• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Super Smash Bros. (OOC)

Main
Here
Pfffff, I didn't recieve any notification from the OOC, and was very confused on why we had Shovel Knight pop outta nowhere.

Should be a fun addition to the group thought!
I just imagine you reading it and like oh okay guess he’s in here too- XD

Dhsofhs We should just legally change Roxas’ name to Saxor, boom problem solved 👌
That sounds trauma inducing for poor Roxas. I don't think he needs more of that

Ploegy Ploegy 101 101 Funnier President Funnier President

101, right now we're waiting for a post from Roxas to cycle back to me, but after that, instead of having another stationary introduction cycle, do you guys want to have a little bit of action? Something to push the team through the caves. Say, a horde of monsters follows Shovel Knight through the tunnels he's made? It's fine if y'all want to do another meet-and-greet, I just think it'd be a good way to skip any skepticism Snake might have about Shovel Knight while moving forward.

101, right now we're waiting for a post from Roxas to cycle back to me, but after that, instead of having another stationary introduction cycle, do you guys want to have a little bit of action? Something to push the team through the caves. Say, a horde of monsters follows Shovel Knight through the tunnels he's made? It's fine if y'all want to do another meet-and-greet, I just think it'd be a good way to skip any skepticism Snake might have about Shovel Knight while moving forward.
I posted for Roxas yesterday so should be alright? Unless having him be the initial reaction to Shovel Knight is needed

It'd be worse if it was changed to Sorax! That's an unfortunate name!
I think either way he's gaining new trauma. He already has an identity crisis as is

I posted for Roxas yesterday so should be alright? Unless having him be the initial reaction to Shovel Knight is needed
im glad we both said something, because i wouldn't have noticed for awhile

So Snake post is up next. Still, how do we all feel about that plan? Do you guys want to take it slower?

im glad we both said something, because i wouldn't have noticed for awhile

So Snake post is up next. Still, how do we all feel about that plan? Do you guys want to take it slower?
I'm all game! Some action could be fun for sure

Works for me! Do you want to keep it to standard Minecraftian mobs, or mix things up?

If y'all are underground, you might also run into common underground Mario enemies too, or Ground or Rock-type Pokemon!

Aaaand posted for Bowser~

A little bit meh compared to some of my other posts, though Im feeling very meh due to the rainy weather where I am~

I’m down for any kind of enemies for the group to encounter. If we ever need more Heartless are always a possibility too but we don’t need to drag them in if we got other stuff

Of course! shovel knight wouldn’t mind doing that! Also are there any power up’s in the roleplay like the final smash in the smash bro games?

If so I have to figure out what could his final smash be XD

I want y'all to embrace the world of Nintendo in it's entirety! I've been trying to bring in as many different creatures and people as I can for enemies and NPCs; feel free to do the same. :D

I haven't put too much thought into Final Smashes. If I'm following the lore from their respective games, Pit and Toon Link wouldn't be able to use their FS at all. Pit lost the Three Sacred Treasures, and in the RP itself he's lost one of his unicorns. Toon Link loses the Triforce of Courage at the end of Wind Waker. In the old RPs, it was common for folks to use dice rolls to determine whether a FS hit their target or not, but that was during the Brawl days when the FS were much simpler.

I've stated in the rules that canon doesn't have to be strictly followed as SSB doesn't really follow the canons of the various games it references. I usually have Toon Link keep his Triforce piece as LoZ RPers tend to have their characters sense the closeness of another Triforce bearer through their piece. For example, after some adventuring, Toon Link and Princess Zelda are a few meters away from each other, and the Triforce marking on their hand starts glowing, or tingling, or something.

I have thought about the SSB being unable to use their FS due to what has happened to the Hands, but some Smash Fighters have FS that's easy for them to access simply because they carry the item needed to use it (ex. Luigi's vacuum) or it's an ability they can use naturally, and so on. It may be easier to just say that Final Smashes only happen during SSB tournaments. I'm open to suggestions on this topic.

For power ups, it's fine to find item boxes and such. A character could find a floating ! block that's common in the Mario games, for example. As I said, embrace the Nintendo universe! Just be responsible with it.

Honestly I feel like that's a fair take on FS. I feel like it comes down to just how abilities of certain characters are shown. Like for example, I probably wouldn't have Pyra/Mythra use their final smash despite it being a natural ability they have in XC2 and that's simply because Rex is missing. Plus with certain ways of representing characters abilities will differ from their Smash Bros appearance anyways so it just comes down to a players judgment

I don't even remember Snake's FS, I think it has something to do with a helicopter? In Brawl at least.

I gave Snake his infinite ammo bandana, though. Mostly so I could excuse the ludicrous amount of shooting and grenade throwing I imagine he'll be doing. And guys like Bowser have their entire army at their disposal.

I imagine something for shovel knight would be something comical

I don't even remember Snake's FS, I think it has something to do with a helicopter? In Brawl at least.

I gave Snake his infinite ammo bandana, though. Mostly so I could excuse the ludicrous amount of shooting and grenade throwing I imagine he'll be doing. And guys like Bowser have their entire army at their disposal.
Joker 🤝 Snake
Having Unlimited ammo

Like father like son fr fr

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back