• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Isle of Mist

Liz grins, looking at Davorin and walking backwards until she hits a chair. "I wouldn't say we're exactly good now, but we ain't heartless anymore," she says, then flops into the chair over the armrest and sits slouched with her legs hanging over the side as she looks around the room for Maggie. @SirGrey @SinningSloth

"Well were are very good at being not good" Davorin says in a sarcastic tone. "Besides could you imagine us being good, it would be like fish trying to swim" the vampire jokes as sits down in a different but equally slouched manner. Rest his face on his arm while he waited for the demon to show up. @Crystal Cali @SinningSloth

As Liz sits down and illusion appears behind the desk, "I surprised poppet, out of all the people on the isle, I was sure you'd notice when I'm not here, fortunately, what I wanted to talk about doesn't need me there. Right now I'm sorting out a fashion disaster, namely a neckless that's strangling an elf as we speak." Maggie pauses, to get two glasses for Davorin and Liz, "would you like some?" Saying that she takes out a very old looking bottle, the label worn to the point where the writing on it is impossible to read. Placing the bottle on the table, Maggie looks to the two, "I wanted to talk about the deals and the catches that you two hold. Liz, your is that you have extraordinary abilities that allow you to fight alongside Davorin and others verses foes you would not have been able to before, the catch being a link between you and I. I note this because it has already shown, shortly after the fight with the vine creature, you made sure that yourself and Davorin were fine, which is normal but then also showing concern for myself and from what I have gleamed from having chats and listening to some around the town, that is very uncharacteristic of you." Maggie pauses, then looks to Davorin. "The deal with you and the accidental catch was when you fought against Kal'Thazaan and nearly died doing so, meaning I had to patch you up the deal allowed for the wounds and injuries to be healed up faster than if you were in a blood pool the accidental catch was that the wires that I made with my illusions to patch you up are still inside and react in ways to me, the plus side being they are still there to patch you up but then they will stay were the new injuries were. I wanted to tell you this properly so you both knew at the same time."

@SirGrey @Crystal Cali

Last edited by a moderator:
Liz raises an eyebrow at the illusion. "Ain't that I didn't particularly notice ye weren't here, I'd half expect an illusion anyway. Also, don't ye think the elves are a bit more trouble than they're worth already? Crazy murderous ranger ladies, murderous resurrected relatives, and deadly necklaces, pah," Liz waves a hand in the air dismissively. "If they can't take care of themselves at this point, why waste the energy tryin' to keep 'em alive? Ye'd just turn around to find they're in trouble again." Liz hops up as Maggie offers a drink, and gets a glass for herself. "Ain't gotta ask me twice. Actually, ye ain't gotta ask me at all. Just pour a glass, and I'll take it," she grins as she slouches back down in her chair and takes a drink as she considers what Maggie tells her about the conditions of their deal. "Aye, I suppose it is, a bit uncharacteristic of me to care fer more than myself, but I ain't been actin' much like myself for some time now. I didn't think much of it, really, but it would seem I'm kind of gettin' soft. Not too soft, obviously I'm still a pirate, but startin' to feel a little more.... eh.... like I actually give a crap." She looks to Davorin, thinking about what Maggie says about his deal.

@SirGrey @SinningSloth

"Yes you do seem to have a knack for just pooping up and yes I do think our long eared friends, for all the majestic glory, seem to them selves have a knack for getting mixed up in all kinds of trouble" the vampire says still resting on his arm. Davorin himself grabs a glass, though he does smell it first after all accept a glass of a demon is always a risk. Still it was genuine with Davorin taking the glass down. The vampire listens to what Maggie says while lighting his pipe before saying "Perhaps Liz is grateful because of you saving my life and giving her powers, though I must admit, you have been acting alot more caring then your normal self". Davorin smokes his pipe as he listens to the details of his deal "So as long as I don't anger you, my healing factor is increased, sounds like a good deal for me". @Crystal Cali @SinningSloth

Will finished the balcony and climbed down. He sighed and walked off towards the caverns. Once

He arrived he began to search for gems.

"Either way, that was the main thing that I wanted to make clear. The other was that I have been getting rather annoyed with that amount of things attacking, interesting tho it might be, I'd rather not have to do clean up duty on a territory that can't protect itself, which is why I've been having chats with May about acquiring a unit of men for me to control and help in the protection of the town, Liz, you already can guess the idea I have in mind, not to the same scale of yourself since none of the guards have the same aptitude for connecting with the powers that be as you but enough so that they can help in the protection, the reason I am telling this to both of you is Davorin here pointed out a fair point, this is my territory and I've mainly just shouted that at people while others and my illusions sort it out, or at least try." Maggie sighs, "I honestly don't know why I'm saving this elf, boredom likely... why do people think it's a good idea to bind items to themselves." she sighs again then looks to Liz, then to the bottle, "don't drink it all, that's older than your lineage and I would like to have some." Maggie just looks to the pair, "Thanks again for coming to have this chat, the doors of Montblanca are always welcoming to those have already paid with a catch."

@SirGrey @Crystal Cali

Liz shrugs at Davorin's comment. "I can't say if it's gratitude or not, but in all honestly, Maggie, ye ain't a bad person to be around, once I got to know ye anyway. Ye annoyed the hell outta me when we first met, but eh, maybe it's cuz we're kinda similar. That's how me and Davorin started out this last time we got together," Liz pauses to take another drink. "Interestingly enough, the isle ain't always been this dangerous. Some of my men swear it's because the mist circling the isle is gettin' thicker, but honestly it's too far out to really tell from the shore, and I haven't taken a boat out there to check. It does make me curious, but even with my new abilities, I ain't got enough power to stop that. Honestly, I think the only thing our deal done was make me a good deal stronger and faster, which I ain't complainin' about, but it ain't like I'm able to stop the great and powerful magical forces surroundin' this place."

@SirGrey @SinningSloth

"It is your domain and if you have to rule it, you have to show it you are worthy of it, and i second Liz on my feelings towards you, fr if this domain has to have a ruler, you are a fantastic choice" Davorin says sipping more of his drink. He recalls how the vampire and the pirate first meet, sword were swung, a ship were swung around, it was fun time. "Perhaps or maybe our friend with the chains is to blame or even more of those dark elves, though I must confess as to being without knowledge of the danger". "Oh and Liz I wouldn't beat yourself up over it, no one person could beat those forces and if I have to work with someone to stop it I'm glad it is you" Davorin says with a smile. @Crystal Cali @SinningSloth

"fantastic is going a stretch but I appreciate the token of trust and I have my ways to make sure I am worthy." A coy smile at the notion creeps onto Maggie's face, "But as for the dangers and the reason why they are so frequent, I do not know, in all honesty, I've been out of the loop for the past few years, being asleep since this place was dull as rocks when I got here, I only woke up a bit over a week ago. Still," Maggie shrugs. "Davorin, fix your wall or at least pay me to do it." She smiles at the two before noticing how much of the bottle is left to then pocket that way.

@Crystal Cali @SirGrey

SinningSloth said:
As the issue with Evan started to become serious, Maggie would have travelled back via the shadows arriving in near instances, now nearly hovering over him, he would clearly hear Maggie's voice "listen to me, what i'm about to do will hurt but it's better than dying, I am going to have to forcefully draw any of the energy that was from the wraith out and I'm going to have to supplement that sudden lose with a different energy... Mine." With that Maggie would place both thumbs onto the neckless, the left drawing out an of the energy that was from Kal'Thazaan, while the right supplemented the lose by pouring and equal amount of energy that was being lost back into the neckless.
@Wild Wolf Wind
Evan felt better after maggie's magic. the silver leaf was off his neck but looked like it was going to shatter. he pocketed the sliver oak leaf and went back to the tree house. Kiera didn't want to leave his arms because she was afraid of loosing him. evan played with her until something came up. he laughed as she rolled up in his cloak.

Will continued to search through the caves taking various gems when he could find them. He finally left the caves returning to the elven camp and he moved his stuff to the treehouse. Including his embedding tools and he began to construct a forge. Woth the help of his vine magic he worked rather quickly

Once she knew Evan was alright, Raina walks back to the tree houses, looking up to see that one had already been finished, and had a balcony. She notices Will returning with the gems, and smiles, following him up to the tree house. "Would you like any help?" Raina offers as she stands behind Will, watching him work.

@Wild Wolf Wind @ThatOneLunatic

May pulls out the stone bowl once again, and sets it to cool, then turns to look at Raider's work. "You are a natural at this," she says with a smile, seeing that Raider's potion had turned out well. "Since this one does not require any heating, it is not too hard to make outside a lab. You just always have to make sure the ingredients are crushed properly."

@YoungX

Just seeing how, the person that was dying didn't say thanks, the person who seemed to worry very much for said person didn't say thanks, Maggie would look near ready to tear a person apart and would just start melding into the shadow muttering large amounts of profanities, with the only bit audible being "Liz was right." restrain seeping through each word before returning to the profanities. Once Maggie got back everyone in Montblanca would just hear her scream out, "Screw the elves with their own pointed ears, they're annoying." Now slouching in her office chair, going for the bottle she opened for Liz and Davorin earlier, nursing it from the bottle. It had no effect but it was the thought that counted.

@Wild Wolf Wind[/URL] @ThatOneLunatic

May pulls out the stone bowl once again, and sets it to cool, then turns to look at Raider's work. "You are a natural at this," she says with a smile, seeing that Raider's potion had turned out well. "Since this one does not require any heating, it is not too hard to make outside a lab. You just always have to make sure the ingredients are crushed properly."

@YoungX
Raider nods. "I see. I've always seen alchemists at work, but I've never actually performed it before."

Raina gives Will a knowing look, and puts down her tools. She moves close to him, and would grab him by the shoulders and gently try to turn him to face her. "Do not lie to me," she says in a gentle voice, "No one would expect it would be easy to face the family you lost. And though Thannor was not truly alive, I would imagine it would still be hard to be forced to drive a sword through your brother."

@ThatOneLunatic

Liz nods in response to Davorin's statement. "Aye, Maggie, ye certainly seem to be good at runnin' things, and ye have a functioning brain, which is mroe that I can say fer some. Just remember," her tone gets a bit darker. "I've killed to get the position as pirate queen, and I ain't givin' up my power, so yer either gonna have to work with me, or we'll have problems," then she suddenly smiles, her tone a bit brighter. "But we ain't had issues workin' together so far, so I ain't too worried about ye." Liz would blush at Davorin's comment. "Aye, I'm glad to have ye at my side, no matter what situation we're in." When the real Maggie comes in mad, Liz just laughs. "I told ye! Just let 'em do what they want. They only really appreciate help when they ask fer it anyway."

@SirGrey @SinningSloth

May smiles at Raider, then looks inside the bowl she had pulled out of the furnace to see her progress. She grins. "Better than last time," she says, and carefully takes the bowl and sets it in front of Raider. "Take a look." Inside the bowl would be the liquefied metal. The metal around the edges had turned a gold color, while the metal in the center faded from brown to silver. "Supposedly, if you heat lead right, you can make it look like gold. It's a bit tricky, but it is interesting to experiment with. Also, we don't really have and gold deposits on this isle, so we aren't really able to make any coins or jewelry in a gold color, unless someone melts down gold they had brought before. Still, it's fairly scarce. This will never be real gold, but since we're an isolated society, the value of the gold I make compared to real gold is irrelevant."

@YoungX

@ThatOneLunatic[/URL]

Liz nods in response to Davorin's statement. "Aye, Maggie, ye certainly seem to be good at runnin' things, and ye have a functioning brain, which is mroe that I can say fer some. Just remember," her tone gets a bit darker. "I've killed to get the position as pirate queen, and I ain't givin' up my power, so yer either gonna have to work with me, or we'll have problems," then she suddenly smiles, her tone a bit brighter. "But we ain't had issues workin' together so far, so I ain't too worried about ye." Liz would blush at Davorin's comment. "Aye, I'm glad to have ye at my side, no matter what situation we're in." When the real Maggie comes in mad, Liz just laughs. "I told ye! Just let 'em do what they want. They only really appreciate help when they ask fer it anyway."

@SirGrey @SinningSloth

May smiles at Raider, then looks inside the bowl she had pulled out of the furnace to see her progress. She grins. "Better than last time," she says, and carefully takes the bowl and sets it in front of Raider. "Take a look." Inside the bowl would be the liquefied metal. The metal around the edges had turned a gold color, while the metal in the center faded from brown to silver. "Supposedly, if you heat lead right, you can make it look like gold. It's a bit tricky, but it is interesting to experiment with. Also, we don't really have and gold deposits on this isle, so we aren't really able to make any coins or jewelry in a gold color, unless someone melts down gold they had brought before. Still, it's fairly scarce. This will never be real gold, but since we're an isolated society, the value of the gold I make compared to real gold is irrelevant."

@YoungX
Raider nods as he sees the mixture. "I see well I never did ask about the currency around here. Is currency on trade value or currency or perhaps both?"

@Crystal Cali

May smiles. "Both, really. We do have coins, but they aren't made of gold. There is not much actual gold left in circulation around here, just some of what we were able to salvage from the initial shipwreck on the isle, and I wouldn't be surprised if the pirates got a hold of most of that. Anyway, it depends on the vendor you are working with. Usually they will be willing to trade goods, if the goods you have are things they need in order to run their business."

@YoungX

May raises an eyebrow. "You mean, how much we knew before coming here? Next to nothing, really," she moves over to the sofa and sits down, patting the spot next to her for Raider to sit. "No one had set out to find this isle, it was a complete accident."

@YoungX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back