[OOC] To the Roots... [The Hidden Truths]

*facepalms*

I really need to stop working while posting... I always come up with absolute nonsense.

Sorry for the last post, haven't realized Tarsus was talking to Lai Fen.

Before we go any farther with what's going to happen, could we work out the exact amount of XP that's available? It would be nice to have gotten all the training in I could, especially if this is going to turn into combat like I'm expecting.

Well, amount of XP regardless, I have enough to get a few Charms. Since we have a week of training time, I should be able to grab one or two.

How about Fists of Iron (the Solar Hero base Charm), the 2nd Thrown Excellency and the 3rd Dodge Excellency? That's 24 XP, which will bring me down to 28 banked, I believe.

That's only 4 days of training time; you've got a whole week available. Might I suggest adding something like Dragon Coil Technique on top of that?

1. I'm not spending all my XP yet intentionally. If we're getting more combatants, I might want to invest in utilitarian Charms like Awareness, Larceny, and Bureaucracy.

2. I'm not sure if SRC goes by the tutoring rules or not, so I'm playing it safe. I figure a 1 day overage isn't horrible, and if it is, I'll do without the Thrown Excellency for the time being.

As much as I love getting more Charms, my conservatism is not unfounded.

Ah true... Forgot about that tutor bit. >_<

Well, that means Silver Tusks couldn't train any more in the time allotted anyhow (six days without a tutor for SYM), so I'm set for XP for the time being.

I'd let you guys train even without a tutor, for your native charms, but it will take twice as long, except for Excellencies., those take the same time with or without a tutor.

TherealBrickwall, those charms seem good enough. feel free to add them to your repertoire.

I'll sit down later today and rework the XP you guys have. sorry for the delay. school is taking a lot of my time.

No worries. I forgot to say something, but I updated my XP post in my character thread with the latest expenditures. I'll post them here for ease's sake:

No training time:

Essence 3

Willpower 6

Valor 4

Training time:

Steadfast Yeddim Meditation (six days)

EDIT: Uh.... wtf?

Even with Tarsus' Exaltation, that might be a bit much. Cataphractoi have ridiculous combat stats and are explicitly never extras, so hopefully you can understand why I'm a tad bit worried here. Any chance you meant for some of those to actually be Hobgoblins instead?

>_>

I know that Cataphractoi are powerful, but these are not gonna have the full stats. It's more the visual effect of 10 fair folk. I have no intention of killing anyone.

Okay so I'd like to talk with the solars about our roles... The way I see Daki, he's going to go on various direction, Lore (to train and promote... once I get the HAM you're really gonna LOVE me !), War (to calm, infuriate, or train), of course every Zenith ability, Bureaucracy (administration charms) and most likely Occult for Sorcery (passive spells, combat sorcery is not my interest, neither is demonology) and spirit charms.

What were your plans so we don't compete on some fields ?

Lai-fen is gonna be pretty token Night Caste as far as group role. Stealthy, silent, observant, deadly, and reserved. Few social skills, but may use Bureaucracy (and eventually some Socialize) as sabotage when necessary. Athletics, Resistance, and Martial Arts mean she'll be providing a lot of brute force as well, when necessary, probably whenever our Full Moon is insufficient, incapacitated, or unavailable.

I know that Cataphractoi are powerful' date=' but these are not gonna have the full stats. It's more the visual effect of 10 fair folk. I have no intention of killing anyone.[/quote']
You know, Hobgoblins are Fair Folk too, just the weakest. Cataphractoi are supposed to be Fair Folk nobles, the most powerful shaped Fae at Creation's borders. Tossing them around like small fries seems a bit anti-climatic and unepic to me... >_>

As for roles, while you didn't mention me, it's already quite obvious what Silver Tusks role is :P . Though, he will also have some secondary Charisma stuff for anti-Creatures of Darkness stuff and perhaps the odd training Charm here and there.

I understand that, but trust me, they are not being tossed out just for fun. There is a reason, one that you guys may find out soon.

All right...

Yeah, Karth, as Brick said, you can spam Excellencies freely. Also remember that all your Abilities and Attributes are set at 5 a piece for this scene, and you have infinite Essence.... >_>

fhgwdads05 said:
As for roles, while you didn't mention me, it's already quite obvious what Silver Tusks role is :P
Pretty much why I didn't mentionned you, but mostly because I was adressing to the solars, to avoid redundance in charms and competition in favored fields.

One piece of advice though, wait for I get HAM to boost the following past 1 dot with xp : Conviction / Temperance / Perception / Craft / Investigation / Lore / Linguistics / Performance / Presence / Socialize.

I can teach it to you up to 4 free of charge :)

And trust me, Daki will be more than pleased to spread his knowledge... he'll be studying an hour and teaching another hour daily whenever we get free time... good thing I made him a librarian and made him save the books (did not even did it on purpose, just realized it today) :mrgreen:

It's nice, for sure, but it's not free...

It just eases the training time. Either you pay the XP, if you have any, or you incur an XP debt.

See page 183 on te Core rule book, under the Training keyword.

It's nice, for sure, but it's not free...
It just eases the training time. Either you pay the XP, if you have any, or you incur an XP debt.

See page 183 on te Core rule book, under the Training keyword.
That's exactly how it works, yes. But easing training time is pretty damn nice - we can increase a hell of lot more in downtime with Training Charms than we'd normally be able to.

Oh and cyl, being a book-type and all, what are you thinking for Linguistics and Investigation? Favored or just normal?

Yeah, especially when it comes to attributes... I mean you resume a few months to a single week. (forgot about the xp cost... boohoo).

Actually I loved the Salinan build:

Bureaucracy - Lore - Occult. I'm tempted to go with Dodge/ MA + 1 other favored, but really dodge might be enough, I have no intention of being a true fighter.

Then it will be either Linguistics / Investigation / (considering what it does, I'd better leave it to the night caste) / War (to infuriate / disperse the crowds) / Socialize.

Got to look through the effects of charms to make pertinent choices.

Wait wait wait... Am I reading this correctly ?

p.183

- Characters who are not extras must pay the normal experience cost: i.e. extras trained with this charm will progress faster than exalts... doesn't make any sense. I can make geniuses out of peasants in a matter months but can't teach a chosen as easily ?! Okay they are indeed extras, but... we're talking Virtues, Attributes and load of abilities.

- if they can't afford this cost[... it becomes a debt]... meaning you do get the increase, but you don't spend the xp right away (it states that you need to give at least 50% of your new xp to the debt)... which is still pretty cool in the case of attributes and virtues.

Don't get me wrong, i wouldn't say that the charm is useless, far from it, it's awesome. I just wanted to point out that it still costs you the same XP, and for sure the training times are much faster.

cyl said:
Wait wait wait... Am I reading this correctly ?
p.183

- Characters who are not extras must pay the normal experience cost: i.e. extras trained with this charm will progress faster than exalts... doesn't make any sense. I can make geniuses out of peasants in a matter months but can't teach a chosen as easily ?! Okay they are indeed extras, but... we're talking Virtues, Attributes and load of abilities.

- if they can't afford this cost[... it becomes a debt]... meaning you do get the increase, but you don't spend the xp right away (it states that you need to give at least 50% of your new xp to the debt)... which is still pretty cool in the case of attributes and virtues.
Of course. But mortals are still limited to mortal standards. They can't get fancy Charms to make these buffed traits all the better. A Solar who self-trains with Tiger Warrior Training Tech and Legendary Warrior Curriculum? Complete combat machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back