• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy No Mortals - An over-the-top, sci-fi/fantasy RP

@Lana Valentine sorry didn't see your roll when I typed up my response

Yes, 40 base damage

Lana with 2 points in defense has 10% damage reduction

damage reduction is 4

attack does 36 damage

@Lana Valentine @Rurnur

I thought it was 5% passive damage resistance for each point if you are prepared for the attack. I don't think we have sneak attack's though so I'm not sure what the prepared part means.

Remember we decided that it would be percentage instead of just reducing the attack by so many points. Since you have 2 defense that gives you 10% damage reduction if you are "prepared" for the attack. Again I'm not sure what "prepared" means in this scenario.

I made my Wall begun firming the previous action so it was prepared to defend me. That was my take on it >_0 I could be wrong of course but I thought that's what it meant

@Sputnik It was just my choice of words the "prepared" doesn't really mean anything, unless maybe we could make it so you don't resist damage when you fail to evade? I'm not sure though

I think that defense shouldn't stack on itself. It shouldn't matter how prepared you are, it depends on your defense stat.

@Rurnur

If you use Agility to evade you should take full damage because you weren't technically making a defense

If you block you should take less because you were trying to shrug the attack off and such...

Also to everyone else, sorry about the whole debate thing. Was just trying to make things fairer to everyone so I thought that was the best way to do it.

@Noivian

Was talking about failures for the stats not successes.... If you succeed either stat you take zero damage either way

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that defense also refers to your natural ability to defend yourself even without making a block. So I think it should just be a passive all around thing that works even if you fail an evade, I think it is fairer that way.

Haha, I was watching that movie too! It's great, isn't it?

xD haha be jealous

Last edited by a moderator:
Boop boop. This rp has inspired me. I kinda want to do something similar, but different at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back