• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Shirou Emiya's Smithing Shop - OOC

Well, they're still Servants, aren't they? And my point was that more than seven Servants = a fucked up grail war, anyway. Not that there should be nine masters. Ruler only shows up when things get weird.

Yeah but that's a separate thing from there being 8 masters for 7 servants. The Grail is still running a proper war even if the Beast is being a dick. So for us lowly plebians the Grail still only gives us 7 servants and 7 masters.

It just really doesn't seem like that big a stretch of the rules to me. And the idea of two people competing over a Servant's contract seems like a more interesting story than just rehashing Kayneth or Reika's stories.

Also, gotta say, having the positions of 'Nasuverse magic doesn't matter, just do whatever', and 'every single detail about the rules of the grail war has to be the same' seems a little contradictory to me.

But whatever. If Birdsie Birdsie agrees with you, I'll edit the post.

It just really doesn't seem like that big a stretch of the rules to me. And the idea of two people competing over a Servant's contract seems like a more interesting story than just rehashing Kayneth or Reika's stories.

Also, gotta say, having the positions of 'Nasuverse magic doesn't matter, just do whatever', and 'every single detail about the rules of the grail war has to be the same' seems a little contradictory to me.

But whatever. If Birdsie Birdsie agrees with you, I'll edit the post.

Reasons matter. By doing it your way you effectively give yourself 6 command seals while everyone else has 3. There's a difference between "don't get hung up on details that will never be relevant to RP" and "follow the rules so as not to overpower yourself".

Those 3 extra command seals don't just magically disappear regardless of who rider sides with. So Rider's master will have 6 command seals. That's a HUGE advantage. HUGE.

Reasons matter. By doing it your way you effectively give yourself 6 command seals while everyone else has 3. There's a difference between "don't get hung up on details that will never be relevant to RP" and "follow the rules so as not to overpower yourself".

Those 3 extra command seals don't just magically disappear regardless of who rider sides with. So Rider's master will have 6 command seals. That's a HUGE advantage. HUGE.

Mechanically, sure. But narratively, the fact that the two potential Masters despise each other means the extra command seals are never going to be an issue.

Honestly, I planned for Terrence to die right at the start, I only made the CS for the possibility of getting a pragmatic or evil Servant, and for the first post to be a bait and switch thing. Oddly enough, I wasn't trying to give myself an advantage by having my character thoroughly fuck themselves over in the first post.

Mechanically, sure. But narratively, the fact that the two potential Masters despise each other means the extra command seals are never going to be an issue.

Honestly, I planned for Terrence to die right at the start, I only made the CS for the possibility of getting a pragmatic or evil Servant, and for the first post to be a bait and switch thing. Oddly enough, I wasn't trying to give myself an advantage by having my character thoroughly fuck themselves over in the first post.

The problem with your setup is if they both have command seals then whoever rider sides with gets all six. From a narrative standpoint nothing changes by only having one set of command seals. By having two sets you massively, massively empower team rider since command seals are OP and have five spares is immensely powerful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back