• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Legacies: World at War - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Should I take it down a bit? Maybe to 13 or something? I don't think it's fair to have Heath be strong and fast.
If you feel like it wont mess with his power.
Nah I'd say you're fine Shark. I ran a boss for my group with 15 ac and they were hitting it left and right. It's just luck of the dice. If Heath is a strong character, then his ac will be on the higher scale.
Basically this. I'm not saying you should lower it. I just failed to give Death Knight any sort of Hit modifiers.

of course I can give him some to make him a better enemy for the future xD

Yeah, we're still working all of this out, so this little skirmish with Heath and Death Knight is a chance for you guys to work out some of the kinks on your end, and for me to see what kind of issues you guys are dealing with and fix my stuff whenever I need to. Continue combat as is and if we really feel like it's a problem, then we can change it. But for now I feel like you'll be fine.

Kumii, were you just straight up rolling a d20 for them with no hit modifiers at all?

Yeah, we're still working all of this out, so this little skirmish with Heath and Death Knight is a chance for you guys to work out some of the kinks on your end, and for me to see what kind of issues you guys are dealing with and fix my stuff whenever I need to. Continue combat as is and if we really feel like it's a problem, then we can change it. But for now I feel like you'll be fine.

Kumii, were you just straight up rolling a d20 for them with no hit modifiers at all?
yeah, me being the dumb idiot I am xD

Sister Julianna has a reason for it, being just born and all but the Death Knight is... I'm just an idiot.

With all this, I think what I'll do is see how things go for Kumii for the next couple of turns. If you begin to struggle a little too much to even graze Heath, then I'll lower his AC so he isn't OP. Also, like I assume you just did, feel free to add those modifiers and advantages. I just wanna see how much how they'll affect things.

With all this, I think what I'll do is see how things go for Kumii for the next couple of turns. If you begin to struggle a little too much to even graze Heath, then I'll lower his AC so he isn't OP. Also, like I assume you just did, feel free to add those modifiers and advantages. I just wanna see how much how they'll affect things.
I gave him... oh god, that modifier feels too high... one sec xD

yeah, me being the dumb idiot I am xD
Yeah, I'd say this is the problem here. You'd be right on your math with this in saying it would be really hard to hit Heath if you were just using a flat d20 without mods. Your hit modifier is determined by strength and dex stats respectively. Strength is for melee and Dex is for ranged.
Ohhh that one... still waiting on ALpha to post there ;-;
Yeah, sorry about that. I ended up just focusing on the main rp after I saw Shark's been able to get on more.

Yeah, I'd say this is the problem here. You'd be right on your math with this in saying it would be really hard to hit Heath if you were just using a flat d20 without mods. Your hit modifier is determined by strength and dex stats respectively. Strength is for melee and Dex is for ranged.
I thought that was for damage

I thought that was for damage
It determines both modifiers. So, if you have a longsword, and a +2 in strength, you'll add a plus 2 to your roll to hit and, on a success, you'll add that plus 2 to your damage. So, the damage dice for a longsword is a 1d8, but with the strength modifier it would 1d8+2

It determines both modifiers. So, if you have a longsword, and a +2 in strength, you'll add a plus 2 to your roll to hit and, on a success, you'll add that plus 2 to your damage. So, the damage dice for a longsword is a 1d8, but with the strength modifier it would 1d8+2
ill never remember to add all those lol

Me playing as the Dark Urge in baldurs gate 3 has given me some ideas for Serana's arc xD

In other news, I chopped off someone's hand in Baldur's Gate 3 as the Dark Urge so... that was fun.

SharkBark SharkBark AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf
I have one final encounter I wanna do before I launch the invasion after everything concludes with the surrounding stories. Who wants the honor?

I give you this choice because it'll lead up to a rather epic moment for said character. Anyone who takes the offer, I'll DM them about what the details are.

SharkBark SharkBark AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf
I have one final encounter I wanna do before I launch the invasion after everything concludes with the surrounding stories. Who wants the honor?

I give you this choice because it'll lead up to a rather epic moment for said character. Anyone who takes the offer, I'll DM them about what the details are.
I think all of my characters are backed up with their storylines right now. Heath and the invasion, Castro taking Aleph home, Rai is all the way in Luminosa.

Well, actually, Kaius is available. He's been asleep for a bit now.

Uh, I'm gonna go take my shower and think over it, I'll let you know when I get back.

I think all of my characters are backed up with their storylines right now. Heath and the invasion, Castro taking Aleph home, Rai is all the way in Luminosa.

Well, actually, Kaius is available. He's been asleep for a bit now.

Uh, I'm gonna go take my shower and think over it, I'll let you know when I get back.
Well, the encounter would take place a day or two after all of those interactions finish up.

It'll be the segway into the invasion of Ironshire.

Actually, Kaius would make a good fit for what I have in mind...

But I'll let you decide among yourselves who wants the honor of having the spotlight for a few minutes lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back