• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Legacies: World at War - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Hey, I'm all for willpower. Its will that I found stupid
Lol fair. I'm just about done editing the stats section. I added an explanation for how I think Magic Fatigue should work in this RP but something doesn't feel right. Idk if it's the limited amount of spells or what but Idk how to work in magic fatigue lol

Lol fair. I'm just about done editing the stats section. I added an explanation for how I think Magic Fatigue should work in this RP but something doesn't feel right. Idk if it's the limited amount of spells or what but Idk how to work in magic fatigue lol
I'll take a look at it when you're done and see if I can figure something out. Teamwork has been working for us thus far lol

It might be the spells. I think we'll have to see how combat changes going forward to really see how it affects us, but our past combat has taken definitely quite a few post rounds. Again, using Mateo as an example, as a purely magic based fighter the number of spells might be too little for him in a prolonged battle. But, again, I think that's one of the things we might need to wait and see how the new combat system affects it. I definitely think the roll is pretty good. Though, maybe you could add if someone has a -1 in either strength or dex, physical damage stats which pure magic users won't be using, then their roll is different. One -1 in either of those stats could be just a straight roll, while a -1 in both stats could be an advantage roll. It'll help balance it out for pure magic users, especially if the combat still lasts long for us, who the strength and dex stats really have no use for if they don't have a weapon to use outside of magic. Like, Rai for instance, though he has a half and half sort of build with lightning magic and his katana, would still be able to use his weapons if he's out of spells. But someone like Mateo has no need for those stats because he doesn't really have a weapon to use outside of magic, so it gives advantage towards dealing with magic fatigue. That might solve it.

Yeah, that's good. But for the no advantage or disadvantage part, you can just say it's a straight roll. Straight rolls are what it's called when there is no advantage or disadvantage.

im working on the death knight's sheet now lol

I'm removing a lot of his abilities but boosting the power of the ones that remain. I forget that in dnd, you can stack damage dice for some abilities to signify that it's a powerful attack

im working on the death knight's sheet now lol

I'm removing a lot of his abilities but boosting the power of the ones that remain. I forget that in dnd, you can stack damage dice for some abilities to signify that it's a powerful attack
Yup, that's the fun of high-level spells.

We may have to forgo saving throws, it'll be hard doing them Immediately after our posts I think

AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf
Combat's gonna be real slow with the dice system lol

turn 1 is rolling to hit
turn 2 is rolling for damage

A workaround is making both hit rolls and damage rolls in the same posts. We take a look at the hit to see if the attack hits then apply the damage if it does hit or ignore the damage if it doesn't.

AlphaBlueWolf AlphaBlueWolf
Combat's gonna be real slow with the dice system lol

turn 1 is rolling to hit
turn 2 is rolling for damage

A workaround is making both hit rolls and damage rolls in the same posts. We take a look at the hit to see if the attack hits then apply the damage if it does hit or ignore the damage if it doesn't.
This is exactly why I'm saying OOC for dice rolls. Or at least roll hit rolls on post, and then go into OOC for damage. Then you apply it to the hit bar on your post.

This is exactly why I'm saying OOC for dice rolls. Or at least roll hit rolls on post, and then go into OOC for damage. Then you apply it to the hit bar on your post.
I'd feel kinda awkward making an ooc thread for dice rolls lol

Not saying it's not out of the question, just feels weird to me lol

I'd feel kinda awkward making an ooc thread for dice rolls lol

Not saying it's not out of the question, just feels weird to me lol
That's the only other way I can think of to do it. Otherwise combats gonna stretch out way too long and I think we'll all start to get burned out on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back