[OOC] To the Roots... [The Hidden Truths]

As far as gaining artifacts and manses after Exaltation goes, they'll replace the Background dots you guys lose, for instance Tuuluuwaq's Influence and Followers.

That means that the Backgrounds you gain after you Exalt will be relatively safe from my tampering unless it furthers the story in some way, but i'm not gonna do that much. As for gaining new stuff, unless you invest XP in it it can be gone in an instant durng the game, because that means you haven't been cultivating that.

The cost of Backgrounds (and these will have to be approved by me beforehand) will be like this:

1 dot - 3 XP

2 dots - 6 xp

3 dots - 9 xp

4 dots - 12 xp

5 dots - 15 xp

If the Background is of a fixed rating you pay the price for that rating + half the price of the previous ratings. So a 3 dot artifact will cost 9 + (6+3)/2 = 14 xp.

If the Backgound is not of a fixed rating (can be improved like Allies and Resources) you have to buy it dot by dot. These things rarely appear immediatelly as a high rating, but if they do you pay the full cost, So a Backing of 4 will cost you 12 + 9 + 6 + 3 = 30 xp.

Edit: reduced the cost a bit. am willing to hear your opinions on this.

Looks good to me. A bit on the expensive side for Resources (considering how easily a Bureaucracy-focused Solar should be able to acquire it) and similar backgrounds, but it works. Hmm.. I think a thread for all these Rules additions and/or changes might be good to organize all of this.

Nice addition. You may want to sticky the thread or set it as an announcement so that it's easy for us blind players to find. The Background thread and any others you think are important enough might also be fitting for the treatment as well. Just a suggestion, of course. :P

Yep, sounds nice...

What about edges and flaws ? they're are some nice stuff that are exalt only... like past lives and stuff like that.

Well will we be able to buy edges and flaws after we exalt ?

and if yes

At what cost ?

Like: I'll be a priest of the Unconquered Sun as a Zenith once I exalt.

But the merit priest gives me more advantages if I take it to the max... but how could I be a high priest of the sun before I exalt ?

Also think about buying them out.

I'm probably not going to stick with the driving passion forever, or I'll maybe change it if this is easier.

we'll see, it might take him a bit to complete his driving passion, unless he plans to storm the city shortly after he Exalts, but you might want to check the "break the bonds" thread before you do that... :twisted:

fhgwdads05 said:
Temperance 3, eh cyl?
Well when your loved one and most of your friends got killed... when people are coming to mug you into your own house... self control can become an issue... don't worry I won't kill them, I need to know who sent them. It was just a catch phrase.

Probably as soon as he gets out of Whitewall or if he enacts his vengeance to the end.

I assumed that the solar's death was close, so right now he's an emotional mess... he's furious that thing turned out that way, that so many people died that horribly, and he's completelt loosing it (a normal guy would have run away from Whitewall considering the situation... he did not)... but rest assured such display of bravo will pass with time.

I didn't use my signature style bonus for this reason... he's angry as hell, and is reacting violently to the situation. It's just circumstancial.

A normal move for him would have been trying to disarm the first one at the door, then sweep him out of his feet, and neutralizing the second in the house using the furniture.

Ah, well hopefully he doesn't let it consume him too much. I mean, you don't want him to end up like Tuuluuwaq now, do you? :P

PS: Don't forget that other guy already in the house with you (he jumped through the window).

I know I'm going to have to stunt the defense real good if I don't want to die in my own house.

But I have something in mind. I've did some heavy close combat training a few years ago and had a lot of ideas from watching movies... and, obviously fighting indoors is fun :)

Hey SRC, before I make these rolls, I'm wondering... Wouldn't Perception be better suited than Intelligence for spotting something, say, bones? :P

Glups... 2xp per Flaw Point. :shock:

I'd have said 2/1.

Flaws can be interesting in your character development :

oh noes my limb got cut off ! / I lost an eye / I got burned with acid / I don't want to kill anymore people, I will not unleash more violence in this world (pacifist) / I'm starting to drink too much to drown my sorrow (addiction)... but paying 2 xp for them when you get no benefit out of it... that may be a bit extreme.

What do you say of the following:

Chargen background points merits & flaws:

Whenever you loose a background, or a merit during the story, you get an xp amount = to total points lost x 3. (so if you loose your Ressources 4, you get 3x3+2x3 total 15 xp).

Whenever you loose (secrets revealed, addiction fought, limb regrown, face lifting :lol: ) or want to get rid of a flaw, you pay a similar amount = BP gained from flaw x 3.

Ingame merits & flaws points:

Whenever you want to gain merits or flaw during the game, aside from the obvious roleplaying part and ST's approval, you may pay 1xp per point of flaw taken, and 2xp per point of merit taken.

Unlike chargen points, whenever you loose one, it gives back the exact same amount of xp it gave you.

(I had a 1 point secret I got ingame from doing I shouldn't have but nobody knows I did paying 1xp, once I'm discoverd, life sucks but I get my 1xp back.)

Well cyl, any chargen backgrounds that you lose during this whole pre-Exaltation chapter could be put towards Artifact/Manse dots for after you've taken your Second Breath. There's no real reason for XP there.

That aside, I don't think having to pay XP for flaws seems very right. In fact, I'm not entirely sure, but IIRC you're supposed to receive XP if you gain a flaw in-game, especially with the more nasty ones.

possible, i'll think about it more when i get back home later today. I'd prefer to replace lost Backgrounds, especially since you'll probably need Artifacts, Manse and such to function effectively in game.

I'll reread the merits and flaws chapter again when I get back. as said don't have books with me right now.

Yep, but you can loose the flaw in game to... without giving anything back IIRC.

And you're right, until we exalt there's no point, it wasn't clear in my previous post but I did think for the aftermath of our exaltation. (which is why I asked this about priest :P )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back