavory methods used to acquire Eden. That is a concern. A bigger concern is more psychological. Mutants always are born with their abilities or develop it at an age. Bioweapons are created FOR their abilities. They have no say in their existence. Eden has already done some missions for a crime lord as it stands." Makoto then looked at James "Show them." James nodded and pulled out his phone, connecting it to the TV. The broadcast showed security footage of a grey corridor in an odd looking facility. "Wait" Makoto said before pushing himself in his wheelchair to Eden. He spoke in Russian "Close your eyes." And he covered her ears. She nodded and closed her eyes. "This was footage taken at a facility for weapons research and development for the Chinese government. The mafia who created Eden, the Volkova family, has connections with individuals in the military industrial complex in certain parts of the world. Having a government develop their own weapons and tanks as opposed to using taxes to pay for them from a private company... Is far more profitable to Volkova who owns stocks. This footage was taken three months ago." James said before he hit play and the footage showed a man in a lab coat speaking in Mandarin falling onto his rear, backing away from something out of sight of the camera. There were subtitles put on the footage "Please! No! I have a family! I didn't do anything! I just work on tank armor! Please! Let me li-" Suddenly a huge blade on a tentacle cut the man directly in half. Eden walked past the man's corpse as she spoke into an ear piece. Her voice was hollow and lacked emotion "Target eliminated. I am... ready to go home..." She then continued walking further out of shot of the camera "That's just a taste of what she has been through. There is more." James said.
Vision watched the screen. "I do not deny the severity of what has happened since her creation. Amd Bioweapons are, as you say, created for their powers. However if the concern is Psychological I believe that neither Jackson nor Makoto are properly equipped. She would need regular therapy. "She has already been used but it does not fully predict her future. I believe-"

"Enough!" Jackson said. "Enough... Look we can argue about this all day. Vision is programmed to be able to rebuttal any argument. And it's clear we all care what happens to Eden." He said, "So I'm putting it forward now. I don't like that Makoto's a mon boss but I don't think how he has the resources to help her are as important right now as the fact that he HAS the resources. I've got the raw power to protect her. They have the resources to erase her. That's not an argument to me." Jackson looked at Makoto. "I'm putting my vote in. Makoto."

There was silence. "Well then. I believe this debate is over. Jackson has begun the vote... Against himself." Vision said. "I vote Jackson." Tony said. "I do as well." Vision said. "I'm not voting... This is more complicated than I thought." Logsn said

Vision watched the screen. "I do not deny the severity of what has happened since her creation. Amd Bioweapons are, as you say, created for their powers. However if the concern is Psychological I believe that neither Jackson nor Makoto are properly equipped. She would need regular therapy. "She has already been used but it does not fully predict her future. I believe-"

"Enough!" Jackson said. "Enough... Look we can argue about this all day. Vision is programmed to be able to rebuttal any argument. And it's clear we all care what happens to Eden." He said, "So I'm putting it forward now. I don't like that Makoto's a mon boss but I don't think how he has the resources to help her are as important right now as the fact that he HAS the resources. I've got the raw power to protect her. They have the resources to erase her. That's not an argument to me." Jackson looked at Makoto. "I'm putting my vote in. Makoto."

There was silence. "Well then. I believe this debate is over. Jackson has begun the vote... Against himself." Vision said. "I vote Jackson." Tony said. "I do as well." Vision said. "I'm not voting... This is more complicated than I thought." Logsn said
James and Makoto were shocked by what Jackson said. Their eyes were wide. Makoto then spoke "I was going to point out. She and I are the same in many ways and... no... no more of this pointless debate." James nodded "I vote for Makoto. It's not just resources, but also experience. Makoto knows what it's like to live this life. Having that kind of connection helps someone not feel... different." He looked at Logan "Xavier made a school for mutants... maybe we'll end up creating a home for bioweapons." James then shrugged.

James and Makoto were shocked by what Jackson said. Their eyes were wide. Makoto then spoke "I was going to point out. She and I are the same in many ways and... no... no more of this pointless debate." James nodded "I vote for Makoto. It's not just resources, but also experience. Makoto knows what it's like to live this life. Having that kind of connection helps someone not feel... different." He looked at Logan "Xavier made a school for mutants... maybe we'll end up creating a home for bioweapons." James then shrugged.
Logan looked at him. "I can't tell you how many times things have fone wrong at that achool." He said. "I'm staying neutral here." He said. "Then depening on Cap's vote we'll need a tie breaker." Jackson said.

Logan looked at him. "I can't tell you how many times things have fone wrong at that achool." He said. "I'm staying neutral here." He said. "Then depening on Cap's vote we'll need a tie breaker." Jackson said.
Steve was thinking "I might have to go with Makoto on this. No offense Vision but when it comes to human lives, sometimes you need a humans perspective." Makoto was surprised by Cap's words "So... tie breaker." Makoto said.

Steve was thinking "I might have to go with Makoto on this. No offense Vision but when it comes to human lives, sometimes you need a humans perspective." Makoto was surprised by Cap's words "So... tie breaker." Makoto said.
"No tie breaker." Jackson said. "Vision and Tony voted me. You, Cap, and me voted you."

Jei follows alongside him and studies his face silently. She smiles softly, slowly slipping her hand into his. Maybe she didn't need to change herself. Maybe she just needed to change her scenery.
Eric just smiled and took her hand. "So judging by what you told me, I have to ask. Are you staying in Edgewood by yourself?"

"There is something to note. Your opposition will be able to see your initial movement. A smart enough opponent could use that to try and predict where you'll strike from. So don't make it too obvious every time." He explained.
"Okay got it." Nyx nods using her shadows to make her scythe. "Any other suggestions?"

Maddy was the first to wake up the next morning. She looked and saw Eris sleeping on her like she was a pillow. She nudged hr off gently to not wake her before turning back to her human form. She stretched and rubbed her eyes. They were back to normal. She grabbed her phone and looked at all the missed messages she had. She sighs. “Well one thing at a time.”

Hunter was snoring softly still sleeping.

Eric just smiled and took her hand. "So judging by what you told me, I have to ask. Are you staying in Edgewood by yourself?"
Jei's smile brightens as he takes her hand. "Oh, yeah. I'm staying in an apartment not too far from here."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back