• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Not If You Were the Last

@aergie I can imagine them breaking into an abandoned Sephora and just raiding skin care products (granted they haven't gone bad) and luxury makeup. Ugh. Sounds like a dream come true (can you tell I'm a makeup enthusiast IRL? :P ). And I'm sure it would be alright if you posted again since he was going to mhave Duncan leave to do errands anyway, right? What really needs to happen is @DaManofWar needs to come join us so Duncan can have a buddy. :P

Last edited by a moderator:
@sodeviousxo honestly.....i'm not even much into makeup, but it would be awesome :P

and yeah, it would be cool if more people joined + i'm excited for Jack to meet up :)

@aergie Plus, he's kind of eye candy, so... Not saying that Duncan isn't portrayed by a cutie, but it's going to be fun for him not to be the only boy around. Plus it'll create more of a balance and possibly provide the opportunity for more frequent posting.

And makeup is fun. Almost as fun as writing. <3

@sodeviousxo yes!!! Bob Morley (Jacks FC) is actually one of my celebrity crushes (mostly just because he's Bellamy in The 100) so I'm psyched :)

Yeah, it is fun. I just never really go out of my comfort zone with it..pretty much just use the same routine every day or wear none. I'm boring :P

@aergie I just google'd him and he is gorgeous! Perhaps him and Tamara can hit it off. The overview did mention repopulation, right? :P And by saying this, I'm totally revealing my age, but he looks like Elton from Clueless a bit, only somewhat more ethnic. He was a babe.

@DaManofWar When your cell phone gonna set off Duncan's radar? :P

@sodeviousxo hah, maybe.

i'm not sure how comfortable i feel writing underage characters 'repopulating', though. maybe we could do a time jump after a while, haha.

and lol, don't worry, I suck at math :P

@aergie I'm with you on that one, but I don't think that's the sole concept for the story as much as rebuilding a community, etc. We'll see. I really like this story and have been watching the show that inspired it (it's freakin' funny). And I'm really enjoying Babette.

But anyways, it would be interesting if it lasted long enough to see them progress as a group and continue into the future. And I really hope at least another set of people join.

@sodeviousxo Yeah, I'm liking this a lot. I definitely hope that this lasts a good while--this is the only RP I've been in so far that hasn't died after the first couple posts. *knocks on wood*

Also, sorry it took so long to get my most recent post up. I am tired as a tired thing.

I'm about to start a long day of work. Duncan knows the city pretty well, having lived there for a few years. He can get you guys maps - and a more dependable vehicle if needed. He knows where a Tanger Outlets mall is. (Although all he seems to have are jeans, black T shirts ... and some military fatigues for hard work. Even having all the clothing available in the world hasn't changed his lack of fashion sense.)

Uhm .. Jack (@DaManofWar ) was placed in California, I think? At best that is several hundred miles away - and Jack is hardly on a mission to find them. So we'd have to backdate his last post to bring him in reasonably soon. One other small hitch, it seems very unlikely he'd be using a cell phone. But I already had an idea for that.

Duncan has plans to make a couple signs (one sign per side of the interstate) - huge ones made using 4' x 8" sheets of plywood, each with a single letter P-E-O-P-L-E ... and a big arrow pointing the way. Follow up with signs to lead the way.

Duncan also send up his drones every day or so to do thermographic readings - mainly to search for large predators. You suppose Jack counts?

Regarding repopulating .... Duncan was specifically warned by his mother (a doctor, remember) about the increased dangers of childbirth in teens. But he has had some survival medical training, complete with a short course in Gross Human Anatomy. (His mother literally took him to a morgue to teach him to extract bullets, sew up wounds, and deliver a child. And yes he fainted the first time or two.)

@aergie I'm determined to keep this one alive. And don't worry, I just wish I saw your post sooner. :(

@Mitheral Girls will be girls, and boredom is sure to strike at some point. So why not go on a shopping spree with an unlimited budget? :P

And I think the last thing on any of their minds would be repopulation. They can't even determine whether this is all real or not yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Already have one. Will go and bump it again. Going to Edit the ones who haven't done anything with their CS that needed fixing as Inactives and reopen their slots.

I have been busy lately. My mother us pregnant with twins, and this is her eleventh time being pregnant, so she needs a lot of help.

Thanks for the heads up.

LOL, when my Mom had my little brothers (twins), they stuck a sign on her that read: "WIDE LOAD." Military hospital. They had a sense of humor. Her doctor was a civilian that ruled hiw wing like a tyrant ... and it was always, "When (Mitheral's Mom) says something is wrong, by God, something is wrong!" (Assume that was in all caps.)

11th time though ... woof! My hat is off to her.

Yeah. She is one tough lady. Plus, I was the heaviest baby she had, at like, 9 pounds or something. My first brother is going to be a great footballer. How do I know this?

He was born foot first.

Oh .. if the girls want to talk more before Duncan gets back, don't let my last post stop you.

I think it's safe to assume that Babette took long enough in the shower that the girls didn't have time to talk much more before Duncan's return

:) Hey, I would probably do the same.

I just got home a couple minutes ago, so I'm getting started on my post now.

For MY next post I will probably be describing Duncan's house / garden and skipping right past the Tanger Mall visit. Oh, Tanger is the only clothing mall he knows. If there is another common one, you'd have to tell him. He tends to stick to Walmart and Cabella's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back