[OOC] To the Roots... [The Hidden Truths]

Yeah....

Hey, I'm just curious... Is the 18 lethal damage the post-soak damage dice, or the actual levels you got from successes on that post-soak damage dice roll?

>_>

actual damage, did you think she would hold back when faced with a newly changed Exalted?

this is your moment to shine, give it all you've got...

Shadow Red Claws

I can see your going all out against the lunar.... I'd just like to point out this is one of my first games and if you hand out the same level of ass-kicking on me it'll be the shortest game I've ever played in.

18levels of damage after soak is kinda insta kill in my book.

Depends on how he rolls damage... but mostly you're going down to incapacitated here...

remember that the guy is now Exalted, and has got 5 Ox-Body Technique, which as far as I remember added some 16 health levels to him, so he's not dying right now, and can still use a charm to evade the attack, if he so chooses. Not to mention that he suffers no wound penalties, and every action he can reflexively heal one Lethal health levels.

Also, do not forget that the Abyssal has spent motes making all these attacks, while he's got a limitless supply for now.

I also activated a Charm with Relentless Lunar Fury that makes me ignore the effects of falling unconscious or dying until the end of the Fury, or 12 actions (Luna's Fortitude, what a lovely charm). So basically, I can keep taking damage for those 12 actions, but as long as I'm not in my Incapacitated or Dying Health levels when RLF ends (if I chose to let it end :P ), I'm still alive. So once I kill the Abyssal-bitch, I just make crazy usage of Halting the Scarlet Flow, and I should be all right. >_>

I would have actually perfectly-defended against this attack, but if you recall correctly I spent my charm for this action on activating Relentless Lunar Fury and my Fury-OK charms. That's fine, because this attack has me hurt but still far from dead (a little under 10 normal Health levels remaining, as well as 15 Dying Levels, of which I ignore the effects because of Luna's Fortitude :P ). I'll most likely return to perfectly dodging everything the bitch throws at me from this next action onward :D .

As for ass-kicking, Karrth, you can make use of any Charm related to your Caste during your Exaltation scene, and I imagine that if you're involved in any sort of physical combat, SRC will give you access to relevant perfect defenses as well. Also, don't hesitate to ask questions should you have any whatsoever. I think there's at least a few of us here who have a pretty nice handle on the Solar charmset, so we should be able to provide whatever assistance or answers you might ask for.

EDIT: Hey, SRC, Tuuluuwaq's Tusks mutation is supposed to be mechanically represented as either a punch or a kick, depending on the location or nature of the natural weapon, with +2L extra damage added on to the representative statline. Because of the placement of the tusks and they way they are naturally used in combat, I figured they'd be best represented by the Kick statline (altered as stated above) - not terribly accurate, very damaging when hit with, difficult to defend with, and there's two of them (so the Rate of 2). Let me know if this is cool with you, and if not, what you think better represents them. For now, I'll assume its fine and make my rolls, but I'll change and reroll them if you say otherwise.

I'd probably go with a punch, at least that's what I figured at first when I was thinking on taking the tusks for my Lunar Ivy Tusks in Cyl's game (my totem is a boar).

you can interact with the guy who just came into your shop while you're treating a patient. just post your character's response and actions in the appropriate thread.

I'd probably go with a punch' date=' at least that's what I figured at first when I was thinking on taking the tusks for my Lunar Ivy Tusks in Cyl's game (my totem is a boar).[/quote']
Okay... Mammoth tusks are a lot bigger than than boar tusks, but this is all right. I was figuring a kick because of difficult it seems it would be to defend with them. I'm always fine with extra accuracy though :P .

Speaking of Burrowing Devil Strike, SRC, I'm curious...

If I were to reactivate Relentless Lunar Fury to include it, would I be able to make use of it's upgrade Charm (Consumptive Worm Hungers)? Obviously it wouldn't be an effect that lasted the entire Fury (good god no, that's just broken), but since BDS would be active for the duration of the Fury, would I be able to at any time, say, spend one Willpower on a strike to gain the benefit of CWH (for that attack alone)? This would, of course, follow normal combat timing rules in regards to the usage of the Charm, so the Willpower expenditure to activate CWH would be declared in Step one of combat timing (when normal Supplemental Charm usage is declared).

sure, but Unraveled is not gonna relent, and as you can see from my new post there, she still has some tricks, maybe dodging is good for you...

Of course, I plan on dodging until I've worn her out enough to the point I can safely unleash something nasty. This is just a question that may be relevant for that time, or perhaps even later in the game when I've got the XP for it.

In general I'd be inclined to agree to such a thing, but I'll post that question on the White-wolf Exlated forum and see what responses i get there. For now it doesn't matter much, these Charms are not likely to come to use that fast, so let's leave it for now, and get back to it when it's relevant.

Question: why did you mention the dark alleyway that holds no interest to me? I get the feeling you forgot to put something in there.

Yes I did. Sorry, I've been diseased, and that looks an awful lot like a signature, which I have long trained my brain to skip over. I'll go do that, then.

Next time you might not be as powerful as you were for those few moment, but most likely yuo'll have some Solars to back you up.

Hey SRC, I'm unaware if you've taken notice, but the Artifact armors listed in the corebook are terribly overpriced. Cyl and a few others are making use of a change that Plague_of_Hats from the White-Wolf Exalted Forums implemented a long time ago, and should you like it you may want to do the same. ;)

Here's the change:

* Breastplate: Commitment: 1

* Chain Shirt: Commitment: 1

* Lamellar: Commitment: 2

* Reinforced Buff Jacket: Commitment: 2

** Reinforced Breastplate: Commitment: 4

*** Articulated Plate: Commitment: 6

*** Superheavy Plate: Commitment: 9

* = 1 background dot

EDIT: Also, I just remembered... Since Tuuluuwaq is still technically Casteless (though he was a Full Moon during his exaltation, without tattoos his Caste couldn't remain fixed), it'd probably be best for us to not give him all four Favored Attributes immediately. Since two of the four Favored Attributes have to come from your Caste's selection, limiting them to two overall is probably better representative of a Casteless Lunar. If his tattoos aren't long off, it shouldn't make too much of a difference.

Myabe I haven't played long enough to think that they are overpriced, but for the sake of easyness I'll go with this table.

The only difference having 4 favored attribues is gonna make comes with buying charms and attribute points using your earned XP, unless you plan on waiting for the tattos and then spend the time learning.

Well, I went with the general idea of Casteless Lunars posed in the MoEP. It said that most of the time the two Favored Attributes are a show of which Caste the Lunar most naturally gravitates towards, so I decided to pick Strength and Stamina. However, if Tuuluuwaq won't be receiving his tattoos for a while, maybe the two other Favored Attributes would be best.

EDIT: Also... As far as gaining Artifacts and other Backgrounds mid-play goes, what's your method of representing such? Do you allow the spending of experience points to gain things like that later on in the story or for things we're working on earning, such as Followers or Resources? Or do you just plan to give us the backgrounds once we've earned them or found them (in the case of Artifacts, Manses, the like) without anything extra necessary?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back