• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Not If You Were the Last

Props?

Grabbing some food, then I will see if I have anything to respond to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Duncan had a bit of a crush on Babette!! :P

anyways so my understand is that now it's the morning they're going to leave?

I would think that he'd try to flirt with any girl at this point. Surprised he hasn't been hitting on Tamara since she's all smarter than Bette and stuff. Then again, maybe it's because she dropped hints about having been in a relationship with a girl before. Hehe.

oh yeah, that's true. i don't think Mara would react very well to being flirted with, tbh :P who knows.

and i forgot about that. does everyone think she's gay??

Hehe ... he's being mysterious? He hasn't really hit on Tamara because she doesn't talk to him. And yes, she mentioned a breakup with a girl. He took the hint and backed off. And Jerry's completely misread Duncan. Duncan actually LIKES Jerry. Jerry reminds him of a friend. Khloe? Duncan hasn't figured her out yet. But then it has been one day, if that.

So far, Babette IS the one he likes most - but he's maintaining a distance. He's known her a little over a week. He does trust her as a second in command. Friend or Girlfriend, he sees a lot of potential in her.

Silly question, but with it taking about a week to get to Florida, do you want me to fast forward there? Or allow for some in trip stuff?

I'm very flirtacious by nature, so it's no surprise that my characters tend to be that way, even if a little. Right now Babette is checking both of them out, just because, well... She's a young girl, and I was boy crazy at that age. Heck, I was engaged at that age. But, she's not looking for any relationships at the moment. She's just trying to be as mature as she can be as all this goes on. She does seem to have a soft spot for Tamara, though. :P Haha.

@aergie I don't think she's gay as you've mentioned before you think you'd have her swing both ways.

I don't mind the fast forwarding, just because it would make things more convenient. How much can you RP on a moving train? The bits about climbing off and checking the tracks? Lol.

I also was curious... When they get to Florida, are they gonna continue to live in their RVs or are they gonna find a nice little farmstead to live on? Lol.

Oh, I don't think she was trying to hint anything. She was just sharing ~life stories :P

and yeah I'm cool with fast forwarding. are we meant to interact with the military people, or should we just have our characters ignore them?

Actually I will probably have the military folks interact. But their's will be bit parts. Each one has a vital role. The Captain, despite having little faith in Duncan, is necessary. She knows all that lab technique stuff that Duncan couldn't learn in a textbook. And she has practical doctoring experience.

Casteel is an excellent mechanic, able to revive most dead cars. He's a bit more personable that the Gunny.

Horton ... she's still a little on the immature side at time - a total geek. She will be the one arguing in favor of the kids half the time.

Gunny? He'll take a bullet to save Duncan (or the Captain). The more he sees that Duncan is worth putting faith in, the more that will be true.

These are the sort of people I have served with in the military personally.

More surprises await at Eglin.

I left that vague on purpose. Some of you might have stayed back with vehicles. Duncan, of course, has no choice. He has to check over the facility. I did, however, write the scene with the whole group in mind. The military is just taking up a protective role. (So far, the military seems to be operating on the up and up.)

Also, there will be one other survivor present (besides the kids Amanda asked about). That one is uninfected and not Immune much like the military folks. He built the Cryotanks, solar farm, etc.

Awesome. Yeah, it was a scene meant for everyone to see. But not mandatory. I use the "drooling in a corner" method sometimes.

Drooling in a corner was a term we used to use in tabletop rpg's back when I was in college. We had group members that would come and go in mid game to get to classes. So we would assume their character was "drooling in a corner". Not exactly realistic, but we had fun with it.

I think Babette might get a bit emotional after seeing the kids. The ages are similar to what I imagine her siblings were like. Lol.

Oh ... walking around. If he just wanted to be alone, probably somewhere people don't usually go. If you look at the map, there is the end of the runways, small forested areas, etc.

However, ask yourself how he would find YOU ... how he always seems to find you guys. (He even knows about Jerry and Babette talking that last long post.) He has like 120 of those drones with thermal imaging cameras that cost several thousand dollars apiece ... with at least one in every vehicle in use....

The linked building is where he started from. That is the big weather lab where the cryopool is.

That's a mighty good point! Lol... and yeah I noticed after rereading the link. Sorry... brain still waking up... literally still in bed. Haha. Will start a post soon.

lol .. for what it is worth, he wasn't spying on Babette and Jerry. He was watching for military movements.

It must be the spy in me, These things seem so obvious.

Lol its totally okay if he was. Would have been entertaining, but he would have heard it from Bette if she found out. "Do you not have respect for people's privacy? Do you have a camera in the girl's RV? Oh my god, you probably do! Tamara, Duncan has a camera in our RV!" xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back