[OOC] To the Roots... [The Hidden Truths]

TherealBrickwall said:
Well, yeah, and it's more convenient. Still, I wish they'd never changed it.
Dare I say.... it may have fell victim to the dastardly Count of Words when they wrote MoEP: Lunars?

Forgot to add.

During these two weeks, if any of you wants to train, we'll consider it about a week time of training. You'll get more training time later, I promise.

Also, I'll go over the threads again, and add up the XP you guys have. I'll try to get that up this week.

Also, to those with familiars, feel free to use the system created by cyl to build your familiar. I believe it's more or less finalized, for now. :mrgreen:

Dr. Tran's not gonna be learning Old Realm until his Exaltation imparts that to him in a searing burst of revelation. :P So, he's useless there, for now.

Isn't there a penalty when you make a roll and you don't have any dots in the ability ?!

*looks at Lai-Fen*

IIRC their pool cannot be lowered by less than their essence, but I think the -2 penalty does apply.

Yep: p.121, unless there is an errata on this: -2 if you don't have 1 dot in the proper ability, but the penalty cannot reduce the pool below (essence) dice.

Let me extend that quote for you, with appropriate highlights: "The player of anyone who is not Exalted loses two dice from any roll based on an ability in which she does not have any dots."

It's right there in the book, dude.

Definitely gotta change the glasses and stop working while calling while checking rulebooks :lol:

Two questions:

1. Is this a place of magical power, like a manse or demesne (an Exalt would know automatically, according to core)

2. Is there anything here that is of use or might be taken as portable wealth? (Side note: is there a "touch only the lamp" clause involved?) I'm happy to make a Bureaucracy roll to evaluate goods as far as monetary value.

You can sense some minor power from the display cases, but certainly nothing like a Manse. If there was, i'd have let you guys know.

All of the Colored glass objects are likely to fetch you some money, if you find buyers for them, and can transport them safely. The crystalline objects are clearly those of Fair Folk design.

You could have let me roll for trap-checking before springing the gorram thing. Just because my pool sucks doesn't mean I might not have gotten 10 successes or something :P

The noise has nothing to do with Lai-fen's actions. Even if it would it wouldn't have been a trap until I gave you a chance to find it.

it might not be an attack.....we could be about to discover a roving harem and sandwich stand...or um...something.....

Out of curiosity, what sorts of weapons were down there and made of crystal...? If there were any Khatars those he would have grabbed first otherwise he has an armful of swords or some such currently.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back