Naruto - Back to Basics - OOC

Ixacise, how do Secret Arts work? I am trying to read it and I am understanding nothing. Do we have to use a Minor Action to make shit up, do we have to do it outside of combat, do we get the bonus just by roleplaying, or how does this work?

With very extreme reduction it's basically rolling your archetype's SA skill to make a buff/debuff up.

However each class has their own naunces and context as well as themes. Warrior is kinda weird but most straightforward. They can "discover" someone's approach which gives a boost so long as they act in that way. However they can also teach a new approach to themselves or another which can be used to counter.

As for how to use it? I'd say pick a person to scan and I'll give you a difficulty and then next turn you can roll a 35 difficulty roll to assume it's controlling approach so you can have some sweet sweet laughs at against them.

With the other archetype's SAs they can be shown off later in a more straightforward manner. However in this fight if they have quick work they can use it as an attack. Such as Doctor's using fist of the north star pressure point shit or courtiers shit talking, or priests making voodoo.

Ah yeah, hn, do I need to spot any pre-existing passion of my target before rolling for a fun Secret Art to manipulate the Passion of whoever I choose as my target?

Well I mean I don't need to, but uh, what would I get if I spotted a pre-existing passion, buff in manipulating it, because I know exactly what I'm looking for and what nerves to hit?

Brute forcing is fine but like with all quick works it eats your chi, so it's a matter of balancing your consumption with your regen

Course, don't wanna eat up all the chi and take awhile to regen it. But for the detection of pre-existing passion roll, would that take up my primary action for the round?

Attacks are always gonna be like your primary move unless you really don't want to. A detection would just be a minor action

Well you could dedicate your primary to finding the affliction but chances are you're gonna dump a pair to the roll to increase the chance of success so why not just attack and then any pair for the detection?

Well course, I would want to detect the passion after all. More sense to do it with an attack, and then put any pair for the goal of finding a passion, so I don't have to brute force one in and burn chi.

Oh aside. @Bonnenheimer PSSST, you're up first if you didn't catch that.

Now for the Warrior, I don't quite get combat conditions. To use one, you have to narrate which element approach and a tactics minor action check?

Or must there be this training scene thing out of combat?

Actually warriors don't have any of those add-ons as it's more of like an analytical thing, and it seems more dependent on the techs you get on the SA. For warrior you just roll tactics and find out their fighting style and do stuff with it

This is NINJA DODGEBALL. Being hit won't knock you out. You are only out when you suffer the horrible fate of being pelted and getting so many ripples.

EDIT: Mask, you're gonna wanna make sure you add that Ripple you got in your Status and such.

Oh and your turn now.

Ehhh... Ixa I'm not sure what fluff Masq would need to do for the Disrupt Marvel she used against Bon, but I don't think tactics would be applied there.

She threw a ball to the knee, and tactics, does not feel correct for this approach. Plus it seems less like disrupt y'know?

Really? ._. I keep reading these tactics sections and something around that is what they sound like.

Is it more like positioning? A bounce shot? I really don't know

You could run behind him and shoot him in the back of the knee really hard to affect his footwork. I think repositioning could count as tactics.

Lol. With a gun Blum? xD

But really, like those martial artists who say use tactics like blinding eyes, breaking joints, hitting pressure points when you're in a street-fight, none of that applies here? I was going for the -break his knee angle- at least maim him some-how that way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back