• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Primum Movens: Open!

[QUOTE="Unwavering Knight]Helbrecht was creepy before it was cool :(

[/QUOTE]
Okay, but...he's a good kind of creepy that holds himself up to a higher moral code. I think. Helbrecht is just too much of a bro

We'll just have to see...how things unfold......(>u>)

[QUOTE="Pretzel Heart]Okay, but...he's a good kind of creepy that holds himself up to a higher moral code. I think. Helbrecht is just too much of a bro

We'll just have to see...how things unfold......(>u>)

[/QUOTE]
Hipster+knight_388e2d_5166305.jpg

Hello everybody!

Quick announcement to say that the 'Neutral Characters' tab has been updated with some stuff, so check it out when you get a chance.

We have also added the 'World Building' Discord chat to the OP of the 'Lore' tab. If you want to hit us up about any ideas you can live chat with us on there! (well, when we are awake). I would like to stir up some talk more about the different countries' histories, politics, and religions, personally.

Since @wizard nibblers and I frequently chat about this RP amongst ourselves, we will do our best to try and stage our non-spoilery conversations in that arena as well for people to skim at their leisure. Joining is not necessary as we will not make any changes that will effect people's characters without their consent and all results will be updated in one of these threads as usual. :)

Finally, the 'Application Database' under the OP on the 'Character Sign-up' tab has been replaced with a brand spanking new 'Character Information' chart! Please check it out and let us know if there is a problem with the way your character has been represented so that we can make the needed changes. But this way it's easy to compare the basic deets on the different peeps.

That's all for now! Again we are really happy to have you all in our RP! And if I seem pushy on posts from here on out...it's only because I'm impatient and thirsty, haha...ha......;;;

But, as a reminder, the rule is you have 1 week without us hearing anything from you (OOC or IC) before we will send you a warning and then 'archive' your character.

Really hope it won't come to that with anyone here, since you guys are all great! :D

Happy RPing!

Man so much work went into that characters bio but I think it still needs wor. Nut anyway that my OC is done I'm happy.

[QUOTE="Yandere Aqua]Man so much work went into that characters bio but I think it still needs wor. Nut anyway that my OC is done I'm happy.

[/QUOTE]
Huzzah! But is it done? Because in some parts it says that you are still working on it, and we will wait to give final notes. :)

Also, not to sound critical, I am just super OCD, so do you think you could comb over it for typos one last time? (I am King of Typos so I don't really blame you but there are a few of them in there x'D).

[QUOTE="Pretzel Heart]Huzzah! But is it done? Because in some parts it says that you are still working on it, and we will wait to give final notes. :)
Also, not to sound critical, I am just super OCD, so do you think you could comb over it for typos one last time? (I am King of Typos so I don't really blame you but there are a few of them in there x'D).

[/QUOTE]
Yeah the still working on it for the bio is for anything that I messed up hear and you guys needed to correct me just in case I messed up and I'll fix typos.

SO CLOSE TO ACTIVATING MY TRASH TRAP CARD

I am very thirsty for worldbuilding, so please join the chat! *^*

Or do it here even, haha, I'm just sad that it's only Pretzel and I

ParadoxalPaladin said:
@Pretzel Heart Looking at the chart I just realized my character compared to the other humans is an old geezer at 24.
Hmm, well you can always change it, if you'd like. But there's Rien at 25 and two human characters (23 and 25) who are both very important but haven't come up yet also vying for the Princess's hand.

[QUOTE="Yandere Aqua]Yeah the still working on it for the bio is for anything that I messed up hear and you guys needed to correct me just in case I messed up and I'll fix typos.

[/QUOTE]
Okay, we'll have to talk about things a bit and get back to you. But I have a small present for you once you make the changes / adhere to the rules we come up with, heheheh. (^.^)

[QUOTE="wizard nibblers]
SO CLOSE TO ACTIVATING MY TRASH TRAP CARD
I am very thirsty for worldbuilding, so please join the chat! *^*

Or do it here even, haha, I'm just sad that it's only Pretzel and I

[/QUOTE]
THIS MAKES ME SAD, TOO

Where is the world-building spirit, you don't really want us to use Power of God on yah'll when we given you even the tiniest of creative freedoms, right? ehehe.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Pretzel Heart]Hmm, well you can always change it, if you'd like. But there's Rien at 25 and two human characters (23 and 25) who are both very important but haven't come up yet also vying for the Princess's hand.
Okay, we'll have to talk about things a bit and get back to you. But I have a small present for you once you make the changes / adhere to the rules we come up with, heheheh. (^.^)

THIS MAKES ME SAD, TOO

Where is the world-building spirit, you don't really want us to use Power of God on yah'll when we given you even the tiniest of creative freedoms, right? ehehe.

[/QUOTE]
Um that laugh is very scary and no worries I join the world building group to. (See how I made a typo on purpose. xD )

[QUOTE="Pretzel Heart]

THIS MAKES ME SAD, TOO

[/QUOTE]
ALL THESE POTENTIAL PLOTLINES ALL THIS CHARACTER DISCUSSION ON A LONELY ISLAND IN AN ENDLESS SEA

@Yandere Aqua

Okay here are some notes we had to think about, develop, and make changes to (I'm mixing in both wiznibs's and my own reactions):

• If his society relies on tech / information / intelligence why was he bullied for his photographic memory? Though I could see his peers being put off of him for advancing so quickly so young
  • How is your character's technology being charged (such as the Omni-Tool and music player)? Remember Roserasia has no electricity as magic is used to power their machines.
  • In that vein, I think you should be restricted to only one of your weapons because both of them make your character completely OP in any combat situation. Also, understand that he would not be allowed to walk around carrying something so dangerous looking in polite society, so he's either going to have to conceal it or leave it at home
  • Actually, both of us are a bit uneasy about your character being too OP in general. Especially if he has photographic memory, super intelligence, engineering prowess, physical combat excellence, dancing knowledge...Is there a reason that all these areas of genius are needed? Perhaps narrow it down to only the most relevant to your character (we do like the breakdancing though, hehe).
  • Also, if he is able to learn dances by watching them, does this mean he has no actual practice in them (the Roserasian dances), or does he just know the theory / steps?
  • Since he has so many strengths, we also think it would nice if he had some sort of flaw to offset them, and perhaps prevent him from using the many powers at his disposal to become too OP. Maybe he is extremely socially awkward due to all his years being shut in and trust issues with humans and arie?
  • You have your character was kidnapped on his 18th birthday but it doesn't fit with his current age.
  • Something to think about...(for you and us both) why did the Rebellion choose to kick him out instead of sending him back? The way portals usually work in this world is like a 2-way street that can be easily traversed back and forth across. So were they using a different technique? More primitive, perhaps? Possible.
  • How is your character able to get a continuous supply of fresh clothes in the style of his home world? (Perhaps he has a tailor who can replicate them?)
  • Also realize that, like electricity, your character will not have access to certain materials that are used on his home world. So his machines / inventions / whatnot will be greatly restricted as thus. So far I think the most prominent weapon-making tool they have is Gallerian Steel which is found only on the cliffs of Galleria and is therefore quite pricey and rare.
  • Random note, but if you know anything about the anime Gargantia on the Verduous Sea...they have a somewhat similar instance of a high tech character landing in a low(er) tech world and realistically portray his struggles and success as such. Might wanna take a look into that for inspiration on how to handle your powers.
  • And finally if you ever make a post and we ask you to change it because it is world breaking / OP, please don't be offended we are just trying to make this the best possible RP for everyone involved and thanks in advanced for your cooperation.

Sorry for all the notes; we just wanna make this awesome for you, us, and everyone else in the RP. ;)

Also here's your small compensation if you go ahead and make these considerations, heheh:

vgtn6d.jpg

Pretzel Heart] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/16106-yandere-aqua/ said:
@Yandere Aqua[/URL]
Okay here are some notes we had to think about, develop, and make changes to (I'm mixing in both wiznibs's and my own reactions):

• If his society relies on tech / information / intelligence why was he bullied for his photographic memory? Though I could see his peers being put off of him for advancing so quickly so young
  • How is your character's technology being charged (such as the Omni-Tool and music player)? Remember Roserasia has no electricity as magic is used to power their machines.
  • In that vein, I think you should be restricted to only one of your weapons because both of them make your character completely OP in any combat situation. Also, understand that he would not be allowed to walk around carrying something so dangerous looking in polite society, so he's either going to have to conceal it or leave it at home
  • Actually, both of us are a bit uneasy about your character being too OP in general. Especially if he has photographic memory, super intelligence, engineering prowess, physical combat excellence, dancing knowledge...Is there a reason that all these areas of genius are needed? Perhaps narrow it down to only the most relevant to your character (we do like the breakdancing though, hehe).
  • Also, if he is able to learn dances by watching them, does this mean he has no actual practice in them (the Roserasian dances), or does he just know the theory / steps?
  • Since he has so many strengths, we also think it would nice if he had some sort of flaw to offset them, and perhaps prevent him from using the many powers at his disposal to become too OP. Maybe he is extremely socially awkward due to all his years being shut in and trust issues with humans and arie?
  • You have your character was kidnapped on his 18th birthday but it doesn't fit with his current age.
  • Something to think about...(for you and us both) why did the Rebellion choose to kick him out instead of sending him back? The way portals usually work in this world is like a 2-way street that can be easily traversed back and forth across. So were they using a different technique? More primitive, perhaps? Possible.
  • How is your character able to get a continuous supply of fresh clothes in the style of his home world? (Perhaps he has a tailor who can replicate them?)
  • Also realize that, like electricity, your character will not have access to certain materials that are used on his home world. So his machines / inventions / whatnot will be greatly restricted as thus. So far I think the most prominent weapon-making tool they have is Gallerian Steel which is found only on the cliffs of Galleria and is therefore quite pricey and rare.
  • Random note, but if you know anything about the anime Gargantia on the Verduous Sea...they have a somewhat similar instance of a high tech character landing in a low(er) tech world and realistically portray his struggles and success as such. Might wanna take a look into that for inspiration on how to handle your powers.
  • And finally if you ever make a post and we ask you to change it because it is world breaking / OP, please don't be offended we are just trying to make this the best possible RP for everyone involved and thanks in advanced for your cooperation.

Sorry for all the notes; we just wanna make this awesome for you, us, and everyone else in the RP. ;)

Also here's your small compensation if you go ahead and make these considerations, heheh:

vgtn6d.jpg
Now that will all be answered hold up a minute and I will change something and I definitely now the sniper is overkill (Even in mass effect it is for most enemies it obliterates them.) but hold up.

Here Are some answers to answer those question:

Answer: Well you know how kids are in highschool they always let there emotions and hormones get the better of them. And Alexander was the youngest and weakest so they started to pick on him because he was younger but smarter.

Answer: Well the Omni-Tool dosent need to be charged sense it is directly connected to the user but if it ever powers down all it need is a day in the sun to power back up.

Answer: Well I'm thinking about taking Away the M-98 Widow but give him a little more ammo for his Scorpion heavy pistol.

Answer: Well he dosent have the dancing expertise, or the super Intelligence. The super intelligence is just the show of his Photographic Memory is just him pulling up past knowledge he has learned or read.

Answer: Well he has no actual professional dancing practice, but he knows the theory and steps in his head to guide him.

Answer: Well he would be Socially Awkward but at the same time he would have gotten over that most of the way....but he could be to curious than what is better for him. And I'll give him ADD since that really is a bad thing in a fight(Trust me I know. -_- )

Answer: Sorry typo didn't state that he was in the village long enough(Messed up -_- )

Answer: They could have used a more primitive one that the enemy couldn't sense but that spell could only bring people with what they had on them but could not send them back.

Answer: Well in the first village he went to there was a tailor that he went to with designs and had her make them in exchange for him doing things.

Answer: Well he coul compromise with elements and modify them, that would be cheaper but the effectiveness and how it looks will greatly differ

Answer: I have seen that anime though I wouldn't recommend putting a Titan from TitanFall (Especially the Ogre Variant) since they are all technically op sense the only way to destroy them is things like high explosives and Anti-Tank bullets, and the only weakness is on the top of it where a main frame is and you need to do high damage to it. The only one that would probably be able to be here is the strider sense it has the least armor and can be damaged by magic but it is incredibly fast. But no worry I'll limit myself.

Answer: Okey Dokey.

@Pretzel Heart @wizard nibblers

@Pretzel Heart No, not in a bad way, just making an observation, I'm totally fine with it. Also, the internet needs a joking/not serious/sarcasm font ASAP, for posts like my past one; it would make talking through text much easier.

I had no idea that Naomie was the tallest girl, whoops. That's kay- she gets to be 2 inches taller than the princess. :)

Perfect to sweep her off her feet.

ParadoxalPaladin said:
@Pretzel Heart No, not in a bad way, just making an observation, I'm totally fine with it. Also, the internet needs a joking/not serious/sarcasm font ASAP, for posts like my past one; it would make talking through text much easier.
The Internet does have such a font.

Comic sans

[QUOTE="Unwavering Knight]I just use smileys/emoticons. Add them to your writing, and you immediately lose all believability :D

[/QUOTE]
Hey, stupid emoticons are the best.

I'm madly addicted to them. Perhaps for just that reason. (>u>)

[QUOTE="Yandere Aqua]...

[/QUOTE]
I have a couple more quick questions, It's a weird but also super cool role and I just wanna make sure it's all cohesive and stuff ^^

If he's young/weak is he good with long-range weapons to make up for that? Since he probably won't be able to reload his gun (I don't think Roserasia has guns at all, I think they've never gotten far enough into warfare to develop technology like that, but they might have bows or catapults -w-) he'll probably want to use his ammunition sparingly, and maybe have to learn to get used to using Roserasian weapons?

And this isn't a super necessary question and you could leave it vague if you wanted to, but maybe think about what he did in Roserasia for the last year or so after he was kicked out? It might help establish more about what he knows about the world so far and how he ended up at the ball, like maybe whatever favors he did for the tailor led him to get involved in blah blah blah

But yeah as long as he's not solving any problem presented to him and killing a whole bunch of people he should be fine~

[QUOTE="wizard nibblers]I have a couple more quick questions, It's a weird but also super cool role and I just wanna make sure it's all cohesive and stuff ^^
If he's young/weak is he good with long-range weapons to make up for that? Since he probably won't be able to reload his gun (I don't think Roserasia has guns at all, I think they've never gotten far enough into warfare to develop technology like that, but they might have bows or catapults -w-) he'll probably want to use his ammunition sparingly, and maybe have to learn to get used to using Roserasian weapons?

And this isn't a super necessary question and you could leave it vague if you wanted to, but maybe think about what he did in Roserasia for the last year or so after he was kicked out? It might help establish more about what he knows about the world so far and how he ended up at the ball, like maybe whatever favors he did for the tailor led him to get involved in blah blah blah

But yeah as long as he's not solving any problem presented to him and killing a whole bunch of people he should be fine~

[/QUOTE]
No worry he won't have the guts to turn into hitter. (He'll probably use hitter in a saying. '-A-)

[QUOTE="wizard nibblers]I have a couple more quick questions, It's a weird but also super cool role and I just wanna make sure it's all cohesive and stuff ^^

[/QUOTE]
Okay first question, which is in physical strength wise he is pretty damn weak and he relies on speed and reflexes. And he will conserve since it will take to long to make bullets. Plus he will use his Omni-Tool....sometimes.

The second question, let me get the story here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back