• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Not If You Were the Last

Haha. Don't worry, I'm sure Babette thinks Duncan is cute.

Now imagine I can get him to play with us and then Jack-dude gets active. Aiyaiyai.

@CuVallen Approved.

FYI, Duncan has a plan for having the girls make plywood signs (one 4' x 8' sheet of plywood per letter) that spell out P E O P L E ... one for each side of the interstate ... with arrows. Then there will be small signs to lead anyone to the camp. Dangerous in that you never know who may find the signs. Duncan knows what he's doing though. The job will take about a week. But we do plan to fast forward some.

LOL ... the thought crossed my mind. But I can just hear the guy conversation ...

"Dude, wait til you see them. It is like a choice between Hot and Cute."

I do NOT see the difference.

I just noticed I still have the height weight of Duncan before his growth spurt. He turns 17 in late September. He ought to be closing in on 6'3" by now.

Anyways ... about time to roll out. Another relatively short day, though I may catch a nap when I stop for the day.

@CuVallen Oh, one thing I noticed, Jerry is using stabilizers to adjust for bad fuel. Thing is, that won't help. Fuel goes bad just by sitting exposed to the atmosphere. He would be adding stabilizer to gas that is already bad eventually. 6 months is about the limit for gasoline. A year for diesel. After that vehicles start to run poorly, stall, etc. The fuel system in the vehicles gets corroded. Even draining a fuel system requires knowing what you are doing or you cause even more damage.

Also, pumps at gas station would no longer work once electricity fails. (Jerry was smart to plan on siphoning.) All his main vehicles have bilge pumps he grabbed from marinas with extra long hoses.

What Duncan did was go around creating caches of fuel (on the order of hundreds of thousands of gallons per site), stabilizing and replacing the atmosphere with inert gases. (This is the reason he asked Babette not to fiddle with the fuel depot.) He took a 1 million square foot warehouse and made it airtight, created a garage styled airlock system to drive vehicles in and out, filled it with all sorts of vehicles, and emptied lots of helium tanks into it. Hardly perfect, but quite ingenious for a 15-16 year old kid. (He used fireman gear and smoke to find all the leaks.)

To clarify ... I was just pointing out reality - as compared to Hollywood type post apocalyptic settings. Don't let that stop you. Both Babette and Tamara drove into town. In the real world, they would likely have run into trouble much sooner.

I am about to jump forward about a week. Will Duncan have been mauled by girls? Will they be making it next to impossible to get anything done? Good questions.

Oh ... and in case it needed saying, the flea bag is approved. Duncan is actually very good with dogs, making friends with even hard-to-befriend breeds easily, like a Chow Chow family dog ... within 10-15 min.

STA-BIL® Fuel Stabilizer will keep fuel fresh for up to 12 months, guaranteed. Depending on the quality, type and source of the gasoline, as well as storage conditions, doubling the dosage rate of STA-BIL® brand could prolong this storage time to up to 2 years.

Hmm ... well, I need to do better research. I mainly researched gas just sitting. But Duncan had advice from a research engineer. He'd have looked up where the distribution center was that made Stabilizer ... and picked up pallets of the stuff. (He made several trips back and forth across the USA. He also picked up large quantities of Zeolite for denaturing alcohol. And ATK firearms, Remington ...) The stabilizer still won't help fuel that you siphon from cars. It will have already gone bad.

To get from Dallas to Albuquerque, a couple 50 gallon drums would do it even with poor fuel mileage. I could easily see him have a storage of more than a few drums back in Dallas considering his parents. They'd probably deplete their accounts to keep him alive if they were good parents.

Question: Your location in the first post makes no sense. I30 and I25 never touch. Assuming he came out of the Dallas area, he'd take I 30 until it ended in Little Rock, then I 40 west. I40 runs through a lot of major cities, so it would be a good choice. It is actually one of the reasons Duncan stayed in Albuquerque so long. It is a huge detour to go around it. I 10 to the south is resource unfriendly. I 70 to the North has a shorter annual safe access period. Oddly, I 90 and 94 are better than I-70, though winter weather is still an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back