[Mysterious Cities of Jade] OOC Thread

Incendius said:
If you think a minor fluctuation is bad, wait till I get the charm tech to start pulling out dominant and total ones (which is probably not for a bit). A dominant fluctuation is described as 'Earthquake in the loom', and a total one is even worse.
So we'll be eaten alive by his co-workers. Gotcha. :P

Blargh, taking a midnight bus across the country when you have work in the morning isn't one of my most brilliant ideas. Oh well, at least there was Avengers and a type of whiskey I've never seen before.

I very much imagine Shinji's internal facial expression to be much like Brannigan's and Fry's when told they were to die by Snu-Snu. D: :D D: :D D: :D and so on, and etc.

That first job was far too easy. Good thing I have a few ideas for the return journey...

Meanwhile, in the West, a crazy Sidereal battles a trade empire and a 12 foot obsidian golem...

I'm still pondering a game wherein that trade organization he created is a big player. Now that I've read Master of Jade, his life is all the more hilariously dangerous and awesomely cut-throat. I imagine he and Iru worked out quite the trade deal.

Sarky said:
Meanwhile, in the West, a crazy Sidereal battles a trade empire and a 12 foot obsidian golem...
Nah, Sun Mok died heroically, so his Eclipse-sanctioned curse never got carried over. :P

Yes. You bastard. :P

Man, everyone started yelling at me about the way I was roleplaying that. 'It's been months!' 'IN-GAME IT'S BEEN TWENTY-FOUR HOURS, I DON'T THINK I'M BEING UNREASONABLE HERE."

Sarky said:
Effing skrakes can have three dice for a delightfully written stunt.
I'm curious though. Considering how badly the dice hated Skrates on the actual post, did all three of those stunt dice roll ones?

I believe one extra success happened. The dice roller does appear to enjoy varying wildly between heroic success and abject failure...

Chaka said:
Oh shit guys, a named NPC.
tumblr_lxgqod5cfP1qe4i41.jpg

@Incendius: Oh, there are certainly a metric ton of Enlightened mortals, god-bloods and Others who can attune to artifacts. I've known this for ages, as have we all. But never, ever underestimate the paranoia of a hunted Dynast. They put you pitiful Celestials to shame. Beneath that boisterous and jolly exterior lies the heart of a man who would leap at shadows, shatter the random mouse that cast it, burn down the building to make sure, see the other mice driven before him, and hear the lamentation of their women.

Ahem. Yes. He is very paranoid. Especially on a ship crewed by zombies with a verbose cousin of his. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back