Next Marvel [Inactive]

Ari looked around, reaching out to almost touch the stars. Her eyes sparkled in the light of the gaseous explosion.

Spencer chuckled and waved his hand. A tiny orb of light that came from the explosion floated to Ari. "Have it, don't worry it's safe."

Ari touched it, holding the ball of light in her hand, staring at it. It was the best she had felt in days. She started twirling around, basking in the light.

Spencer smiled. The world suddenly returned to normal. "Alas, I must leave and do my work...and I apologize in advanced for what's to come." He waved his hands once more, a locket appeared and the tiny star went inside it. "From this moment forevermore, this shall never leave you no matter what." He suddenly dived off the roof and disappeared.

"Something like...." He waved his arm, willing a white and gold uniform over his body. It was sleeveless with finger-less bracers for each arm and boots of the same golden color. On his chest was the insignia, shining a mute white gold. Each muscle on his body was hugged close, as if the suit was a second skin.

"Too much?" he asked.

"WHOA! That thing is shiny! You look amazing in it though. I didn't know you were so uhh buff..." Casper said looking him up and down. "Anyways! Yeah, its great! For someone like me it would be too much but for you its perfect. I my Avengers outfit is just a brown trench coat and a black and maroon cat suit, nothing much." Casper said.

Ari clasped the locket and looked at it. It was a small heart pendant with a open front, showing the soft glow of the star. She tucked it underneath her shirt and went downstairs.

"I kinda like it...definitely feels right." He said, coming back down to the ground. "And, my butt looks awesome." hew said, twisting comically to look at it. "I think you'd look better in a suit." He said to Cas, raising one eyebrow.

"No trench coat cause I was kind of going for that whole Gambit look" Casper laughed. "I'm a combat fighter so I can't wear anything to bulky and I do not want to wear something that would make me look like a slut." Casper said laughing at the fact for the first time in her life a man had given her fashion advice, and she loved it.

"Well...I think we can come to a medium..." Evan said, thinking. He'd save that idea for later. With another wave of his hand, he was back in his shorts and sneakers. "Anybody want food? I feel like cooking." he said, pointing his thumb at the elevator. "Gotta kill time somehow."

Ari stared out the window smiling. If the world looked like that in the begging, she would live though it again, and again, and again. She looked at the small star, smiling.

Marcus came back to where everyone had been, only to find them missing. He took the stairs, headed down to the kitchen. The good news could wait for a while anyway, so it wouldn't be the end of the world if they had to wait another ten minutes to hear that he had made the deal successfully.

Evan's face turned a dark shade of pink at Cas' question. He tried keeping his feelings a secret, being that Marcus seemed distanced from that kind of thing anyway. He knew work came first, and when push came to shove Marc would do anything to accomplish the mission.

"Er...um....uhhhh...." The elevator arrived, saving Evan from having to spill his guts.

"Well, we can go to the kitchen now, what do you guys want?" he asked, trying to push a subject change.

"Well I'll just have pizza or something. I really don't care" Casper said and noticed Marcus and said "Hi Marcus, how was the phone call with SHIELD?" smiling.

Ari continued to stare out the window until she heard voices. She silently tucked away her little star and walked over to get herself some lemonade.

"We're free to mess with the Oculus a bit. What's got Phoenix-Boy blushing?" He asked, raising an eyebrow as he stepped into the elevator after the others.

'Bastard.' Evan thought as he lightly punched Marc's shoulder. Something was off about his friend, but hopefully it wasn't something to worry about.

"I'll make pizzas and we can discuss plans over dinner. Seems easy enough, right?" he asked, avoiding eye contact with Marc.

"I don't know. Anyways, is SHIELD going to boost the satellite them selves or is that my job?" 
"Hey Ari" Casper added when she saw the ginger girl getting something to drink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back