• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokémon: Rise of Shadows

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Shelby slowed down to a stop and briefly turned around (Though it's not as if she made it very far, she is a Shuckle... It would likely take a few minutes to actually get away). "You're not mad that your friend almost got hurt because of me?" She asks quietly. She didn't get it. Usually, she would get jumped for something like that, why was this group not chasing her?

Last edited by a moderator:
"Well yeah, but it's still inexcusable. She could have died." Shelby says quietly. "I know... you're trying to trick me aren't you? You're trying to get me to lower my guard so you can strike me while I'm unprepared, right? I won't fall for it." She says retreating into her shell. @Latios

Nathan looked between the two. "Umm..." knowing the few words she did, and the tone, she tried to guess at what they were talking about. "It was just an accident. No reason to panic. I'm not gonna hurt you. Not all humans are savages, you know."

@Netherdragon @Latios

"Why do you think I was up here by myself. I find enough food to live but live isolated. I've been hurt enough in my life." She says. "What reason do I have to believe you, a person I don't know, when the same thing has happened to me before?" Shelby was becoming a bit more vocal, but she was also beginning to cry. She was clearly frightened and scared on the actions the visitors might take. "Why do you even have to come here anyway?"

@Assailant @Latios

"Then why are you here?" Shelby asks tucking her head back into her shell. "Are there going to be more people? Should I move and live somewhere else?"

"Articuno? Why do you need to talk with the one Pokemon who actually has protected me?" Shelby asks. "you're not going to hurt him are you?" Shelby inquires, concerned for the Bird of Ice. @Assailant @Latios

Nathan's mouth opened and closed for a bit before she sighed. "I don't think I understand that sentence." She turned to the rest of the group. "Can someone help me out here?" 

@Latios @Daisie

"Don't make him leave! Then more people might come. For all I know the heavy snow is the only thing preventing people from coming." Shelby Pleads

"I have no reason to trust you, you still haven't explained anything about why you're putting me in danger by coming to my home and taking the one thing that protects it. I just want to be safe..." Shelby cries while backing away from Arcanus. "All I know is you're here to take Articuno from the mountain.@Daisie @Assailant @Latios

"The world is in danger." Arcanus replied sitting down on the cold ice, resisting the urge to shiver. "There is.. A great darkness spreading. If we do not gain the help from Articuno...... Many more Pokemon just like you will lose their homes.", he replied gently, with a slow blink.

@Assailant @Netherdragon @Latios

"So you're just telling me to give you the safety I've coveted for so long yet have never received until recently, all for some darkness that for all I know doesn't exist." Shelby said poking her head out. "You have to understand how crazy that sounds. I want the truth, quit spewing lies and just admit you want to kill me, that you despise me, that you're those same pokemon from a year ago who have tormented me continually." She says crying more. @Daisie @Assailant @Latios

((Good effort, but it's gonna take a bit more than that. Shelby is traumatized. She may decide to let Her take control before she lets you risk her own safety by taking Articuno. Shelby has not seen the Shadow and as such has no reason to believe it.))

Arcanus tilted his head slightly. "I do not wish to kill you. Nor do I wish to hurt you. I do not despise you. And we are not Pokemon that torment others.", he simply replied.

"Understand that I've been tormented my whole life and have no reason to believe you. If you insist that you need Articuno's help to save the world, then I ask you save me as part of that world. If you're taking my protector, please replace it." Shelby pleads, still cautious. "My life is full of betrayal and hurt. I don't want to give up the protection I've desired for so long without something to replace it." She says quietly. "If you agree to that, I may give other people one more chance to be nice depending on how you act towards me."

@Latios @Daisie @Assailant

"Perhaps we can protect you." Arcanus replied, looking over at the rest of the group. "I understand, you have no reason to trust any of us..... But what could we do to make it up to you? I am willing to earn your trust. If I simply knew how. If we can learn to trust one another... We will do our very best to protect you. Like we protect each other."

"I don't really have a choice but to accept. There's no way I could handle all five of you, even if I... nevermind... It will take a long time to earn my trust. You have to overcome years of my suffering." Shelby said. "I suppose I have to follow you around until I find someone else to protect me or until you prove to me I can trust you."

@Daisie @Assailant @Latios

((This or my next post will be my last post for a couple hours))

Arcanus nodded slightly, and turned around to the rest of the group. "They wish to follow us for a while, until we earn her trust, or she finds another protector. She is quite shy, and very nervous."

@Assailant @Latios

Users who are viewing this thread

Back