• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy No Mortals - An over-the-top, sci-fi/fantasy RP

@Rurnur

I fixed it •-•

4,3,2,1,1 11

Also that is kind of a big issue with what @Sputnik said not that she just skipped the roll but anyone who chooses to be a defensive type apparently has an overwhelming advantage

It's probably just cause it's the beginning and people still have 1s in their stats, it probably won't be a problem in the future

@Rurnur @Sputnik

Well I guess Rurnur is right because some of us will have 1 point stats for awhile but, then it becomes a weird toss up. I mean if someone has lets say 5 agility versus 3 accuracy then if the agility rolls a 4 or 5 they instantly dodge without the other character standing a chance?

Same would go with Defense versus Strength

@Rurnur I have to go to bed now. I'll probably post more around 8 hours from now. When I wake up, my character can spar with anyone else who hasn't gone or just wants to spar for the practice. Night, y'all.

Eh, I guess. Just saying that there seems to be something off with it. I mean if you can instantly block or evade stuff everytime because they don't have a chance of reaching the same number those stats take further Priority over all others.

Isn't that only when a character puts 1 into a single stat? That won't be a problem in the future. Would you rather everyone has the same stats?

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh, probably, I'm just mentioning it because that seems like it could grow into a problem later. I'm trying to help out thats all >_<

Ok even if someone has 1 strength and they go up against someone with 10 defense they still have a chance to hit them. If they have only 1 in a stat then the probably have higher stats that they can use to counteract and bide their time until that chance comes.

In vaguer terms of anyone has a higher number in a defensive stat over someone's attack or defense and they roll a number that the other character has zero possibility of achieving they would instantly win.

For instance how Sputnik got a three, even if I had two points in strength then I still wouldn't be able to pass her barrier at all because I lack the ability to reach the same number as her.

Thats what I'm trying to say here

Well that is the whole point of each character having different stats, it's so they are better than other characters at some things and worse at others

Maybe we could have preset stats depending on the method of attack,and three or so extra stat points for each character to put where they choose?

@Lana Valentine ... Then that means that I blocked you for 1 attack. The next attack I may get a 1 and then you get a 2 or we could both get 1's and you would hit me or we could both get 2's and you would hit me. There is a lot of random chance involved as well.

I'm just saying that there's a simpler and fairer idea for everyone that is also less confusing >_>

Don't make the stats equal faces instead equal die amounts.

So I have two Dice to roll with two strength and she has Three dice with her roll for Defensive but all dice has six faces it's fairer to everyone else instead of giving someone an instant win number

@Lana Valentine but if you want to attack once, what then? Just take the total number the dice give? How about twice in one post?

@Noivian

Well you shouldn't be attacking twice in a single post anyway O.o

And then it's just numbers I roll 2 dice and get 4 and 6 and she rolls three and gets 5, 2, 6 she still has an advantage due to the extra dice but can't instantly win due to my incapability to reach the number 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back