• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Nightingale Meeting Hall (OOC)

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Honestly, I thought I was gonna be Allison. Or one of Ari's kids, not Ari himself. That's great tho
I'm gonna bring Alison in as well. I'm just gonna remake her CS and put it in the CS section (since she works with Ari)

I really don't want Ari to be a main, which is why I put in the LORE. He's meant to be a hall of fame article

Sure, but Void Magic can only be used if taking Magic as a secondary. Even then, it's the ONLY magic you can use. No magic items and no casting magic other than Anti-Magic

I see.
So I was wondering, does scientific light actually fall under light magic? Or is it Thauma? Same for radiation.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1
Is it possible to focus on making enhanced runes?
Like, studying enough to improve upon the limits of that system?
It's possible, but I ask the intent. Runes and Runic Magic (which here would fall into Physical) is more versatile but always weaker than cast versions of the spells

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 For Casting time, can I just assume that my posts (when I've stated that me boi's casting a spell) already take a minute or something? Or is there an actual system to determine this because if I end up casting an hour long spell (MOST LIKELY BEFORE COMBAT, HAH) I'll be like, posting lots of internal monologue and observation than interacting because y'know, concentration and stuff.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 For Casting time, can I just assume that my posts (when I've stated that me boi's casting a spell) already take a minute or something? Or is there an actual system to determine this because if I end up casting an hour long spell (MOST LIKELY BEFORE COMBAT, HAH) I'll be like, posting lots of internal monologue and observation than interacting because y'know, concentration and stuff.
Personally, I never have my characters say an entire incantation. Maybe a sentence or 2. They mostly just say the name of the spell like they're throwing out Yugioh cards or giving Pokemon Commands

Do whatever's comfortable, because full incantations are fairly incompatible with a forum RP IMO

Personally, I never have my characters say an entire incantation. Maybe a sentence or 2. They mostly just say the name of the spell like they're throwing out Yugioh cards or giving Pokemon Commands

Do whatever's comfortable, because full incantations are fairly incompatible with a forum RP IMO
Oh I mean, like, as for the Find Familiar and Find Steed spells -- I thought he wouldn't do incantation but more so focusing aether energy to summon 'em (BUT TRUE, so...if I DO cast those long-hour prep spells does it mean such time had passed? Because that's one of the main drawbacks of aether magic I suppose?)

For the 1 minute casting time spells, yeah I'll probably just get him to prep it in the first post and it'll come alive the 2nd post. If it sounds confusing, I'll try make it in work in the RP (and if it doesn't then I'll figure something else out LOL)

Oh I mean, like, as for the Find Familiar and Find Steed spells -- I thought he wouldn't do incantation but more so focusing aether energy to summon 'em (BUT TRUE, so...if I DO cast those long-hour prep spells does it mean such time had passed? Because that's one of the main drawbacks of aether magic I suppose?)

For the 1 minute casting time spells, yeah I'll probably just get him to prep it in the first post and it'll come alive the 2nd post. If it sounds confusing, I'll try make it in work in the RP (and if it doesn't then I'll figure something else out LOL)
A charge period actually works in an RP. When I've done that, I typically hint it at the bottom of the post unless they're doing that in combat with another player, then I just hide it in the post itself.

Go with the charge period. The prep, then the release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back