• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Legacies: World at War - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
The only other option is that both events still go forward with their original plans

SharkBark SharkBark AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf
This is as good a time as any..

I'm temporarily putting the RP on hold for the following reasons;

I need to restoryboard it. Everything I have planned conflicts with everything you have planned and it's fucking up the overall story.

Tldr
I need to take a quick step back and redo the main story for now cause it's just a hodgepodge.

It's nothing to do with anything that's going onright now. Just overall, the story really needs it

SharkBark SharkBark AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf
This is as good a time as any..

I'm temporarily putting the RP on hold for the following reasons;

I need to restoryboard it. Everything I have planned conflicts with everything you have planned and it's fucking up the overall story.

Tldr
I need to take a quick step back and redo the main story for now cause it's just a hodgepodge.
Take your time, man. Let's see those Kumii gears at work. If there's anything of mine you might need changed to help, let me know.
I don't know. Let's wait to see what Shark says. We did have this planned for a bit though.
Let's wait and see what Kumii cooks up during his brainstorming, then I'll get back to you.

Take your time, man. Let's see those Kumii gears at work. If there's anything of mine you might need changed to help, let me know.
Doesn't help that we have like 4 different stories running at 3 different points in time

this is why the timeskip is happening, so that all the events happen at the same point in time

And to ultimately merge all the stories into one and streamline it. After the timeskip there wont be anymore side stories or if there are, they'll be very minor.

Yeah, I can see how those can be difficult. But half of these side stories are kind of there to just be there. They just exist within our world and don't really have any bearing on the main plotline, which is Skyla's group. That's the way I see it at least. Its more building out the world than having every single story end up within the main plotline. Some of these aren't supposed to get on the main storyline track. Like, I can't see Aleph getting there. Maybe if he stays attached to Castro's plotline with Seiryoku, but otherwise he's just with the dragonslayers as just another part of this world. Not every story has to fulfill something for the main plot, and you don't have to stress yourself out trying to get it there, let's just have fun with it. The different side stories is just us having characters that we wanna have fun with. So timeline really doesn't matter with some of them. Getting them on the same timeline if we want to cross stories would help for the future, but ultimately, I think they're all just gonna go their separate directions in the end. Maybe periodically we can have timeline checks, and halt one story for the rest to catch up if we really want all of them to be on the same timeline, or just do that for the main plot storylines.

Honestly, I think we're just stressing ourselves out at this point. What matters the most is that we're all having fun, because that's why we do this in the first place.

Yeah, I can see how those can be difficult. But half of these side stories are kind of there to just be there. They just exist within our world and don't really have any bearing on the main plotline, which is Skyla's group. That's the way I see it at least. Its more building out the world than having every single story end up within the main plotline. Some of these aren't supposed to get on the main storyline track. Like, I can't see Aleph getting there. Maybe if he stays attached to Castro's plotline with Seiryoku, but otherwise he's just with the dragonslayers as just another part of this world. Not every story has to fulfill something for the main plot, and you don't have to stress yourself out trying to get it there, let's just have fun with it. The different side stories is just us having characters that we wanna have fun with. So timeline really doesn't matter with some of them. Getting them on the same timeline if we want to cross stories would help for the future, but ultimately, I think they're all just gonna go their separate directions in the end. Maybe periodically we can have timeline checks, and halt one story for the rest to catch up if we really want all of them to be on the same timeline, or just do that for the main plot storylines.
Well the scuffle with the Death Knight and the Seiryoku will have some implication on the main story later on. the Demon King is intended to make an appearance again to the main guys.

And yeah, but still, the plot is all over the place and the timeskip is meant to get it back on track again.
Honestly, I think we're just stressing ourselves out at this point. What matters the most is that we're all having fun, because that's why we do this in the first place.
Yeah. I may have overreacted a tad but I still stand by my temporary hold. It'll only be a couple days as I sort out the story again.

Specifically, I'm storyboarding the Desert chapter. There's alot planned for that and it's gonna serve as a sort of 'turning point' for the main story.

Well the scuffle with the Death Knight and the Seiryoku will have some implication on the main story later on. the Demon King is intended to make an appearance again to the main guys.

And yeah, but still, the plot is all over the place and the timeskip is meant to get it back on track again.

Yeah. I may have overreacted a tad but I still stand by my temporary hold. It'll only be a couple days as I sort out the story again.
Yeah, I think taking a step back would be good. Let yourself take a breath, man. Take your time and don't stress.

Yeah, I think taking a step back would be good. Let yourself take a breath, man. Take your time and don't stress.
The storyboard I got so far for the desert story is 8 lines in a notepad and still not finished lol

If you need help with anything, I got you. Also, if you're getting frustrated take a break and do something to relax, then come back to it. That might help as well.
nah im not. Just using my full brain power and just finished the desert story.

I've got the rest of the story to go now lol

Frustrated that I've got so much left to do maybe lol but that comes with the territory
I told my irl friend the same thing I'm gonna tell you, you don't have to plan out everything now. Plan what you need in the moment and go from there. Its gonna take us a fair bit of irl time to even get to the time skip, let alone the later chapters. That way you're not whacking at your brain and demanding results in the moment when you have none, and you can take your time with it and maybe even have a really good idea come to you in the middle of the day in a month or two about the later chapters. I didn't even know the full extent of what I wanted to do for Mateo's chapter when it officially started, I just let the ideas come to me. Even in the middle of it, a couple months ago I thought of something I really liked that I wanted to include within the chapter. If you don't want to, you don't have to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back