• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Not If You Were the Last

Any chance we can stop skipping ahead every other day and let people catch up a little? I know you're itching to introduce your new people Mith, but having us skipping forward and back is getting confusing.

At least hold off until we finish the meeting? I already skipped some rps I wanted to do because of all the jumping. Then comes the assumption that people don't interact with each other during the skips, like on the train. I dunno, it's just getting a little frustrating that in the middle of an rp it's suddenly 4 days later.

CuVallen said:
At least hold off until we finish the meeting? I already skipped some rps I wanted to do because of all the jumping. Then comes the assumption that people don't interact with each other during the skips, like on the train. I dunno, it's just getting a little frustrating that in the middle of an rp it's suddenly 4 days later.
I have to agree.

Okay ... setting up for scenes on Oct 6th (Solar Barge arrival and Shrink moving to Long Term care)... and later on Oct 8th (2nd wave of immigrants)

I was originally going to have the Amanda and Jake scene done in private, but decided to have it right there in broad daylight in front of everyone.

Yes, the quote is from Romeo and Juliet, the first passage where Romeo really lays it on a bit thick.

Oh ... for the Halloween Party, the group should really be Judges of the costume contest rather than participants given the unfair advantage of being able to move around with no boundaries or curfews.

Amanda should go as the Invisible Girl .... literally.

I have been thinking about something. We should raid the Amazon.com warehouse hubs in Florida. There are 4 of them. Georgia only has 1. Alabama has 0.

Nah ... this is just s simple scene. short on time today. I could actually run this scene any time

Ezell Care Package

Dozen eggs (in carton, washed, etc but not bleached)

Average tub of homemade butter.

Gallon of milk

20 huge watermelons

40 cantelopes

Some zucchini, buttercup squash, eggplants, bell peppers, 3 bushels of blackeyed peas (not shelled), bushel of snap beans, bushel of tomatoes, bushel of potatoes.

@JokerValentine

1. The background has some problems. Partly my fault. My original Overview doesn't explain the Plague well. If you read the first IC post and the 1st Lore post, that should clear up some misunderstandings of the Plague.

The short version? It wasn't a fast killing disease. People typically lasted anywhere from weeks to a few months.

Where was he from prior to the disease? I don't care if he remembers. Just need an idea what his life was like prior to the Plague. In other words, the background needs a LOT of fleshing out. One short paragraph is not going to work. At best he is a 2D NPC as he is written. (My simple NPC's are better than this. Only my disposable slated for slaughter are this weakly described. I hate to sound mean, but please put some effort into the character. Look at the others for some ideas.)

2. Appearance / Other Features: He should at least know his birthday. The age on the CS should be his age as of Aug 27, 2016. The Plague started before Aug 2015, reaching pandemic levels by this time. First cases were before this time. What this also means is that his collar bone injury was likely before he was 15 or at early 15. The last time anyone would have been available to give a haircut was over a year ago. And with no electricity...

3. Since the Plague. How is he getting around? How is he avoiding predators? (Zoo animals were released in many areas. And there are packs of wild dogs in many cities.) Fuel has gone bad in cars and pumps. No electricity (pumps don't work anyways), no internet, no water, no utilities at all really. Food is going bad on shelves.

4. What are his interests, hobbies, sports. I am going to assume he was a normal kid before all this. Flesh that out.

5. I strongly recommend against an antisocial character. I just do not have the time to deal with side plots or disruptions to the main plot. So far the way he's been written he just looks like a disruptive character.

Mitheral said:
@JokerValentine
1. The background has some problems. Partly my fault. My original Overview doesn't explain the Plague well. If you read the first IC post and the 1st Lore post, that should clear up some misunderstandings of the Plague.

The short version? It wasn't a fast killing disease. People typically lasted anywhere from weeks to a few months.

Where was he from prior to the disease? I don't care if he remembers. Just need an idea what his life was like prior to the Plague. In other words, the background needs a LOT of fleshing out. One short paragraph is not going to work. At best he is a 2D NPC as he is written. (My simple NPC's are better than this. Only my disposable slated for slaughter are this weakly described. I hate to sound mean, but please put some effort into the character. Look at the others for some ideas.)

2. Appearance / Other Features: He should at least know his birthday. The age on the CS should be his age as of Aug 27, 2016. The Plague started before Aug 2015, reaching pandemic levels by this time. First cases were before this time. What this also means is that his collar bone injury was likely before he was 15 or at early 15. The last time anyone would have been available to give a haircut was over a year ago. And with no electricity...

3. Since the Plague. How is he getting around? How is he avoiding predators? (Zoo animals were released in many areas. And there are packs of wild dogs in many cities.) Fuel has gone bad in cars and pumps. No electricity (pumps don't work anyways), no internet, no water, no utilities at all really. Food is going bad on shelves.

4. What are his interests, hobbies, sports. I am going to assume he was a normal kid before all this. Flesh that out.

5. I strongly recommend against an antisocial character. I just do not have the time to deal with side plots or disruptions to the main plot. So far the way he's been written he just looks like a disruptive character.
A'ight. I will hopefully make those corrections. Thank you!

Let me know when it is ready for me to review. I don't get Notifs of edits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back