Next Marvel [Inactive]

"Red! EVAN!! Listen to me!! You can take control!! Please!! You have come a long way keep it in! Don't let everything that Jean, your mother, and Charles have done for you become wasted!!"

Tri said to Evan, now is the Dark Phoenix. Marcus also calls out to him. Both of them still hope somewhere in that body, Evan could hear their voice.

"Listen to me, Red! It's not about Jean, it's not about Hope, not even Red, or Green. IT'S YOU! YOU ARE THE PHOENIX! YOU CAN DO IT!!"

"Charles is dead. My mother, the one I know nothing of, was beaten before my very eyes." The anger rose as tears fell from his eyes. "I sacrificed everything I was or will ever be for this task. And you know what? I died." He turned away from the figures, who appeared where he turned.

"That is right. You died to save the world." the green one mused.

"Regardless, the fact that I died should prove that I am no longer worthy." Evan stated briskly. "And the Dark Phoenix is terrorizing the place anyway. It was in vain."

"It's not about what you are worth, but what you do besides that. You were born for this role. We have tempered you for this role. Accept your fate as the Heir of the Crown." they said together. Evan held his arms to his chest.

"But there is nothing there for me." he whispered.

the duo waved their hands and voices flooded the room.

"We.. need you. Here. With us. I need you. Because tomorrow.. We can't do tomorrow without you. I need you there with me Evan, because you can keep me together."

"Listen to me, Red! It's not about Jean, it's not about Hope. IT'S YOU! YOU ARE THE PHOENIX! YOU CAN DO IT!!"

"Will you accept it, or leave them to die?" they asked, holding out their hands.

Evan thought for a second. His friends. Marc. They needed him.

He took one step closer.

---

"Really? Is that what I look like when I'm mad?"

Evan stepped out of the flames, now a blinding white. He wore nothing but a pair of flowing white pants, barefooted.

"You guys couldn't handle that?" he asked. He lifted his hand and burned his old body where it stood.

---

"Lord Kilgore, the boy has become the true host, as planned." A butler stated, then left the room rather quickly.

His employer sat forward in his desk, tenting his fingers together in victory. "Excellent." he said, grinning deviously to himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marcus watched as the Phoenix burned before him. This is it. I'm probably going to die here.

Then it dissipated in a flash, and Evan stepped forth. He looked up at him, blood still obscuring his vision. "W-welcome b-back." He murmured, then passed out.

Crispin eyed the alcohol up on the counter. "Hey Ari?" he asked quietly, staring at the now very disturbed party. "What's going on?"

Tri stops for a second, he looks at Evan, can't find a word.

"It's the fucking Dark Phoenix, what do you think?"

Tri said after watching Marcus drop on the floor, and then he looks at Evan, smirking at them, again.

"I.was.not.worried.a.bit" Tri said

"We need to leave." Evan said as he picked up Marcus' body. "I'm getting sick of this place. Where did you 'park'?" he asked, snickering to himself.

As they walked out of the battered entrance, he nudged Marc awake.

"Hey, I heard you up there." he smirked. "I need you too." he then added.

"Are you sure you read the map right?" Casper asked Peter while they were still looking for the missing group. "Yes for the hundredth time I'm sure Casper" Peter replied rolling his eyes.

"He isn't here...and we don't have time to go looking for him either. We have a previous appointment." Evan said out loud, stepping over bullet casings. "Cas is on her way." he said to Tri.

"Alright. Marcus needs medial attention, too." Tri said "And about the Black Bird...well..."

Tri stops when he smelled Casper.

"Oh...Guess we still have a ride home."

This isn't what I thought being dead would be like. Too much... breathing, and voices. Yeah, that's it. There are too many voices for you to be dead.

That's good. You're not dead. Being dead would suck, especially considering you have all this unresolved crap between Casper and Evan to deal with. Oh, and you're job. God, SHIELD would hate you if you died doing a job that wasn't even yours to do. That'd be funny.

He was certainly in life-threatening condition, at least. He had enough glass to furnish a cathedral embedded in him, and he had lost a lot of blood. His skin grew paler and colder every passing moment.

"that...sounded so wrong..." Tri said "And about that, Phoenix power is too much for me to handle. Keep this up and I think I'm gonna explode. Could you take it back?"

"I would...if not for you nagging about it every 15 minutes." Evan sighed. "Just think of it as a fail-safe. That's what I did." He laughed. "Besides, it feels nice inside you, big guy. You're a big softie underneath it all."

"Oh my gosh Tri!" Casper said thankfully and ran over towards him and the others. "What the hell is going on here?" She questioned.

Oh god this hurts this hurts. The adrenaline had worn off, just enough for his barely conscious mind to feel the overwhelming pain of his collected wounds. Somebody just kill me, Jesus. My liver can handle a lot, but glass doesn't go down like alcohol.

Casper. That was her voice, for sure. Why was she here? She had a party to be at, unless she actually did care about them. I'm touched.

"I'm a Stark, corse I've got beer" Casper said until she noticed Marcus's almost lifeless body "HOLY S**T! What happened to Marcus?!" Casper said shocked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back