• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Not If You Were the Last

Well, in the 1st post of the OOC section I refer to it hitting pandemic proportions in early August 2016 By late August 10% of the population was dead. However the disease ran its course like walking pneumonia, lasting a few months. The disease was already active and had killed for about 3 months. Duncan's mother worked at UNM medical center for cancer research. That became a center for patients in that area. Coastal cities like NYC, LA, Miami and Seattle were hit sooner.

sorry guys, I had people over last night so I was pretty busy. should I just keep Mara in Jerry's RV so they can come back and tell them? or what

@RIPSaidCone I think he meant 2015 so right now it's 2016.

@aergie no worries. Life happens. :D they'd moved to Mara and Babettes RV for dinner so she could engage Jerry in conversation when Babette and Duncan leave. :D

Sigh .. I am getting my own dates mixed up. Current date is Sept 3, 2016. The date of the start of the RP was Aug 27, 2016. So I messed up the dates above. Should have been 2015. Basically it has been 1 to 1.25 years since the start of the Plague. Even longer in a few areas. Oddly enough, the hardest hit regions were America, Russia, Iceland and Norway. the UK. IE ... the regions the scientists and their core samples went. Or places they emigrated to.

Yep, and gave Babette and Duncan time for a quick chat. Time for Duncan to flirt a little...

Ah, okay. That's cool. Thanks for correcting it.

I mean, I guess we could say the NG training got cut off half-way due to the Plague and leave it there? If that's okay with you obviously, since I'm not that fond of rewriting a good amount of the background at the moment. (Although I wouldn't be against it)

@Mitheral

I edited the sheet a little bit. She took up an interest in survival skills and weaponry among all of her more rebellious activities. As she flunked high school most days, and literally had nothing much else to do. She did sign up for the NG, but only got through some of her training when the Plague hit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still a lot of stuff in there about her post, etc. I also noticed her weight made no sense. 82 kg is over 180 pounds ... the weight of a well muscled male that stands 6'0". Maybe I should edit?

Okay did that ... lol .. for the weight part I just wiped out the Weight line altogether. For the NG stuff, I got rid of references to abandoning a post ... as she wouldn't have one yet. Pretty much any weapon that can make it into the hands of civilians, police, or nat Guard is easily obtainable. Even a tank is easily obtainable. But the things really suck for fuel, so probably not the best thing to get. LOL, Duncan has been "racing" with jets - taxiing them on the runways. There is an annual air show that would have been about to start when the Plague hit.

Speaking of vehicles, how has she been getting around? Most people don't realize how fast utilities fail and gasoline goes bad. By this time any fuel in cars has gone bad. Diesel does last longer, but even that is going bad now. And without power fuel pumps don't work.

Oh if you guys want to do the meet and greet for a change with @RIPSaidCone 's character, that would work. By now the PEOPLE ==>signs are likely pulled up and loaded onto the train. But if she is coming from NYC she'd like be using I 40 westbound. The truck stop is at the junction of I 25 and I 40. The rail yard is about 2 miles south of there on I 25. And the old base was back east about 10 miles along I 40.

Alright. Sounds good. Also a police horse that she found is how she gets around. Since she's not really in the realm of academic prowess or car knowledge to be able to get a vehicle to run without good oil. It does obviously take a lot longer to get places, but it's reliable. And food for a horse isn't terribly hard to find.

So how would we meet? I'm heading one way you're heading the other. Would you be on the train or scouting ahead or something!

@RIPSaidCone since Duncan is being a busy bee right now, I'll post on after doing some chores. Babette will most likely be gathering the livestock if you wanna add that in your post. Just know she's really cautious. Lol.

Look at the Old Towne Farm (Google maps link) ... that is where the others would start driving livestock from. It's not very far fortunately. But it IS a farm ... and has feed set out .. fresh feed, not moldy, etc. Good chance they will see you coming well before you get there. They are using thermographic scans with increasing. Duncan is watching out for the military.

The Rio Grande would also mean water for the horse. I would say the group should be able to meet you anywhere from the Truck Stop to the Old Farm. I'd love to have Duncan drive by in his Mclaren, but odds are he would move the fancy cars onto the train early on and be using a truck to pull trailers now. The others can be more liberal.

Guys, by now you'll have had lots of practice with the drones. Duncan has about 120 of them .. He does nothing in half measure. Assume at least one of you is assigned to fly one up and look for movements every hour or better. And you should all have CB's.

LOL, Duncan would probably just look at the newcomer, sigh and gesture. "Another straggler. Stay or go; up to you. If you are coming with us, get the glue factory on the train. She's second in command here (points at Babette); I'm first. Do what she tells you."

Right so I'll post about my char riding into Albuquerque via the I-40. And you guys'll move out via the I-25, its a pretty big intersection so direct contact isn't likely. You guys would probably shout upon me getting close enough? Water would do good for the horse too as would the seed.

Yeah. The map seems easy enough to understand. I'm glad everything is rather close to each other. Adding another person to the group should also be interesting.

I'll be home in like an hour or so to get Mara involved in the livestock roundup. just going to my roommates hockey game. feel free to hijack her. sorry!!

Oh .. lol. Duncan is riding around everywhere with Pele along for the ride - rather than tossing him in with the rest of the livestock. If anyone looks and pokes fun, he'll just say "What?" as if nothing is unusual.

Tamara is going to have about a dozen horses, 50 head of cattle, about 40 goats, 30 sheep, a dozen llamas, 20 pigs, 40 chickens, several peacocks, etc, etc ... once everything is rounded up. Rough counts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back