Naruto Rebirth: Knights OOC

I started with the Fate route and it left me with a lot of questions, which helped me get deeper into the franchise. I can see why Fate/Zero can be a good starting point for a beginner, but since it's a prequel, I think it still takes some things away from the experience of the other routes. I haven't read many of the mana adaptions, but I'll likely dive into them soon.

I had a theory that one of their kids would be named Ringo, since apples are red in color and it takes the "go" from Akago's name.

Genes don't seem to matter much in anime, but it makes for some interesting designs.

There's barely any manga adaptations. With side materials, the Fate/Apocrypha and Fate/strange fake manga are still ongoing. I remember one being made for the Fate route, not sure if they also did UBW and HF. You're shit out of luck for F/HA, the only way you'll get the story is to play through it, though it's pretty simple and could easily be summarized. I feel like starting with Fate/Zero eliminates some of the mystery of what lead to the events of F/SN. Oh, and if @Pequeno Burraidh ends up depressed after Fate/Zero, go watch Carnival Phantasm for the Fate parts. Though it might tempt you into Tsukihime since those parts are equally fun.

There's barely any manga adaptations. With side materials, the Fate/Apocrypha and Fate/strange fake manga are still ongoing. I remember one being made for the Fate route, not sure if they also did UBW and HF. You're shit out of luck for F/HA, the only way you'll get the story is to play through it, though it's pretty simple and could easily be summarized. I feel like starting with Fate/Zero eliminates some of the mystery of what lead to the events of F/SN. Oh, and if @Pequeno Burraidh ends up depressed after Fate/Zero, go watch Carnival Phantasm for the Fate parts. Though it might tempt you into Tsukihime since those parts are equally fun.

I think the Fate manga also adapted the UBW route, and minor parts of HF. I also have vague memories of a 4-koma style manga.

You never know what might happen in the future. Although, he already went through his one-eye phase.

So far the questions I have are-

1. How exactly are heroes chosen to be Servants. Hero is a loose term of course, so what are the specifics that relegate them to Servant status?
  2. So apparently, via magic, Master's can fight Servants with paper xD  But on a serious note, how the hell does that work, and would it even be viable in anything other than the short term?

So far the questions I have are-

1. How exactly are heroes chosen to be Servants. Hero is a loose term of course, so what are the specifics that relegate them to Servant status?
  2. So apparently, via magic, Master's can fight Servants with paper xD  But on a serious note, how the hell does that work, and would it even be viable in anything other than the short term?
  1. Their legend has to be well-known, when the Spirits of humans achieve great deeds in life they get removed from the cycle of reincarnation and placed into the Throne of Heroes. Anti-Heroes who are distorted legends can be summoned as Servants like Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde and Jack the Ripper. So long as they've managed to become worshiped after death they can become Heroic Spirits. F/SN's Archer is an exception and the specifics of this are explained in Unlimited Blade Works.
  2. Magecraft and Martial Arts are some serious shit in the Nasuverse. Typically, Servants can't be harmed with modern weapons, though if something like a bullet was imbued with magic then it'd be as deadly to them as it would be to a normal human.This also applies to fists. Basically, you just need to pump tons of mana into stuff to harm Servants. So something as small as a paper-knife could potentially kill a Servant if imbued with enough magical energy.

1. Their legend has to be well-known, when the Spirits of humans achieve great deeds in life they get removed from the cycle of reincarnation and placed into the Throne of Heroes. Anti-Heroes who are distorted legends can be summoned as Servants like Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde and Jack the Ripper. So long as they've managed to become worshiped after death they can become Heroic Spirits. F/SN's Archer is an exception and the specifics of this are explained in Unlimited Blade Works.
  2. Magecraft and Martial Arts are some serious shit in the Nasuverse. Typically, Servants can't be harmed with modern weapons, though if something like a bullet was imbued with magic then it'd be as deadly to them as it would be to a normal human.This also applies to fists. Basically, you just need to pump tons of mana into stuff to harm Servants. So something as small as a paper-knife could potentially kill a Servant if imbued with enough magical energy.

Okay, so this leads to the second question, would more isolated areas of the world have their own set of Heroes, or even Heroes more likely to only be recognised by them?

Because theoretically if there were mages deep in the Congo, and the Congo had a tale of a man gthat once beat back a mercenary troupe of a thousand men, and it's been around for years, wouldn't that make him a hero to them, even if no one else knew about them. But then on the inverse, would a Congo mage have less access to other servants, such as, say if King George, or Elizabeth Bathory, or some other chuckle head from the UK, because they wouldn't know their tales?

In addendum to the above, what if one wished to become a Hero after winning? Just out of curiosity.

Okay, so this leads to the second question, would more isolated areas of the world have their own set of Heroes, or even Heroes more likely to only be recognised by them?

Because theoretically if there were mages deep in the Congo, and the Congo had a tale of a man gthat once beat back a mercenary troupe of a thousand men, and it's been around for years, wouldn't that make him a hero to them, even if no one else knew about them. But then on the inverse, would a Congo mage have less access to other servants, such as, say if King George, or Elizabeth Bathory, or some other chuckle head from the UK, because they wouldn't know their tales?

In addendum to the above, what if one wished to become a Hero after winning? Just out of curiosity.

One does not simply...wish to become a hero.

That's a Home Field Advantage, Servants grow stronger if they're in the country of origin/sphere of influence. So long as that Congo mage has the catalyst for a foreign Servant, they would be able to summon them in a Holy Grail War that takes place there. At one point, I think there's mention of how someone like Heracles is basically an auto-win in Greece and Fate/Apocrypha makes it a plot point that Vlad III was summoned in Romania. Also, Elizabeth Bathory is a Servant. This is Liz:

elizabeth1.jpg

Since she has a bloody legend like Vlad, the personal skill Innocent Monster turned her into a half-dragon. Though, as the Bathory Crest has a dragon, in the Nasuverse this apparently means that she has some dragon blood mixed in. Carmilla, whose legend is based on Elizabeth, is also a Servant.

Addendum: Not sure, though they'd probably become a Counter Guardian. No one has actually managed to win the Holy Grail War and get a wish in the franchise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back