• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy MvT: Magic vs Technology

Kylesar1 said:
A sound could be heard, like a lip smack. "Why do you make the best drones in the business?" They were looking to mass produce the drones off her blueprints, but she wouldn't cave, even if she got a large cut of the profits. The lack of mass production of those battle drones were the only thing keeping them from gaining air monopoly......at least until the Griffins, Manticors, and worst of all, Dragon Riders were sent in.
She sighed. "Well you know my routine. We're gonna need more of those things. Whatever sorcery you use to make them that good, keep going."

The knight reeled back, but he wasn't done. He leaped at Logan and slashed down with his fire-enchanted sword. The blow was blocked by John, who had flipped his hammer over to the Axe side. The knight reeled back. His entire body was vibrating and he was trying to get his body under control. He rested the hammer on his shoulder and laughed. "This lass is the Bellringer. Vibrates at sonic speed. When I hit or I block, the vibrations transfer to their body and stuns them. Same thing happens to the earth on the hammer side."

His expression turned serious. "Now take him out."
"I'll get working on it as soon as possible." Genevieve said before hanging up and sighing.

"Looks like you're gonna have to wait." She mumbled as she tapped her latest invention which symbolized the shape of a Pegasus.

The reason she willingly made the drones was not just for the money, she knew they needed them to fight. Her drones were considerably faster than humans and mostly more accurate. Genevieve got up and walked outside and round the back of her house were she kept her scrap metal and began to search through it for pieces to make the new drones.

*Slinko throws a copper bird out the window. It flies for a few minutes.*

"It's working!

*He exclaimed, a look of joy on his face. Until it fell into someone's backyard. That sucked. He rushed out the door to go get it.*

@NightSky

Last edited by a moderator:
Randomfactory9 said:
*Slinko throws a copper bird out the window. It flies for a few minutes.*
"It's working!

*He exclaimed, a look of joy on his face. Until it fell into someone's backyard. That sucked. He rushed out the door to go get it.*

@NightSky
Genevieve was loading a simple pull along cart with sheets of metal and a few odd bits and pieces. The cart was about half full before she heard a clank noise behind her. She spun around to see a small copper bird on the ground. Intrigued she picked it up and examined it, it was well built and all the motors worked perfectly fine, the only problem was the metal was too heavy for the little bird to be able to keep itself in the air.

*He ran into her yard. Seeing her hold the bird, he cleared his throat.*

"Um, excuse me. But that's mine."

*He approached the girl. He extended his hand in a friendly manner.*

"I'm Slingo. Slingo Kahara. Scientist and tinkerer, and sometimes I feel like a philosopher."

Randomfactory9 said:
*He ran into her yard. Seeing her hold the bird, he cleared his throat.*
"Um, excuse me. But that's mine."

*He approached the girl. He extended his hand in a friendly manner.*

"I'm Slingo. Slingo Kahara. Scientist and tinkerer, and sometimes I feel like a philosopher."
Hearing someone clear their throat Genevieve looked up. "Oh, sorry sir." She said handing the small bird back to him. "It's a lovely creation you have there." She said admiring his work.

She gently shook his hand. "Genevieve Wyatt, I own this shop where I sell unique creations. Nice to meet you." She said pointing to the building behind her which was her shop, home and workshop.

"Nice to meet you. And no, it isn't lovely. The stupid thing won't work."

*He frowned. There were some other things that didn't work, but he wasn't gonna mention THAT experiment to another person.*

"I don't get it. I can make a jetpack no problem, but I can't make a bird."

@NightSky

Randomfactory9 said:
"Nice to meet you. And no, it isn't lovely. The stupid thing won't work."
*He frowned. There were some other things that didn't work, but he wasn't gonna mention THAT experiment to another person.*

"I don't get it. I can make a jetpack no problem, but I can't make a bird."

@NightSky
"It's a simple problem with an even simpler solution." She stated looking at the small bird. "The copper is too heavy for the motors to hold it up." She turned to her massive pile of scraps and pulled out a few sheets of metal. "Try using some of these as alternatives." She said offering him the metal, some of the metal's width smaller than a sheet of paper.

*He facepalms.*

"Okay, let me express that I feel really stupid right now. Oh, and thanks for the metal."

*He pulls out a twenty dollar bill.*

"Here, take this, as a thank you."

*He smiles.*

@NightSky

Randomfactory9 said:
*He facepalms.*
"Okay, let me express that I feel really stupid right now. Oh, and thanks for the metal."

*He pulls out a twenty dollar bill.*

"Here, take this, as a thank you."

*He smiles.*

@NightSky
She pushes his hand gently back to him. "Don't worry about that. No charge, just this time though." She smiled back at Slingo. "Make sure you bring the bird to show me when you're done though." Genevieve added before turning back to her pile to pull out a few cogs.

Randomfactory9 said:
*He looks at her turn away.*
"H-hey, before I go, can you tell me how to get to No-Mans Land?"
Genevieve froze and turned back to him. "Why do you need to know?" She asked in a serious whisper. She knew what was going on down there, why would a scientist want to be on No Mans Land?

Kasey wasn't sure what was going on, but there was more people about, so he just settled for hiding behind some barrels, hoping no one would see him

"It's for research purposes. It's for an experiment I'm working on."

*His voice was serious, and he was obviously telling the truth.*

"It's the only place I can see magic in action, that's legal anyway."

Kylesar1 said:
The Dwarf dodged the bullet and charged towards Logan. "Mindless attacks won't work, son. I'm a moving target." A magic circle appeared under Logan and a bunch of other troops, building up at an insane speed to a massive level. Such a spell would easily overload that orb. "Let's see your fancy orb absorb this spell."

Logan was dealing with a Champion Knight, who's been part of the war for a long time. One of the leaders on the battlefield. A single magic bullet in the head could kill him if it pierced his helmet, but a single magic bullet alone would never hit him. A delayed attack with an easy to see queue was nothing to him. He swung his axe, aiming right for Logan's head. It was decapitation if hit

The magic circle was about to erupt when he swung his axe. That was instant death as well, as everything inside (bar the Dwarf) would be frozen solid. An attack on 2 fronts, both lethal

John was charging behind the Dwarf, trying to divert his attention again. Logan would need a much faster attack method if he wanted to even put up a fight, let alone win against a Veteran Champion Knight

@Magadude

The wisp floated into the room before turning back to her normal form. A girl with mage robes on, a completely covered face and arms with long white gloves covering them

(GTG for tonight Peeps. Feel free to continue while I'm gone.)
Rosana turned to the girl "I have an extra change of clothes if you want to be more comfortable for the night? " she offered. Her room was massive and held another small guest bedroom further into it. "If not I'll lead you straight to the guest room. No one ever goes in there except for me."

Randomfactory9 said:
"It's for research purposes. It's for an experiment I'm working on."
*His voice was serious, and he was obviously telling the truth.*

"It's the only place I can see magic in action, that's legal anyway."
Genevieve thought for a moment, she wasn't entirely convinced. "I have never been there myself." She admitted before pointing down to the main road. "But I have seen drones been taken down the main road to go fight on No Man's Land. That's the best I've got."

_Slinko_

*He shrugged.*

"Thanks, I'll look into that."

*He walked off with his bird and the metal. Meanwhile in Ishrion.*

_Armus_

*She walked out the door, her cloak over her head.*

"Who to help today?"

*She sees Kasey hiding.*

"Are you okay?"

((And Brb))

@Kild Kannuk @Cherrywitch

Randomfactory9 said:
_Slinko_
*He shrugged.*

_Armus_

"Who to help today?"

*She sees Kasey hiding.*

"Are you okay?"

((And Brb))

She gave him a faint nod as he disappeared down the street before grabbing hold of her cart's handle and pulling it back into her workshop; where she began sorting her scraps into piles.

Randomfactory9 said:
_Slinko_
*He shrugged.*

_Armus_

"Who to help today?"

*She sees Kasey hiding.*

"Are you okay?"

((And Brb))

Randomfactory9 said:
_Slinko_
*He shrugged.*

_Armus_

"Who to help today?"

*She sees Kasey hiding.*

"Are you okay?"

((And Brb))

Kasey whimpered when he realized he'd been seen and curled up into a ball, using his hands and arms to cover his head

@Randomfactory9

He slowly looked up, but was still extremely cautious, and slowly picked up the chocolate she tossed to him "Th-thank y-you" he mumbled quietly

@Randomfactory9

"Well nice to meetcha, Kasey! So, just curious, do yous magic, science, a bit of both?"

*She was curious, but still warmly smiling.*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back