• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Legacies: World at War - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Or were the clans my idea? I dont remember at all lol
Nah they were my idea

You said the five clans, have you established who or what they are at all? Like the lore behind them
Uh, somewhat. I've got some lore down but it's pretty long so it's not finished. The Five clans are the five dragon slayer clans, one of which is Aleph's clan. They live in a snowy valley next to Westshire. The clans are Valjornir, Stalki, Hydjorn, Drenaor, and a fifth clan I haven't officially named yet (Berkir is the placeholder name but I don't know about it). They've all got their own gimmicks.

Nah they were my idea

Uh, somewhat. I've got some lore down but it's pretty long so it's not finished. The Five clans are the five dragon slayer clans, one of which is Aleph's clan. They live in a snowy valley next to Westshire. The clans are Valjornir, Stalki, Hydjorn, Drenaor, and a fifth clan I haven't officially named yet (Berkir is the placeholder name but I don't know about it). They've all got their own gimmicks.
Hmm, well if he is part of one of the clans, i'd need details shared with me to better place him in one.

So, the valley is called the Jokull Fannar Valley [Joe-Cool Van-Are]

Valjornir- These guys are Aleph's clan. They are the leaders of the clans. All the clans operate separately, but they are technically one unit, they just have specified fields and different governments. For big decisions regarding all the clans, the clans will have a council to decide their move where in the leaders of each clan voice their opinion and the overall leader will make the final decision. The strongest clan are always the overall leaders, and that happens to be Aleph's clan. The Vallin family, Aleph's family, have always been the ones to lead Valjornir, and they are descended from powerful kings of Norheim. They led the original five Houses to the Rhythm Nation to slay a dragon before they decided to settle within the valley, because their home in Norheim was destroyed anyways. They also have Wokita dogs (I mentioned these guys in a post before. I think it was my last post before we took the hiatus but I'm not sure). They're a crossbreed of wolves and American Akitas that were bred into an entirely new species. But Wokitas are so big they're rideable and can be used in combat. Fun fact, American Akitas were actually used way back to fight bears, which is where I got the idea from. Pretty neat. So instead of horses which can spook easy, especially if they're going up against dragons, they use Wokitas which were bred to fight.

Stalki- These guys are the blacksmiths of the clans. Each clan might have their own blacksmiths, but they'll always be from this clan. They don't do much fighting and may be seen as one of the weaker clans, but their talent is in their craftsmanship. They train all their lives to master their craft, and as such their weapons are pretty badass. They also know every inch of a weapon, and thus how to more effectively use it in combat if they were ever apart of combat. They use parts of dragons to craft weapons, which is kind of the signature thing with the clans. All their weapons are crafted from the dragons they've slain. So, if you see a dragon bone sword, incredibly good chance the person you're looking at is a dragon slayer from the five clans. Anyways, back to these guys. They have two parts of their clan. The blacksmiths who make weaponry, and the Furavordr, members of their clan that patrol their territory to keep it hidden and safe. Many Furavordr are actually spirits whose ancestors go back to the spirits that inhabited the region before the slayers came along. The Stalki deeply respect spirits and will allow them to join the clan as Furavordr. They don't discriminate against spirits and offer them a place in their Sanctum if they so wish to stay and completely integrate them into their society. Though the other clans don't totally understand this, they don't speak against the clan and let them do as they wish on the matter of spirits. Their territory is the coldest region in the valley, and where the pine trees grow the thickest. They keep themselves well-hidden so that any dragons seeking vengeance can't attack the clans' armory. They built a tunnel system inside a glacier, but their furnaces keep them nice and warm so that they can deal with the immense cold. The Stalki are also a neutral party in the clan's decisions when they're at council. They remain unbiased because they don't get out much, and only go based off knowledge. They're not spiritual at all and make decisions strictly off knowledge. After a dragon slayer's first kill, they take whatever material they harvested from their kill and go to the Stalki to craft their own weapon, the weapon they'll keep with them forever. Sort of like a rite of passage thing. Before you were a child, now with your first kill and this weapon that symbolizes it, you are a warrior. Generally if the other clans need training or weapon help, they go to the Stalki's Sanctum. But the other clans don't even know the location of the settlement. Each time they are guided by a different Furavordr. If you want to see the blacksmiths, you seek out the Furavordr first.

Hydjorn- The Hydjorn are really the face of the clans and have the most political power within the rest of the Rhythm Nation. They basically swoop in and clean up whatever mess the dragon slayers made for themselves, while also keeping up relations with government officials to glean information from them. Because of this they have a detailed network of information and informants, and many of their slayers are often times dispatched as spies. They also often work as mercenaries, and sometimes get hired as a personal guard to the queen and royalty of the past (actually had a character idea based on this). They are often times the rival of Valjornir in strength, and the chiefs of the two clans are often butting heads because of this rivalry. Their warriors are raised like romans, taken from their families and training in shared houses known as Dens. This is believed to bond them together for greater teamwork. Basically like houses in Harry Potter, an individual from a Den will earn status and respect for their Den and instructor should they perform great acts. Den Jorn is the most prestigious Den and is basically where the "royalty" of the clan presides. Most of Den Jorn are descendants of House Jorn, one of the five houses that journeyed from Norheim to Rhythm. Mostly you can only get into Den Jorn if you were born into it, though a truly exceptional trainee may earn their way into Den Jorn. They have a strict code of conduct and if they do not follow it, or do not show promise as warriors as children, they will gain a Mark of Banishment, a spell that obscures their memories so that they no longer know where the Hydjorn stronghold is located. If anyone, even outsiders, search for their stronghold, its obscured by a spell to make it pretty much impossible to reach, the person's brain being tricked into turning them in circles. The Hydjorn have a particular gift with memories. They also have a fun little magic condition that allows them to not feel fear the more blood is drawn from their body. Their thinking becomes obscured, and their fear is reduced the more they are injured. Which can be both good and bad. They'll keep attacking, but they can't take stock of how injured they are, and thus don't know when to switch up their tactics to preserve themselves or just make a tactical retreat. Eventually, if enough blood is withdrawn, they won't even dodge attacks because they don't think of anything as a threat. This leads many Hydjorn to fight until they die. But they can't be affected by any fear status affects if they are actively bleeding. Because of this ability, they have been nicknamed the Unrelenting Army.

Drenaor- The Drenaor are the spiritual warriors of the clans, and the most defensive fighters among the clans. They also essentially act as the clans' navy, dealing with water fighting and the building of ships. When they aren't fighting, they're constantly working on building new ships. They have very spiritual beliefs and believe in a guardian that besides over them. They actively give offerings to this guardian, and they believe their worship over such a divine force is why their lake has never frozen over even in the cold climate. They believe in all the legends and myths and are very superstitious. One such myth they carry is about the kelpie, which is the reason why they use elk instead of horses. In the beginning of the clan, they used horses to drag a boat into the water, but they spooked and ended up dragging the boat and its crew into the water, drowning them. Ever since then they have used elk as their mounts, and shudder at the sight of a horse. Part of their jobs are certain rituals that prevents the spirits of dragons from seeking revenge on them. They bind a dragon's soul through magic to a wooden figurine reminiscent of that dragon, carving the dragon's name in Norse runes on the figurine. They then destroy the figurine, fraying any link the soul may have to the mortal plane. The heads of these figures are kept and used as figureheads on boats, and essentially capture the magical essence of these dragons. This essence may protect the boat from magical attacks and natural disasters of the same means. The boat will be resistant to storm damage if the figurehead was that of an electric dragon, for example. They also make amulets for warriors known as Vegvisir, a magical stave said to protect the wearer from one thing with the same magical essence. If it was infused with electric magic, it might block an electric spell. They give these to travelers on important missions, though they can only be used once before it loses the magic it was infused with. Because of their spiritual nature, they also have death rituals. Warriors who have died in battle have a Valknut symbol carved onto their shields, three interlocked triangles, with the saying 'Thou who perished on blade's wings shalt soar unburdened by lament' written in Norse runes around the symbol. It's the common belief that the symbol allows warriors to move on from their unfinished business and depart start for the spirit world. It's a way to respect their sacrifice. Notable warriors within the clan are also given the fire to the boat viking treatment. They spend a week making a ceremonial boat, each part and day they spend making symbolizing the grieving journey and serving to remember the warrior, and on the final day they light the boat ablaze with the warrior's body in it, letting it drift until it hits the small island in their lake, and then they gather up the ashes and make a ceremonial oar to remember the warrior that they hang up in their hall.

Berkir (Again placeholder name lol)- I have the rough outline for these guys but not as in depth as the other clans because I really haven't written much out for them. Wrote three and then got a little burnt out and just stopped. But, anyways, the basis of their clan is that they're based off berserkers. They're brutal fighters who use the strength of the wilds to fight. They don't have the same lifestyle as the other clans, instead living off the land rather than in an organized settlement. They often give the clans a bad reputation because they are unwelcoming and unfriendly towards outsiders. When they come of age, they get separated into one of four orders. The Order of the Bear, brutal strength-based fighters. The Order of the Wolf, fighters who use more teamwork, fight with numbers, and have better coordination. The Order of the Wild Boar, often times what one would consider a noble of the clan, warriors of tactical cunning and military might. And the Order of the Raven, who are assassin-like fighters who primarily use stealth fighting. Each warrior carves a wooden figurine necklace that they wear around their neck, infused with magic and dictating their order. Known as the Villrhjarta, they are warriors who can shapeshift and gain the abilities of the animal of their order for a limited amount of time in battle. Another reason why outsiders to the clans don't like them very much is that they believe they mess with spirit magic and condemn their shapeshifting. Basically witchcraft from the 1600s, that's how outsiders look at the Berkir.

There's some extra bits and bobs of each clan's lifestyle that's on the WIP sheet, but this is the condensed, main point version of each clan with some added facts I couldn't resist sharing lol Each clan also has a typical magic type they'd have attached to them.

Valjornir- These guys are Aleph's clan. They are the leaders of the clans. All the clans operate separately, but they are technically one unit, they just have specified fields and different governments. For big decisions regarding all the clans, the clans will have a council to decide their move where in the leaders of each clan voice their opinion and the overall leader will make the final decision. The strongest clan are always the overall leaders, and that happens to be Aleph's clan. The Vallin family, Aleph's family, have always been the ones to lead Valjornir, and they are descended from powerful kings of Norheim. They led the original five Houses to the Rhythm Nation to slay a dragon before they decided to settle within the valley, because their home in Norheim was destroyed anyways. They also have Wokita dogs (I mentioned these guys in a post before. I think it was my last post before we took the hiatus but I'm not sure). They're a crossbreed of wolves and American Akitas that were bred into an entirely new species. But Wokitas are so big they're rideable and can be used in combat. Fun fact, American Akitas were actually used way back to fight bears, which is where I got the idea from. Pretty neat. So instead of horses which can spook easy, especially if they're going up against dragons, they use Wokitas which were bred to fight.

Stalki- These guys are the blacksmiths of the clans. Each clan might have their own blacksmiths, but they'll always be from this clan. They don't do much fighting and may be seen as one of the weaker clans, but their talent is in their craftsmanship. They train all their lives to master their craft, and as such their weapons are pretty badass. They also know every inch of a weapon, and thus how to more effectively use it in combat if they were ever apart of combat. They use parts of dragons to craft weapons, which is kind of the signature thing with the clans. All their weapons are crafted from the dragons they've slain. So, if you see a dragon bone sword, incredibly good chance the person you're looking at is a dragon slayer from the five clans. Anyways, back to these guys. They have two parts of their clan. The blacksmiths who make weaponry, and the Furavordr, members of their clan that patrol their territory to keep it hidden and safe. Many Furavordr are actually spirits whose ancestors go back to the spirits that inhabited the region before the slayers came along. The Stalki deeply respect spirits and will allow them to join the clan as Furavordr. They don't discriminate against spirits and offer them a place in their Sanctum if they so wish to stay and completely integrate them into their society. Though the other clans don't totally understand this, they don't speak against the clan and let them do as they wish on the matter of spirits. Their territory is the coldest region in the valley, and where the pine trees grow the thickest. They keep themselves well-hidden so that any dragons seeking vengeance can't attack the clans' armory. They built a tunnel system inside a glacier, but their furnaces keep them nice and warm so that they can deal with the immense cold. The Stalki are also a neutral party in the clan's decisions when they're at council. They remain unbiased because they don't get out much, and only go based off knowledge. They're not spiritual at all and make decisions strictly off knowledge. After a dragon slayer's first kill, they take whatever material they harvested from their kill and go to the Stalki to craft their own weapon, the weapon they'll keep with them forever. Sort of like a rite of passage thing. Before you were a child, now with your first kill and this weapon that symbolizes it, you are a warrior. Generally if the other clans need training or weapon help, they go to the Stalki's Sanctum. But the other clans don't even know the location of the settlement. Each time they are guided by a different Furavordr. If you want to see the blacksmiths, you seek out the Furavordr first.

Hydjorn- The Hydjorn are really the face of the clans and have the most political power within the rest of the Rhythm Nation. They basically swoop in and clean up whatever mess the dragon slayers made for themselves, while also keeping up relations with government officials to glean information from them. Because of this they have a detailed network of information and informants, and many of their slayers are often times dispatched as spies. They also often work as mercenaries, and sometimes get hired as a personal guard to the queen and royalty of the past (actually had a character idea based on this). They are often times the rival of Valjornir in strength, and the chiefs of the two clans are often butting heads because of this rivalry. Their warriors are raised like romans, taken from their families and training in shared houses known as Dens. This is believed to bond them together for greater teamwork. Basically like houses in Harry Potter, an individual from a Den will earn status and respect for their Den and instructor should they perform great acts. Den Jorn is the most prestigious Den and is basically where the "royalty" of the clan presides. Most of Den Jorn are descendants of House Jorn, one of the five houses that journeyed from Norheim to Rhythm. Mostly you can only get into Den Jorn if you were born into it, though a truly exceptional trainee may earn their way into Den Jorn. They have a strict code of conduct and if they do not follow it, or do not show promise as warriors as children, they will gain a Mark of Banishment, a spell that obscures their memories so that they no longer know where the Hydjorn stronghold is located. If anyone, even outsiders, search for their stronghold, its obscured by a spell to make it pretty much impossible to reach, the person's brain being tricked into turning them in circles. The Hydjorn have a particular gift with memories. They also have a fun little magic condition that allows them to not feel fear the more blood is drawn from their body. Their thinking becomes obscured, and their fear is reduced the more they are injured. Which can be both good and bad. They'll keep attacking, but they can't take stock of how injured they are, and thus don't know when to switch up their tactics to preserve themselves or just make a tactical retreat. Eventually, if enough blood is withdrawn, they won't even dodge attacks because they don't think of anything as a threat. This leads many Hydjorn to fight until they die. But they can't be affected by any fear status affects if they are actively bleeding. Because of this ability, they have been nicknamed the Unrelenting Army.

Drenaor- The Drenaor are the spiritual warriors of the clans, and the most defensive fighters among the clans. They also essentially act as the clans' navy, dealing with water fighting and the building of ships. When they aren't fighting, they're constantly working on building new ships. They have very spiritual beliefs and believe in a guardian that besides over them. They actively give offerings to this guardian, and they believe their worship over such a divine force is why their lake has never frozen over even in the cold climate. They believe in all the legends and myths and are very superstitious. One such myth they carry is about the kelpie, which is the reason why they use elk instead of horses. In the beginning of the clan, they used horses to drag a boat into the water, but they spooked and ended up dragging the boat and its crew into the water, drowning them. Ever since then they have used elk as their mounts, and shudder at the sight of a horse. Part of their jobs are certain rituals that prevents the spirits of dragons from seeking revenge on them. They bind a dragon's soul through magic to a wooden figurine reminiscent of that dragon, carving the dragon's name in Norse runes on the figurine. They then destroy the figurine, fraying any link the soul may have to the mortal plane. The heads of these figures are kept and used as figureheads on boats, and essentially capture the magical essence of these dragons. This essence may protect the boat from magical attacks and natural disasters of the same means. The boat will be resistant to storm damage if the figurehead was that of an electric dragon, for example. They also make amulets for warriors known as Vegvisir, a magical stave said to protect the wearer from one thing with the same magical essence. If it was infused with electric magic, it might block an electric spell. They give these to travelers on important missions, though they can only be used once before it loses the magic it was infused with. Because of their spiritual nature, they also have death rituals. Warriors who have died in battle have a Valknut symbol carved onto their shields, three interlocked triangles, with the saying 'Thou who perished on blade's wings shalt soar unburdened by lament' written in Norse runes around the symbol. It's the common belief that the symbol allows warriors to move on from their unfinished business and depart start for the spirit world. It's a way to respect their sacrifice. Notable warriors within the clan are also given the fire to the boat viking treatment. They spend a week making a ceremonial boat, each part and day they spend making symbolizing the grieving journey and serving to remember the warrior, and on the final day they light the boat ablaze with the warrior's body in it, letting it drift until it hits the small island in their lake, and then they gather up the ashes and make a ceremonial oar to remember the warrior that they hang up in their hall.

Berkir (Again placeholder name lol)- I have the rough outline for these guys but not as in depth as the other clans because I really haven't written much out for them. Wrote three and then got a little burnt out and just stopped. But, anyways, the basis of their clan is that they're based off berserkers. They're brutal fighters who use the strength of the wilds to fight. They don't have the same lifestyle as the other clans, instead living off the land rather than in an organized settlement. They often give the clans a bad reputation because they are unwelcoming and unfriendly towards outsiders. When they come of age, they get separated into one of four orders. The Order of the Bear, brutal strength-based fighters. The Order of the Wolf, fighters who use more teamwork, fight with numbers, and have better coordination. The Order of the Wild Boar, often times what one would consider a noble of the clan, warriors of tactical cunning and military might. And the Order of the Raven, who are assassin-like fighters who primarily use stealth fighting. Each warrior carves a wooden figurine necklace that they wear around their neck, infused with magic and dictating their order. Known as the Villrhjarta, they are warriors who can shapeshift and gain the abilities of the animal of their order for a limited amount of time in battle. Another reason why outsiders to the clans don't like them very much is that they believe they mess with spirit magic and condemn their shapeshifting. Basically witchcraft from the 1600s, that's how outsiders look at the Berkir.

There's some extra bits and bobs of each clan's lifestyle that's on the WIP sheet, but this is the condensed, main point version of each clan with some added facts I couldn't resist sharing lol Each clan also has a typical magic type they'd have attached to them.
Hmm, no clan really fits the man. Closest is maybe Valjornir lol

Though he is an Elder Dragonslayer so he's all about the techniques rather then brute force.

Ooohh, this Aleph/Clan lore is hitting! 😌🙏

I would not imagine Aleph being one of them, geez. That boy really is a black sheep.

Also, Kumii, I'm gonna start working on adding the dice system stuff to my characters today, using Alpha's guide. I'll let you know when I finish Rai's so you can check if it's done right.

I mean, let us know if you need help, we'll help
I know! I need help! I'm struggling to make the health points. The constitution part of the lore sheet is confusing me. I don't even know what I'm struggling with because I'm so confused. It says, ", you will give your character HP based on getting all maximum possible rolls."

What does that mean?

I was gonna give Rai 120 health points and then a +5 to his multipliers to get 125, but that part threw me off. :(

Am I doing this right?

I know! I need help! I'm struggling to make the health points. The constitution part of the lore sheet is confusing me. I don't even know what I'm struggling with because I'm so confused. It says, ", you will give your character HP based on getting all maximum possible rolls."

What does that mean?

I was gonna give Rai 120 health points and then a +5 to his multipliers to get 125, but that part threw me off. :(

Am I doing this right?
That- that's my fault, basically were just doing 100+whatever seems reasonable.

So like 100+40 for 140 HP or 160 HP

That- that's my fault, basically were just doing 100+whatever seems reasonable.

So like 100+40 for 140 HP or 160 HP
Ohh, so there aren't really factors I have to go by? Or at least, no major factors.

Also, it's okay. 👍

give everyone around the same HP pool excluding bosses or elite NPCs and stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back