Naruto - Back to Basics - OOC

Minor actions can include Analyzing a Fighting Style (so you know what they Laugh at and Fear, to influence bonuses). Another minor action could be trying to remove a status effect like being Disrupted. Or causing a status effect.

And status effects are called marvels and they have their own proper names and each does different stuff but they all operate the same in that you burn a pair of at least 2 matching dice and add the appropriate skill or stat to it

Now then. Onto Ripples. Ripples are given to your foe, when you successfully attack them. And if you are successfully attacked you get a Ripple.

These stack, and are used to help cause nasty effects upon the other.

Yeah what part is causing you trouble in specific?

Also honestly I think it might be best to walk you through the char gen and then show how to do rolls and a combat walk through using only the externals and slowly adding the other stuff in.

Anyway from the start.

What character concept you got in mind?

Describe him/her and their qualities and stuff.[Also chill and feel the groove flow

I created this room to help with the game and I believe that live chat's interactivity is a bit better for explaining things better than churning out blocks of text.

Anyway just click on the link and I'll be awaiting your input. 😉

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool.

Me and Mech are chilling there.

Just type and one of us will respond 
Actually we got another dude on too

Anyway I'd like to welcome Death star to the group. We just finished helping him make his character and it's accepted once once does a couple of things.

First I think it's dumb you have to buy yin-yang twice so just take back one point of destiny and I'll let that one iteration count for both.

Second I'm gonna need you to list the first level tech of you internal which is free.

Then for finishing touches spend your like 9 destiny on stuff. Take note of your cultivation points and then tally up your chi threshold. After that you're golden.

Also waiting on you kin and crystal if he's online

Okay! I may have to hold off on joining this. The specifics and rules are super in-depth. Too much so for me. If you all begin it, I'll take a look and follow along to see if I can catch what's happening, but for now, I don't see me being able to enter =/

You sure you just don't want to hop on the chat some day you got free time and give it a try? Me and mech managed to get it explained to Death star who got up a character in the same day and you already have one kinda done.

I know the book is far from clear with explaining itself in an easy manner. But the rules aren't terribly in-depth as you think; it just tosses a lot of jargon and hard to follow writing. The game's combat and status effect are the same thing and you're just doing basic addition for the numbers aspect

I might have to back out so I have time for NaNoWriMo, which I'm doing next week. I might have time until the 1st, but I'd prefer to keep that time for planning.

Come end of semester into the block known as winter break I'll whip you and this into activity

Technically finals for me are December and I get weeks off sometime after Turkey Day for finals.

But I'm sure you'll agree that running this during Finals study time is unwise and suicidal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back