[OOC] To the Roots... [The Hidden Truths]

Updated my post, Silver Tusks' turn...

BTW, that DotFA charm is probably not gonna be allowed in this game as part of the charms you can take later on.

Really? I agree that it's pretty damn broken, but it's one of the few Charms that doesn't require too much effort to salvage.

I agree, it's not that overpowered. It only works on Charms with Essence 2 or less minimums and activation of Reflexive. It's not like Athletics gives you super-incredible combat advantage. It's really not any more powerful than the other E4 Athletics Charm that lets you fly.

By this, I assume you're also outlawing the MA Charm that makes all Solar Hero Charms not count as a Charm use for a scene?

TherealBrickwall said:
I agree, it's not that overpowered. It only works on Charms with Essence 2 or less minimums and activation of Reflexive. It's not like Athletics gives you super-incredible combat advantage. It's really not any more powerful than the other E4 Athletics Charm that lets you fly.
By this, I assume you're also outlawing the MA Charm that makes all Solar Hero Charms not count as a Charm use for a scene?
Actually, as written it only works on Charms with Essence 2. Not less. It should be less, but it's not. Just one of it's several issues. And Athletics does give you some pretty incredible advantages, namely incredibly increased mobility and decent damage output. This Charm gives you all of that, indefinitely. It needs to be tooled down just a tad.

But yeah, for the most part it's best to ignore the DotFA Solar Charms all together. The Lunar Charms are almost all (if not all) Essence 5+, meaning I won't be touching them anyhow.

fhgwdads05 said:
Actually, as written it only works on Charms with Essence 2. Not less. It should be less, but it's not. Just one of it's several issues. And Athletics does give you some pretty incredible advantages, namely incredibly increased mobility and decent damage output. This Charm gives you all of that, indefinitely. It needs to be tooled down just a tad.
It doesn't give damage. Strength-Increasing Exercise is Simple, not Reflexive.

Also, it is your turn. And this thing's again. Apparently it can take Evil DBT as a Speed 4 action.

TherealBrickwall said:
fhgwdads05 said:
It doesn't give damage. Strength-Increasing Exercise is Simple, not Reflexive.

Also, it is your turn. And this thing's again. Apparently it can take Evil DBT as a Speed 4 action.
The text mentions nothing about activated Charm effects having to be reflexive or not, so sorry, but SIE is included.

[QUOTE="Lords of Creation]The Solar's every move is effortless as sunlight. While she commits this Charm's motes, she's considered to automatically enjoy the effects of every Athletics Charm she knows that has a Minimum Essence of 2 and a Duration of one scene. Furthermore, she cannot suffer internal penalties to Athletics rolls.

[/QUOTE]
I can see that it's my turn. I'll post when I get around to it.

And as far as DBT as a Speed 4 action, SRC, did you make a mistake? To my knowledge there's no knack that reduces shapechanging actions to Speed 4. It goes directly to Speed 3 with the first, then reflexive with the Knack afterward.

It's not actual DBT, I imagine, but it has a comparable effect.

I know I read Reflexive in there...I swear, the universe changes itself randomly to bug the hell out of me.

Well, to be honest, by SRC's description I'd put my money on that beastie being a chimera. If it's not, then I have no idea.

the beastie isn't a chimera nor a Lunar. it is a creature woefully created for the purpose of this chronicle, shaped by unseen hands and set upon you for some dark purpose. More than that I cannot say lest i tip my hand. :twisted:

The text in the interlude is for our newest member, whose gonna be another Lunar to join you guys.

Also, as an aside, while trying yesterday to separate the posts of what happened inside the cart from what happened outside, I made a mistake and accidently deleted the posts of what happened inside. I left a message to the guy in charge asking if they can be retrieved, but haven't gotten a response just yet. If they can't be recovered I'll start another thread and recap what happened and we'll take it from there.

So I'm hoping that you'll let me have my cloak as a concealed "weapon" (as per the rules in the Martials Arts Codex that puts a weighted rope...or cloak at Resources 1). It's fairly weak as such things go, being less powerful that a kick would be, but I can clinch somebody with it without having to actually wrestle them (I hope).

How much of his soak is from armor? Assuming it's unchanged from 18B/18L after his little transformation....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back