[OOC] To the Roots... [The Hidden Truths]

On ancient ravens: MoEP Lunars page 109

On ravens producing human speech: you're the one who pulled that out, so YOU get the page reference

TherealBrickwall said:
On ancient ravens: MoEP Lunars page 109
That page reference says NOTHING about sentience, and NOTHING about them gaining intelligence. Here, I'll quote it directly:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Raven#Vocalization[/URL]

"Like other corvids, Ravens can mimic sounds from their environment, including human speech."

I think that it's safe to say that ravens in Exalted aren't much different than they are in the real world. If they were, you would have found specific parts of the book talking about them, or SRC would have said something. For the most part, aside from having Avatars and Gods of themselves and such, animals are treated pretty similarly, if not exactly as they are in our world.

fhgwdads05 said:
[ You don't think city folk, in Exalted or not, would have developed a greater sense of understanding of the natural world than barbarians?
Do me a favor and find your local newspaper. See the section that says "horoscopes"?

Anyway, as far as intelligent birds, I found them. Scroll of Kings, p. 61 describes a procedure that allows a warrior to be reincarnated as a fully sentient crow. These crows are servants of the war gods, so to see one adorning the shoulder of a warrior or general would be believable.

The book also demonstrates some ambiguity in whether it is a raven god or crow god, so I'm guessing that if White Wolf can't tell the difference, my character can't.

Incidentally, if you had bothered to cite an actual Exalted page reference for your argument, you'd have found this out yourself. Learn to do these things right.

Guys... please don't fight over something as meaningless as talking birds :-/

Take something serious like politics, religion or beer brands but not something like this :-/

If any of you is sifting through his garments post on the thread, I will PM with what you feel, and it's your desicion whether you take it out while the others are around or not. If you do take it out, post it on the thread, if not, you can PM me and we'll take it from there.

Silver Tusks is inconspicuously flying overhead, yes. He doesn't appear to be "following" the caravan in any way, at the moment he's aimlessly flying around the area around the caravan, keeping watch on it and everything around it. Occasionally he will land on a building nearby and observe from there.

Yeah, sorry about the no post, but basically Silver Tusks is swooping in just a tad closer to keep an eye on the creature.

oh my god, no. That would mean the destruction of Whitewall.

What I meant was that the reason she's Exalting now, is because she can at least use her powers more discretely than any one of you were you to Exalt right now.

Oh shit...

Umm, shouldn't we roll up Join battle or something before getting to all this attacking?

>_>

It'd take less rolls to say that Lai-fen just set the Join Battle count so high you both act on tick 6. It's not a 100% thing, but it's easier.

Anyway, the stunt dice have been added to the post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back