• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Rifts in Space

MorpheusDavol said:
I have a legit question.

Would you be equal or more terrified of a giant humanoid ant eating you, surrounding you in a endless circled loop.

A ant in a car doing a gangster's driveby.

Or the same thing as the first one but instead with around 15 FT tall blues and repeatedly stabbing you in places to cause as much pain as long as you live. What would scare your people? [not asking for any particular reason heheh. >_> <_<.]

Kazami42 said:
I have a legit question.
Would you be equal or more terrified of a giant humanoid ant eating you, surrounding you in a endless circled loop.

Or the same thing as the first one but instead with around 15 FT tall blues and repeatedly stabbing you in places to cause as much pain as long as you live. What would scare your people? [not asking for any particular reason heheh. >_> <_<.]
[unspoken Speech Check Successful, Qwatt and Otaru Alliance Forever]

Kazami42 said:
1: no, I mean people who just snap and uses their rank's ability to do whatever they want.
I'm not sure how I'd gamify this. . . Though.
Kazami42 said:
2:No, It means the enemy they are fighting against will receive no mercy.
3: Blunt, as in emotionless a majority of the time. Like for example, if there is something such as a person being annoying. They will out right just call them annoying.
I'm trying to avoid nations that would outright just attack everyone, these two disadvantages will only make it harder for you to avoid war. If I had to gamify these two things, I'd make it harder for you to declare peace with an NPC nation you are at war with and you'd have the disadvantage when negotiation with NPC nations due to the bluntness. Considering you've posted here that you don't plan on attacking anyone till they start something, maybe you'd consider different disadvantages?
Kazami42 said:
4: is obvious in its own right. If you were to come across a gas powered chainsaw, If you had gas you would be able to use it. However of course since it is a war machine, It'd probably kill you.
The wording was confusing, though this is an interesting disadvantage.
Kazami42 said:
Laws downside:
There are laws such as: "you cannot eat a majority of this" or "you cannot have political freedom". So say a race based on a democratic system, If they were to be inside the empire as a legit citizen. They would either have to give up their ways and ideologies, or be imprisoned.
This is a mechanic already inherent to this roleplay. The further your faction is from another, the harder it will be to control them. So it's not really a disadvantage if everyone faces a similar situation, though relative to their own governments structure.
Kazami42 said:
they don't take prisoners from battlefields, so any information that could be achieved in defeating a enemy easily would be lost.
If this is what you mean in 2, then I'm fine with the second disadvantage.
Kazami42 said:
No.
The only things nuclear powered - dark matter powered in the military is the hunter-frigates, the flagship, the citadel, the mega aircraft carrier, and dark matter ships. Nuclear powered would be the repeater cannons on ships and starships, nuclear weapons, nuclear reactors, and nuclear cars. Everything else is based on other fuels such as oil.

Basically when say, a dark matter powered ship explodes. It destroys the entire ship. There is one room for five people in the bridge, and one room in the armoury for 4 people which are built in said ships to survive the detonation if they were not lost/destroyed.
Ah, ya, survivors won't ever be an issue in this roleplay. We'll just be assuming everyone inside the Unit either died or became so injured that they where relieved of duty after the fighting.
Kazami42 said:
Incorrect. I only have otaru inhabited fully.
The first planet is a volcano world, which is so close to its star that it isn't habitable anyway.

the dwarf planet next to hercules has no resourceful benefits whatsoever, and if hybrids could make it habitable for the normal otaru population, It'd be considered a waste of resources as when i look at it, I see pluto. which has craters, overall looks nice. however has no trees, grass, water, or any other essential survival things.

kursk I can agree with despite it also being useless. I simply just modeled this solar system after earths due to it having a nice looking orbit, I can remove it if you want me to.

Zeta wouldn't be habitable and even in the lore there is no technology currently to even build bases that can survive its deepest of depths from the cold, dark, and depth pressure.

Norsaki i can remove, but only blues would be capable of living there normally. as the other races such as hybrids are not immune to its severe cold whatsoever and would die from being froze to death within 3 minutes.

sadarha i can remove as well if you want.

keslikov i can remove as well if you want.
Alright, I can't blame you for this because after I looked over the Overview tab it seems I forgot to post the terriforming chart. Overall, here is a list of some worlds that can be successful terraformed (unless a disadvantage of your nation states otherwise): Arctic World, Water World, Volcanic World, & Arid World. Currently, their are only 32 habitable planet types (I'm working on a better system). No matter how close the planet is to a sun, it can still be terraformed. Planets, moons, it is all fair game.
Kazami42 said:
And finally the moons except at castiel and the supermoon were never meant to be habitable whatsoever.
The only moons that'd be habitable would be the super moon, the volcanic satellite if you were to spend enough time finding a location not flooded with lava/molten lava, and castiels forest moon. Which the forest moon would house beasts and basically be like that jungle world from kotor II where everything including the vines kill you, The super moon has nothing to it besides aiding in place of otaru. so basically the only thing that'd kill you is the lack of gravity and oxygen. and the volcanic satellite is a death-planet of its own and besides like 30 people, be uninhabitable.

With the only habitable planets i intentionally made to have anyone be capable of doing so with them being otaru, and castiel. With various distances between the two planets. What would you like me to remove and i will do it.
Perhaps instead of changing the solar system, we keep it as is. That being said, other than the two planets mentioned above (otaru and castiel), all other planets exist only for story narrative. So at no point can they be colonized, though you'd still be able to make reference to them.
Also, is your planet (otaru) still rotating around the gas giant or is the gas giant simply in the system?

Kazami42 said:
I have a legit question.

None.

1. If that ant is eating me I'm activating my Thermobaric grenade and killing us both. PaINFULLY.

2. U in my hood boyo. We gonna hunt u doin.

3. Same #1

:P

Sohisohi said:
I'm not sure how I'd gamify this. . . Though.
I'm trying to avoid nations that would outright just attack everyone, these two disadvantages will only make it harder for you to avoid war. If I had to gamify these two things, I'd make it harder for you to declare peace with an NPC nation you are at war with and you'd have the disadvantage when negotiation with NPC nations due to the bluntness. Considering you've posted here that you don't plan on attacking anyone till they start something, maybe you'd consider different disadvantages?

The wording was confusing, though this is an interesting disadvantage.

This is a mechanic already inherent to this roleplay. The further your faction is from another, the harder it will be to control them. So it's not really a disadvantage if everyone faces a similar situation, though relative to their own governments structure.

If this is what you mean in 2, then I'm fine with the second disadvantage.

Ah, ya, survivors won't ever be an issue in this roleplay. We'll just be assuming everyone inside the Unit either died or became so injured that they where relieved of duty after the fighting.

Alright, I can't blame you for this because after I looked over the Overview tab it seems I forgot to post the terriforming chart. Overall, here is a list of some worlds that can be successful terraformed (unless a disadvantage of your nation states otherwise): Arctic World, Water World, Volcanic World, & Arid World. Currently, their are only 32 habitable planet types (I'm working on a better system). No matter how close the planet is to a sun, it can still be terraformed. Planets, moons, it is all fair game.

Perhaps instead of changing the solar system, we keep it as is. That being said, other than the two planets mentioned above (otaru and castiel), all other planets exist only for story narrative. So at no point can they be colonized, though you'd still be able to make reference to them.

Also, is your planet (otaru) still rotating around the gas giant or is the gas giant simply in the system?
well otaru was meant to circle around the star like a regular planet, but i did think about making a story about while the moons and rings formed it got blasted away from said gas giant and thus was classified as its own planet.

Nope, i'll keep the disadvantages. Not all of them are blunt but they are blunt usually. That and if they do go to war over something with a NPC or player, they intend on winning usually. with the forced indoctrination thing and all.

That was the point. Because realistically not every single ship in a lost battle that couldn't retreat, would be capable of self destructing.

k.

pretty much, I only added it as a separate thing so people knew wtf i was on about lol.

Then that means i have less people and such to RP as then kek good i guess lol.

For realistic purposes, I will continue to avoid planets infront of stars until i am more advanced.

k.

MorpheusDavol said:
None.
1. If that ant is eating me I'm activating my Thermobaric grenade and killing us both. PaINFULLY.

2. U in my hood boyo. We gonna hunt u doin.

3. Same #1

:P
Isn't thermobaric using oxygen to make a explosive blast?

Because besides shrapnel, the fire from the blast doesn't affect blues. I mean they literally survived nuclear turmoil and lost their appearance and such due to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kazami42 said:
Isn't thermobaric using oxygen to make a explosive blast?
Because besides shrapnel, the fire from the blast doesn't affect blues. I mean they literally survived nuclear turmoil and lost their appearance and such due to it.
Da fuck is a blue.

MorpheusDavol said:
Da fuck is a blue.
Use to be a human looking being of around 6FT tall, nuclear war broke out and affected their race. Fucked up their appearance and genetics so they are now 15 FT +, basically looks like slender man but with large eyes. Looks like this on a propaganda poster:

luna-poster-alien.jpg

Like i recommended before, You should of read it.

MorpheusDavol said:
Da fuck is a blue.
Hazeron said:
The fuck is a blue?

Kazami42 said:
Use to be a human looking being of around 6FT tall, nuclear war broke out and affected their race. Fucked up their appearance and genetics so they are now 15 FT +, basically looks like slender man but with large eyes. Looks like this on a propaganda poster:
luna-poster-alien.jpg

Like i recommended before, You should of read it.
Read what?

I said earlier I WILL not be reading people factions unless I am told to by the creator or I feel the need to.

I have not thus far. Let me inspect yours.

MorpheusDavol said:
I said earlier I WILL not be reading people factions unless I am told to by the creator or I feel the need to.
I have not thus far. Let me inspect yours.
As i have said before, You probably should. It is like a entire database however. which is why i only recommended it.

I basically recommended it because i didn't wanna RP a battle on say, a planet. and then someone tried killing a blue with fire. It also explains most things like dark matter, but only if you read the citadel [structure] information. Which explains the citadel and most things about dark matter there.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kazami42" data-cite="Kazami42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="219975" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As i have said before, You probably should. It is like a entire database however. which is why i only recommended it.<p>

I basically recommended it because i didn't wanna RP a battle on say, a planet. and then someone tried killing a blue with fire. It also explains most things like dark matter, but only if you read the citadel [structure] information. Which explains the citadel and most things about dark matter there.</p>

</div></blockquote>

<p>

If I didn't know it doesn't die from fire, I would use fire. To not to do so with be metagaming. If someone reads my faction and just met them and act like they knew everything about them- I'd call metagame.</p>

MorpheusDavol said:
If I didn't know it doesn't die from fire, I would use fire. To not to do so with be metagaming. If someone reads my faction and just met them and act like they knew everything about them- I'd call metagame.
I mean you could try, I didn't exactly say to metagame or something.

It is just i'd rather have someone know at least part of something meta-esk, and be open about it and then trust them to proceed as they normally would. That and i also tricked you into reading it. However the fire thing is true and such. lol. Now i trust you won't metagame yes?

Ok. So like. If I nuke your people I don't care how durable you are, you should be dead. I can understand resistaNCE to fire being able to withstand above average temperatures but Nuclear heat or Napalm level heat should result in fatal wounds if not death.

MorpheusDavol said:
Ok. So like. If I nuke your people I don't care how durable you are, you should be dead. I can understand resistaNCE to fire being able to withstand above average temperatures but Nuclear heat or Napalm level heat should result in fatal wounds if not death.
Well of course a nuke would fucking kill them, There isn't just blues on the planet. despite the majority of blues living underground. Of course the hybrids and otaru themselves would be capable of dying. If they didn't that'd be OP as fuck lol.

Goood cause I was like... You really think I wasn't gonna call some BS like that out?

One thing ya need to know bout me, I love fantasy but fantasy that makes sense. I don't like bullshit fantasy. :P

MorpheusDavol said:
Goood cause I was like... You really think I wasn't gonna call some BS like that out?
One thing ya need to know bout me, I love fantasy but fantasy that makes sense. I don't like bullshit fantasy. :P
It wasn't made on fantasy.

The majority of my actual lore [because i was writing a series with a friend about it but never uploaded the comics or shit like that.] Is realism based.

The lore here is also realism based, but also for more fantasy based to seem "fair".

Because no matter how under powered i am or get, People usually call me OP for simply being a alien.

I mean I qauilify anything that isn't here as fantasy tbh. Realistic fantasy is what I think this is.

Kazami42 said:
well otaru was meant to circle around the star like a regular planet, but i did think about making a story about while the moons and rings formed it got blasted away from said gas giant and thus was classified as its own planet.
Nope, i'll keep the disadvantages. Not all of them are blunt but they are blunt usually. That and if they do go to war over something with a NPC or player, they intend on winning usually. with the forced indoctrination thing and all.

That was the point. Because realistically not every single ship in a lost battle that couldn't retreat, would be capable of self destructing.

k.

pretty much, I only added it as a separate thing so people knew wtf i was on about lol.

Then that means i have less people and such to RP as then kek good i guess lol.

For realistic purposes, I will continue to avoid planets infront of stars until i am more advanced.

k.
I'm kicking you out.
im-just-kidding-but-seriously.jpg

I'll have a list of agent types, you'll be starting with two agents.

Btw, blues are the ones that can turn into anything right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back