• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Not If You Were the Last

Oh ... and @sodeviousxo You got it wrong. When Babette shows off some of her cheerleader moves, Jerry might shoot HIMSELF in the foot.

@Mitheral I'm not sure if Babette will be showing off any moves. Unless, of course, a uniform in her size magically shows up, then she might be tempted to relive her cheering days. A matching set of poms and she wouldn't refuse! Haha

Until that happens, he can admire her doing yoga. =p

lol .. He and Duncan need to find a couple pairs of repeating cap guns and oversized sombrero hats for the occasion.

And there you go ... hints at some of the bad stuff in the area. Thoughts of scenes from "100" come to mind. And in case you were wondering, the stuff about nukes, bunkers, PHASR's and the like are all based on fact. So are the techniques Duncan is using. (Remember, I worked military intelligence. I have also been inside the weapons lab at Kirtland AFB. Don't worry, I am being very vague and looking stuff up on wiki to make sure it is unclassified stuff I use here.)

That picture of Jack comes from that show. It is a TV show about post WW III. The story begins with survivors of the war in a base in space formed of the remaining orbital platforms various countries on both sides of the war had at the time. generations later the base is on the verge of death by attrition of maintenance supplies. The "100" refers to 100 children convicted of capital crimes ranging from breaking a regulation, to theft, to really any possible offense. There was only one punishment - death.

When command realizes that the base can no longer sustain its population they send down 100 children to see if they can survive before deorbiting the people on the base.

While it is a slight spoiler, you can imagine it would be a pretty short TV series if they couldn't. In fact, the 100 soon learn that they are not alone on the planet.

Oh ... one TV show that Duncan has watched one season of is Last Man on Earth. (Comedy) He has sworn never to become like Phil... @sodeviousxo knows what I mean.

@Mitheral Don't remember you mentioning those fun facts about yourself but good to know! Just got the chance to get on the computer so I'm gonna reread some posts and get back to you guys. And definitely, don't be a Phil Miller. Boom.

Hmm, thought I had. Yep ... worked for NSA once upon a time. I had a sister that worked for Sandia Labs (Kirtland AFB) and later NASA.

... And Phil was his own worst enemy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha .. yes he was. I loved when the group voted that he had to change his name.

"Hey .. Jerry. Check that right rear tire, would ya?"

I actually had someone try that on me once. I almost fell for it too. In my defense, we had just worked a 16 hour day and it was 0100 in the morning. I was a little tired. I got the door open, stopped and looked back at the guy and asked, "Really?" Hey, it was still funny.

Wanting to do a short 1x1 with Babette over in Duncan's trailer after the meal.

@RIPSaidCone No military characters. She would have been too young to join when the Plague started. She'd have never completed Basic. She would have been 16 at the oldest back then. Also, a GED or HS diploma - both highly unlikely given her background. Third, the would have to be a US citizen. She wouldn't have lived in the US long enough for naturalization.

Under the age of 17 one has to have a strong academic record that demonstrates discipline to be considered - even with a waiver from parents.

She COULD have gone into ROTC in high school and had a couple years there. So it is still possible to develop skills.

I edited it to say she never fully finished training due to the Plague. And y'know, the military just scrambled to get whoever they could to try and "control" the situation. (I did realize that she would've been too young to finish training before the Plague began so I did edit it)

Also, don't you have to live in the US for 4 years and then you can join the military? She'd have lived there for 6-7 by the time she enlisted. And you can apply to for citizenship via Naturalization after 3-5 years of permanent residence. Although I do agree that it isn't as likely that she'd get in due to her academic qualities lacking. What do you suggest I do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not so sure it is even that long. Just need a Green card with Perm Resident status. So ignore the part about naturalization. Age is the real problem.

She wouldn't have been old enough to start training - at least not as a member of the US Armed Forces. However, as I said, ROTC is quite possible. It is open to high school freshmen. I might suggest she develop a friendship with a military family and get unofficial training, outdoor camping and survival experience, etc that way. I was getting that sort of experience at age 7. I got training from Marines at age 12 -at the very base we are using in the RP at the moment it so happens. Learned to rappel there. They had that very cool 40 foot tower. And I had no fear of heights. "BONZAI!!! DEATH FROM ABOVE!!!"

She could join the National Guard or the Army Reserves. Unlike the active-duty, they don't have Delayed Entry, and as soon as you sign up, you're IN the Guard or Reserves. So she could go through National Guard training at 17 and have her training cut short near the end by the Plague striking. - I thought it was only the Japanese that yelled Bonzai? xD

Army Reserves would not be an option - the education would be an issue.

In either case she'd have been too young to join.

How long ago did the Plague strike? I'm under the presumption that it was a year ago?

(Mostly sure NG isn't a problem for education)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back