• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Legacies: World at War - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
What exactly does healing ability mean?
the strength of healing spells. I wanted them to be separate from the damaging spells and i didn't know how else to word it. Guess I could've said 'healing effectiveness'?

So like, if a healing spell heals for 5, your +1 modifier will make it heal for 6 instead etc.

So like, if a healing spell heals for 5, your +1 modifier will make it heal for 6 instead etc.
Ah, I see. I wonder what would be a condition in which someone would have a -1 modifier. It kind of seems like the healing spell itself would determine its effectiveness rather than a modifier.

I was wondering where magic fit into this, considering Mateo is basically a mage. He has a stick as a weapon lol

Charisma is also kind of random. What made you choose sound exclusively out of the list of magic types? In DnD, charisma is social skills lol

Ah, I see. I wonder what would be a condition in which someone would have a -1 modifier. It kind of seems like the healing spell itself would determine its effectiveness rather than a modifier.

I was wondering where magic fit into this, considering Mateo is basically a mage. He has a stick as a weapon lol

Charisma is also kind of random. What made you choose sound exclusively out of the list of magic types? In DnD, charisma is social skills lol
Yeah well, I needed charisma to something in combat situations and I felt sound best suited that.

Also, the stats aren't exactly like dnd, im taking liberties with how I feel they fit into the RP, following the general rules of Strength is unga bunga, dexterity is gotta go fast and be nimble, and intelligience is smarty pants.

Of course, I can change wisdom to like... idk increase spell damage when using a staff or magic item?

though im not sure thats a good idea if you stack wisdom and intelligience lol

though im not sure thats a good idea if you stack wisdom and intelligience lol
Just let me casually do that Yeah, but we don't have a stat like that for non-magic damage so that would feel kind of broken for primary magic users. We can change around wisdom to just be straight healing ability. Instead of the effectiveness of healing spells on you, it's your effectiveness at casting a healing spell. Again, going back to DnD (simply because it's easier to base this stuff with because its already a built system) wisdom is the stat for medicine checks, and it's a good dump stat for clerics. I feel like the way you had wisdom would be better for items like healing potions, if we wanted to add something like that. You get a +1 or -1 to healing items based on your wisdom stat, while healing spells are dependent on the caster's wisdom.

We could also do something with magic fatigue as well, since it's also an integral part of this world's combat system. Maybe Charisma is your magic fatigue bar. Higher charisma and you have higher threshold until you go into magic fatigue.

Just let me casually do that Yeah, but we don't have a stat like that for non-magic damage so that would feel kind of broken for primary magic users. We can change around wisdom to just be straight healing ability. Instead of the effectiveness of healing spells on you, it's your effectiveness at casting a healing spell. Again, going back to DnD (simply because it's easier to base this stuff with because its already a built system) wisdom is the stat for medicine checks, and it's a good dump stat for clerics. I feel like the way you had wisdom would be better for items like healing potions, if we wanted to add something like that. You get a +1 or -1 to healing items based on your wisdom stat, while healing spells are dependent on the caster's wisdom.

We could also do something with magic fatigue as well, since it's also an integral part of this world's combat system. Maybe Charisma is your magic fatigue bar. Higher charisma and you have higher threshold until you go into magic fatigue.
well.. I feel wisdom would fit that Magic Fatigue better. the more wisdom you have, the better you can allocate your mana and stuff, y'know

well.. I feel wisdom would fit that Magic Fatigue better. the more wisdom you have, the better you can allocate your mana and stuff, y'know
We can switch it around then, though in the end healing doesn't perfectly fit Charisma. The stats don't necessarily need to fit, just have something in them that works for the combat system, and I feel like these last two being healing and magic fatigue works the best. I still feel like having a healing stat is good, considering we're using hp numbers now and there's actually a chance our characters can get knocked unconscious and need healing.

We can switch it around then, though in the end healing doesn't perfectly fit Charisma. The stats don't necessarily need to fit, just have something in them that works for the combat system, and I feel like these last two being healing and magic fatigue works the best. I still feel like having a healing stat is good, considering we're using hp numbers now and there's actually a chance our characters can get knocked unconscious and need healing.
Yeah, it's hard if I use Charisma as a main stat too but I don't know of any other stats I can use lol

So now the issues remains... how to figure magic fatigue into combat lol

Also explain what you mean 'depends on the casters wisdom'. Are you saying that healing spells require a certain amount of wisdom to cast?

What do you mean?
Spirit is a stat I saw in an RPG once and FInal Fantasy uses it.

Spirit, aka Will, measures the persons ability to cast white magic (which is Final Fantasy's term for healing magic).

In some games it also acts as the person's magic defense stat.

Also explain what you mean 'depends on the casters wisdom'. Are you saying that healing spells require a certain amount of wisdom to cast?
I mean, that actually would be a good way to make healers more important. If you don't have the wisdom for it, you can't cast those types of spells and are limited to damage.

What I originally meant was the modifier thing. +1 or -1 to your healing spells based on your wisdom. But now I'm thinking if you're low enough for a -1 than you just can't cast healing spells.

I mean, that actually would be a good way to make healers more important. If you don't have the wisdom for it, you can't cast those types of spells and are limited to damage.

What I originally meant was the modifier thing. +1 or -1 to your healing spells based on your wisdom. But now I'm thinking if you're low enough for a -1 than you just can't cast healing spells.
So, what im getting from that, is that I should make Wisdom have a requirement to be able to cast healing. Like At 12 or higher, you can cast most healing spells, at 16 you can cast all healing spells and at 10 you can cast basic healing?

if you dont meet the requirement, the healing is half as effective as it normally would be.

Spirit is a stat I saw in an RPG once and FInal Fantasy uses it.

Spirit, aka Will, measures the persons ability to cast white magic (which is Final Fantasy's term for healing magic).

In some games it also acts as the person's magic defense stat.
So, are we adding will then to the stat list? (I'm gonna call it will because spirits are the immortals, it'll get too confusing otherwise)

I feel like adding a third one would just be too much, because then it's still the matter of what the hell to do with charisma. Though, we could say fuck charisma and switch it out for will (though maybe a better name for it). Wisdom is then magic fatigue and will is healing ability. That's one way to work around it.

So, what im getting from that, is that I should make Wisdom have a requirement to be able to cast healing. Like At 12 or higher, you can cast most healing spells, at 16 you can cast all healing spells and at 10 you can cast basic healing?
Basically, yeah. Otherwise, everyone can be Mateo. Everyone can have at least a basic capability to cast healing spells, which limits the importance of healing-based characters. Having wisdom as a requirement I feel balances it out so that characters like Mateo are able to still be important without the entire party taking up his job. If you want to be a cleric or semi-cleric, you have to deplete one of your battle-oriented stats to do so, basically saying you spent your life training in healing (wisdom) rather than say your dexterity. And that's something I feel like characters like Rai and Skyla (especially Skyla since she uses both a claymore and a bow, she needs both strength and dex for proficiency) wouldn't do as up-close fighters, which then let's primary healers have their thing.

So, are we adding will then to the stat list? (I'm gonna call it will because spirits are the immortals, it'll get too confusing otherwise)

I feel like adding a third one would just be too much, because then it's still the matter of what the hell to do with charisma. Though, we could say fuck charisma and switch it out for will (though maybe a better name for it). Wisdom is then magic fatigue and will is healing ability. That's one way to work around it.
Yeah, I was replacing Charisma with Willpower (calling it Willpower because fuck you it sounds cooler)

Basically, yeah. Otherwise, everyone can be Mateo. Everyone can have at least a basic capability to cast healing spells, which limits the importance of healing-based characters. Having wisdom as a requirement I feel balances it out so that characters like Mateo are able to still be important without the entire party taking up his job. If you want to be a cleric or semi-cleric, you have to deplete one of your battle-oriented stats to do so, basically saying you spent your life training in healing (wisdom) rather than say your dexterity. And that's something I feel like characters like Rai and Skyla (especially Skyla since she uses both a claymore and a bow, she needs both strength and dex for proficiency) wouldn't do as up-close fighters, which then let's primary healers have their thing.
And yeah, I feel that. Skyla wont be as proficient with her bow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back