• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice OOC: The Icy Wastes (Ex3e)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
I dropped my extra Charm to get a Greater Hearthstone to be able to help power the ship. When we're not flying about, I can always take the stone back and socket it back into my bow.

Alright so geomantic powered Blue Jade Airship basic stats:

Attunement: 5m
Speed: Geomantic engine +15
Maneuverability: +3; Hull: -0/-1x2/-2x2/-4/Incap.

Cargo: The airship can carry two tons of cargo, or forty standing men in tight quarters.

Maximum Height: 4

Evocation Passive effect: Ignore penalties due to Winds/storms

Question, are there any good artifacts for the No Moon Lunar Necromancer in your lives? ;-)

Question, are there any good artifacts for the No Moon Lunar Necromancer in your lives? ;-)

Even Abyssal manuscript doesn't have artifacts that focus on Necromancy to be honest.

Honestly your best options are probably either artifacts that help with sorcery (Necromancy and Sorcery can be used interchangeably) there are artifacts that are more focused on the underworld and the likes but they tend to be Soulsteel artifacts.

MFS night hag's braid for help for sorcerers that rely on using spells in combat or the Cloak of Forgotten Midnights can be used for sorcery as well and even as initiation again in MFS. There are sorcery artifacts in arms of the chosen too.

There's a sorcery artifact in Many-Faced Strangers that aids in Sorcerous Workings, that could be adapte for Necromancy.

Or, if you want, just make a custom Artifact.

Custom artifacts are always welcome of course but in general for custom ones,I recommend to just start slow (1 or 2 evocations is probably more than enough) then decide later how you want to proceed. I'll help in the process as well.

I am looking at the braid and the shroud from many faced strangers so far.

Custom artifacts are always welcome of course but in general for custom ones,I recommend to just start slow (1 or 2 evocations is probably more than enough) then decide later how you want to proceed. I'll help in the process as well.

Am looking to make an Artifact medium armor, out of Moonsilver, that aids in leading a battle group in combat, and is a mix of giving unique stratagems, and allowing you and the battle group to do surprise attacks, and moving around the battlefield hidden.

I am looking at the braid and the shroud from many faced strangers so far.

They are cool artifacts.

Am looking to make an Artifact medium armor, out of Moonsilver, that aids in leading a battle group in combat, and is a mix of giving unique stratagems, and allowing you and the battle group to do surprise attacks, and moving around the battlefield hidden.
I will look around and compare a few things and will see what we can do.

They are cool artifacts.

I will look around and compare a few things and will see what we can do.

Am thinking about Artifact 4, with about 9-12 total Evocations, starting with 3 basic charms that are the basis. One for Join Battle (Lunar Wits seems to have no Charms, other than Excellency, to boost Join Battle, strangely enough), one for hiding, and one that boosts movement.

Am thinking about Artifact 4, with about 9-12 total Evocations, starting with 3 basic charms that are the basis. One for Join Battle (Lunar Wits seems to have no Charms, other than Excellency, to boost Join Battle, strangely enough), one for hiding, and one that boosts movement.
Lunars have some charms to improve Join battle and you will find them mostly in Perception for the Lunar book.

MFS added some JB boosters as well in other attributes including dexterity, stamina and a charm concept in Perception,

Can do an evocation to boosting movement but usually, not a big issue on Lunars since not only you can use the dice pool of animals you shapeshift into (would count as charm dice if higher) but you do get a lot of options (like transform into a bird to fly away) or can just stunt with your favorite attributes any movement roll instead of using (Dexterity+athletics) you can do stuff like (Dexterity+Dexterity). Just some things to consider, Lunars are very versatile.

Lunars have some charms to improve Join battle and you will find them mostly in Perception for the Lunar book.

MFS added some JB boosters as well in other attributes including dexterity, stamina and a charm concept in Perception,

Can do an evocation to boosting movement but usually, not a big issue on Lunars since not only you can use the dice pool of animals you shapeshift into (would count as charm dice if higher) but you do get a lot of options (like transform into a bird to fly away) or can just stunt with your favorite attributes any movement roll instead of using (Dexterity+athletics) you can do stuff like (Dexterity+Dexterity). Just some things to consider, Lunars are very versatile.

I saw two charms in Perception to enchance Join Battle, and it's still strange since Wits is the attribute for Join Battle...

One of them replace Wits with Perception from what I remember. It's just the way some splats are, some do stuff in alternate ways (a lot of that in Exigent and Sidereals).

Lion Argent Regent (Moonsilver Reinforced Buff Jacket Artifact 4)

During the War of Gods, a Lunar knows as the Lion fought bravely against armies of gods and elementals. This artifact is the only memento left of the Lion.
(Add more fluff at your convenience, its just to get started)

Attunement: 5m; Type: Medium (Soak +8, Hardness 7, Mobility Penalty -1)

Tags: Silent

Hearthstone slot(s): 1

Era: War of Gods

Evocation

Lion Argent Regent counts as exceptional equipment (Exalted p. 580) for War stratagems or actions to recruit soldiers for war.

Be Prepared
Cost:
3m; Mins: Essence 1
Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Resonant
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: None

Lion Argent Regent is always ready for battle, and prepare to attack swiftly, even those hiding from him.

The wielder doubles 9s on Join Battle Rolls and foes in concealment suffers a -3 penalty on their Join Battle rolls.

Resonant: Be Prepared evocation awakens for free, for Wielder who are resonant the first time they attune to it.

Ready to Pounce
Cost:
3m; Mins: Essence 1
Type: Reflexive
Keywords: Mute
Duration: One scene
Prerequisite Charms: None

Lion Argent Regent lies in wait to strike at the right time.

While the wielder is in darkness or dim light like the moon light, other characters whose visibility is impeded by it can't notice her unless they have a specific reason to look for an ambusher or intruder in the dark or if she takes overt actions like joining battle or displaying superhuman prowess. Even then, the visibility penalty subtracts successes instead of dice from Perception rolls against her.

Note: I haven't made an evocation to boost movement but there are a lot of options in the native charms + shapeshifting unless you really want an evocation for movement I think these 2 are a decent start.

Last edited:
I am pondering changing my martial art style to Crane Style, instead of Single Point Shining into the Void Style. It would change my combat strategy to a more defensive role, protecting the people around me. And once I hit Essence 2, I can get the Form Charm and increase my Parry even more to keep from getting hit.

Thoughts?

One thought is that you would have to also drop your armor to make the style work. It is incompatible with armor.

Other than that, I don't see any issue with you changing your focus from more offensive to defensive.

True. But there is a suit of Silken Armor in the Sidereals book that I can pick up in place of the armor I currently have.

I am pondering changing my martial art style to Crane Style, instead of Single Point Shining into the Void Style. It would change my combat strategy to a more defensive role, protecting the people around me. And once I hit Essence 2, I can get the Form Charm and increase my Parry even more to keep from getting hit.

Thoughts?

Which style to use is pretty much your choice. Crane is a nice defensive style and works well with many different kind of setup since it focuses on defenses.

If you want to involve teamwork, Throne Shadow Style is worth considering too since you can have members of your circle as your fingers and if you want to protect them or even take advantage of the perks of having fingers as your circlemate, its not bad at all.

I am thinking that I'll go ahead and make the switch to Crane Style. It will only take a moment to edit the sheet. I've used Single Point on other characters before, and I want to do something different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back