Naruto - Back to Basics - OOC

demo's ending.

Also keep in mind because I'm covering everything you can do within one single fight along with the basic stuff of attacking/defending and the damage system.

I'll t;ldr it at the end

And then Ill help with char gen

Shaping

Breathing

The inevitable rippling penalty that got inflicted

and end of combat rippling

I explained some of the stuff in the first parts of the OOC.

But yeah I'll give a run down.

Chi is your magic more or less and is used for activating stuff as well as the chi aura detailed in the combat demo.

Lore sheets are just that. They get bought and represent something your character is tied to as well as letting you buy stuff exclusive to that shit

Internals are your Kung-fu techniques that are powered by chi. Externals are more like your fighting style or in Naruto setting terminology would be you taijutsu and the externals provide the backbone for your fighting stats and their techniques are more like upgrades to the existing style

Yeah chi and chakra are the same thing.

brb dinner

May I suggest you open the PDF I linked and skim book of wood?

Okay for Lore Sheets imagine as this.

It is like your Ninja Clan. You know like Uchicha and Uzumaki and stuff.

Buying Lore Sheets, with your Desiny Bucks, you'll get various benefits and plot stuff. Depending on what Lore Sheet you bought.

And I'd also suggest giving the PDF section Book of Wood a read.

Last edited by a moderator:
And back

Yeah going through book of wood is useful since it's pretty much going to cover the very basics of the rules as well as the char gen part.

Also for loresheets it's not just say a clan. It could be anything of story relevance that you could use to buy goodies and plot items.

For example take the Liquid Metal Delegates who are the Jinyiwei or ancient chinese secret police. Who's sheet might be copied in structure for ANBU type dickery organizations.

--------------------------------------

The Liquid Metal Delegates

Destiny Cost: 5

Concept: The eyes and fists of the Empire across the Jiang Hu.

Orphans from all across of Shen Zhou; raised by secret masters to be the eyes and hands of the Empire in the chaotic world of martial arts. Bringing criminals to justice, investigating mysteries, uncovering conspiracies, and trying to bring imperial law to a lawless world – it is all in a day’s work for the Delegates!

Virtues: Legalism, Yi (Righteousness), Zhong (loyalty)

Secrets of Destiny: The Liquid Metal Delegates

2+ Status: You are a member of the Liquid Metal Delegates. You were an orphan raised to be a servant of the law; you are most likely a constable, ranger, soldier or even a wandering judge or tax collector. Regardless of your ties in the Fighting Community, you owe your greater loyalty to the Empire. The Liquid Metal Delegates have no formal structure or leadership. They usually travel alone or in small groups, and they openly identify themselves as agents of the Empire. Despite a lack of organization delegates have a strong loyalty to each other - and barring extraordinary circumstances, members help each another even if they were not previously

acquainted.

0 Treasure: If you are a member of the Liquid Metal Delegates, you may purchase one Special Weapon combining the characteristics of two weapons at a -2 discount.

2 Treasure: If you are a member of the Liquid Metal Delegates, you may purchase an ordinary object that functions as or perfectly hides a normal weapon, but is otherwise indistinguishable from an ordinary object of its type. if this is a Special Weapon the cost is 3 Destiny .

0 Bonus: If you are a member of the Liquid Metal Delegates, you may purchase the Legalism Loresheet at a -2 Destiny discount.

5 Disadvantage: Clashing Loyalties. Sometimes the views and morals of the Martial Arts World do not match with those of the empire; normally you manage to reconcile both views and exist as a member of both worlds… but having purchased this Disadvantage, it will be a problem, gain a point of destiny when this gets you into trouble. (As usual, you only have to pay for these Disadvantages if you already have two or more.)

Secrets of Destiny: Liquid Metal Delegate Kung Fu

Like most societies, the Liquid Metal Delegates have their own training regimens expressing their mastery over their own select combat forms. As usual, you can not combine these secrets with Loresheet secret Techniques from other sects.

0: Bonus: As a member of the Liquid Metal Delegates, you get a one-time 2-Destiny discount when buying one of the following as a secondary External Style: Shadow Catching or Murderous Shadows

5 Technique: You learn Iron Shadow Skin. The Toughness bonus of your Murderous Shadows stance increases to +5.

5 Technique: You learn Liquid Slithering Darkness. When in the Murderous Shadows stance, your Strike bonus

increases to +15.

4 Technique: Inevitable Death Sentence. Learning the proper focus, you will never be deterred from your appointed task. When in the Shadow Catching stance, you never fear the style of anybody with a lower initiative than you - even if they use a weapon, technique or ability that says you should.

4 Technique: Instant Killing Blow. Internalizing countless lessons about the weak points of a human body – both vital organs and acupuncture points to disrupt the natural Chi Flows – you act in a split second to cause horrible damage. If you are in the Shadow Catching stance and your initiative is higher than the target of your attack, this style’s Damage bonus increases to +10.

2 Technique: Swirling Shadows. You can now also use the Shadow Catching style with flexible weapons.

The Invisible Hell Killers There are legends across the Jiang Hu of shadow agents of the Empire hiding among the Wulin - agents who may pose as regular Delegates or members of another faction. Yet, if their secret masters order them so, they would strike at comrades, masters or lovers without hesitation… like snakes in the grass.

3 Fortune: You are an Invisible Hell Killer - a shadow agent of the Empire hidden amongst the Martial Community! Due to secret techniques practiced on you during your training, your masters are always aware of your location and can make their will known to you. If you follow their orders, your power will rise - but if you doubt your purpose, you will be haunted by pain and weakness. Work with your Sage to design a Minor Paired Chi Condition that will grant you a Hyperactivity when you act to fulfill the orders of your masters, and a Weakness when you act against them.

1-5 Fortune: Declare that an NPC is really an Invisible Hell Killer in hiding. What is their true mission, and how will this affect the story?

Oh and just to note. The numbers listed next to the description is Destiny Cost to buy it.

In the example Ixa listed it costs 5 points to get the path itself and be able to buy the stuff inside.

The stuff inside has the cost, which is listed next to the description, required to acquire it.

Ixa, I don't quite think this will fit with Crystal and I. I also have next to zero knowledge of dice games, and all these stats and rolling the river, then figuring rippling has me tripping over myself. And if it's that way for me, then I can't imagine how it is for Falls e.e

I can see where you are coming from. Hell the system initially tripped me up.

But once you get going past the initial learning curve (which is steeper than other dice games admittedly) it's fairly easy to keep a hold on.

Ok done and also it's not that hard; only your unfamiliarity is making it seem worse than it is.

The system can be broken down in simple chunks.

For the dice all you're doing unless otherwise noted is rolling 7 dice with ten faces. And that is called your river.

[dice]2026[/dice]

With this list of numbers you'll pair the matches up into sets. These sets translate into numbers, where the ones digit is equal to the number on the dice, and the tens digit is equal to the amount of matching dice in the set. As you can see I got two 9s & 3s which would be read as 29 & 23. The dice without any pairs count as 10 +the number of the dice; so the rest would be 12, 17, 18.

Bigger is better is but there's nothing stopping from using a die out side of Minor Actions which require at least 2 matching dice. Minor actions of coursewill be explained a bit later.

Anyway once you got the one you want to use you add your appropriate skill or stat along with any other bonus/penalty and that number is your final result.

As mechaghoul said you can save dice for later and that's your river. At the current level we're starting you get two spaces. And you can use the store dice to either activate certain stuff or add to your roll hopefully to make bigger pairs.

So for example say I stored those 9's and next roll I got a 9? Well then I could dump those two nines and combine them to make a 39. Anyway with fights your stats are gonna be from the external you picked along with any techniques that may have upgraded them.

Like skills your stats will come in increments of five and you add the appropriate stat to the dice combo you chose.

Typically in combat you'll be wanting to hurt the other guy but sometimes you might want to do something else and that's cool too. Regardless that'll be your primary action and anything else you might want to do is called a minor action and will use a a pair.

[dice]2027[/dice]

So with this bunch of dice I got multiple pairs which is awesome. So I could use them and do three things or I could store a pair and do two.

Anyway for this hypothetical combat scene there's a dude in need of having his face in my fist. And I got a friend with his arm out of socket. With the stuff I got now I 'd punch his face using the pair of tens and add my strike score of 10 for a total of 30.

Then I'd use those two 4s with my medicine skill of 5 for a 29 which should pop the friend's arm back in.

And then I'd store the 23 or pair of 3's into my river for later

Users who are viewing this thread

Back