• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom My Little Pony Brave New World.

Also, I was thinking. You'll see in my timeline coming out soon that the war was pretty soon after Discord (Like, twenty or thirty years after.) So isn't it possible that Silver and Arc would know of the legend of Eclipse? It was pretty soon, and many of the living ponies would have been alive when he was ruling (I dunno how long Discord's reign lasted, so maybe not?) But word of mouth would probably still be alive.

Assailant said:
So were the puppets we were fighting The Nightmare Empire, or Mephisto's minions?
Or are they the same thing? Or allies?

I'm confuzzled.
Originally, you guys were fighting Nightmare Empire. One of their members has a knock-off type of magic that can turn creatures into her puppets, but it's FAR more limited than Mephisto's or Eclipse's ability.

When Mephisto snapped his claws. His own puppets attacked the Nightmare Empire before now advancing on everyone else after the Empire fled. Fun fact, there's now SIGNIFICANTLY more enemies, and at any time one can use Soul Torment....

Assailant said:
Also, I was thinking. You'll see in my timeline coming out soon that the war was pretty soon after Discord (Like, twenty or thirty years after.) So isn't it possible that Silver and Arc would know of the legend of Eclipse? It was pretty soon, and many of the living ponies would have been alive when he was ruling (I dunno how long Discord's reign lasted, so maybe not?) But word of mouth would probably still be alive.
If it's that soon after, there's a good possibility that they've heard of him at some point. I don't think we have a clear amount of time where Discord was in power. What with the sun and moon switching positions every five minutes, honestly ponies just lost track of time.

[QUOTE="One Mean Ghost]What with the sun and moon switching positions every five minutes, honestly ponies just lost track of time.

[/QUOTE]
I actually reference that in my timeline, so I'm glad someone else remembered that little bit!

@One Mean Ghost and anyone else who feels like reading my crazy. Be warned I'm going to kinda go back and forth why game events and how they are the same and different as the lore I'm creating. So if you'd like the wiki page to Samanosuke Akechi from the game HERE it is. Kaede's page isn't very interesting. All you really need to know about her is she's the hot ninja chick in the kimono mini skirt. She was originally sent to kill Samanosuke but somehow developed a deep trust and loyalty towards. It was always speculated they were in love and then confirmed later in the spinoff arcade style fighting game Onimusha: Blade Warriors. Though it could be argued that game isn't canon because it's events would retoc Kaede's death mentioned in the epolog of the first game. But then again she's a ninja, maybe she faked her death. I will however be using the content of the spinoff game as part of my ponies backgrounds. (Because Samapony needs a posse of martial art clichés.)

So first major difference from the games is the political situation. The game takes place when Japan was ruled by the shogun (hope I spelled that right.) And the games main villain was a person irl Nobunaga. Irl Nobunaga fraught to unify Japan, in the games he does it by making contracts with demons called genma. However because I've already established in posts that Neighong is ruled a single emperor I'm just nixing the whole Nibunaga thing. (Though feel free to drop his name if an eastern bad guys is every needed.) Instead we're just gunna say Neighong use to have a real demon problem.

Main things that'll be the same are Samanosuke getting a magical gauntlet from an oni. Which might seem confusing because oni translates to demon or devil. But an oni give Samanosuke a magic gauntlet that lets him absorb the souls of genma demons and gain powers to equip elemental weapons. (... Now it kinda makes sense that Shina and her brother's magic stick to a specific element.) As well as actually turn in to a demon called the red oni, though he doesn't figure that out till the end of the game and he can't really control it at first. So he disappeared for a while till he can so as not to hurt the ones he loves (Kaede). After he learns to control his powers him and Kaede, who'd been searching for him, are reunited. (Events of the spinoff game.)

From there it's kinda the obvious demon fighting, big heroes bit. And I'm winded just typing that much. But I hope you get the ideas.

Shandragontear said:
@One Mean Ghost and anyone else who feels like reading my crazy. Be warned I'm going to kinda go back and forth why game events and how they are the same and different as the lore I'm creating. So if you'd like the wiki page to Samanosuke Akechi from the game HERE it is. Kaede's page isn't very interesting. All you really need to know about her is she's the hot ninja chick in the kimono mini skirt. She was originally sent to kill Samanosuke but somehow developed a deep trust and loyalty towards. It was always speculated they were in love and then confirmed later in the spinoff arcade style fighting game Onimusha: Blade Warriors. Though it could be argued that game isn't canon because it's events would retoc Kaede's death mentioned in the epolog of the first game. But then again she's a ninja, maybe she faked her death. I will however be using the content of the spinoff game as part of my ponies backgrounds. (Because Samapony needs a posse of martial art clichés.)
So first major difference from the games is the political situation. The game takes place when Japan was ruled by the shogun (hope I spelled that right.) And the games main villain was a person irl Nobunaga. Irl Nobunaga fraught to unify Japan, in the games he does it by making contracts with demons called genma. However because I've already established in posts that Neighong is ruled a single emperor I'm just nixing the whole Nibunaga thing. (Though feel free to drop his name if an eastern bad guys is every needed.) Instead we're just gunna say Neighong use to have a real demon problem.

Main things that'll be the same are Samanosuke getting a magical gauntlet from an oni. Which might seem confusing because oni translates to demon or devil. But an oni give Samanosuke a magic gauntlet that lets him absorb the souls of genma demons and gain powers to equip elemental weapons. (... Now it kinda makes sense that Shina and her brother's magic stick to a specific element.) As well as actually turn in to a demon called the red oni, though he doesn't figure that out till the end of the game and he can't really control it at first. So he disappeared for a while till he can so as not to hurt the ones he loves (Kaede). After he learns to control his powers him and Kaede, who'd been searching for him, are reunited. (Events of the spinoff game.)

From there it's kinda the obvious demon fighting, big heroes bit. And I'm winded just typing that much. But I hope you get the ideas.
I get the impression Eclipse and Shina's parents would have quite a fun time exchanging war stories xD

I'm still building up what all happened in the various Dimensions Eclipse was stuck in, but there was a LOT of fighting involved.

Shandragontear said:
Question, does Mephisto really just keep his souls in regular glass jars? Because glass shatters if it gets hot enough. xD
Pretty much. I mean, they're enchanted so they won't break if they fall over, but yeah, you could just heat them up.

That is, of course, assuming you can find where he's hidden all of them.

Shandragontear said:
What if a soul inside one of the jars lit it's self on fire? xD
Not entirely sure how that would be possible, but it would work xD They're just shatter proof. Mephisto had zero reason to make them flame proof.

What I imagine the invasion is like:

tumblr_my6nd9aPh01qdlh1io1_400.gif

Then I lose my souls.

Ok I'm home now. But can I get a quick sit-rap before I post?

It seems like a lots gone down sense I visited the hospital and I don't wanna mess things up.

I've read the posts (i think) and I'm a bit fuzzy

viska said:
It seems like a lots gone down sense I visited the hospital and I don't wanna mess things up.

Oh course! No rush. * Huggles*

[QUOTE="One Mean Ghost]Not entirely sure how that would be possible, but it would work xD They're just shatter proof. Mephisto had zero reason to make them flame proof.

[/QUOTE]
Well magic comes from the soul right? xD

viska said:

Current situation: firecracker is being squeezed, about to be killed, Luna is about to be stepped on, Nightmare Empire has fled and now there's hundreds of thousands of puppets facing everyone.

Shit hit the fan in a big way xD

viska said:
oh my, things have gotten a bit nasty haven't they.
but I gotta say that last one @One Mean Ghost got me blood a-boiling.

I'm gonna try and post something good, (note try) so it may take me a bit..
I have accomplished my mission then!

Like I've said before, Mephisto is just a plain evil bastard xD

if you don't mind. what I'm gonna do may very well change how you feel about characters, and what your post may do

viska said:
if you don't mind. what I'm gonna do may very well change how you feel about characters, and what your post may do
Amazing what happens when a giant evil soul stealing dragon shows up xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back