• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Isle of Mist

"And why should I grab this lantern? What does it do? Take my soul?" he asked. He was not stupid just cautious why trust a creature who had entrapped him for no reason at all he then looked to the illusion "I have not been forgotten, nor am I stupid." the aura allowed him to feel her emotions and thoughts towards him "My people have a honor code, I stuck by it and if I really wanted I could escape." He said plainly he didnt care for what she thought of him or if he was stuck he had a way out he just didnt choose to show this power to anyone yet and it required a lot of his energy. He sat patiently waiting for the creature to explain why he should take the Lantern or for Maggie, who seemed to think she was better than everyone else to do something @SinningSloth @MrEvilMexican

Last edited by a moderator:
Kal'Thazaan sighed as the lantern unlocked and Will was literally sucked inside it. He then pulled it away from the walls as the lantern opened, spewing Will out. He may have seen some traumatising things inside the boxed hell but at least he wasn't trapped in the ethereal prison.

@ThatOneLunatic

Seeing that Will was fine. the illusion of Maggie would just look at Will and Kal'Thazaan, before seeing Ty trying to help Evan so he didn't suffocate from the neckless. The illusion would just shift to where they were, now quasi-real, she could feel the energies from Kal'Thazaan bring drawn into the neckless, which was likely reason why it started tightening. The illusion's head would snap to Kal'Thazaan "Leave, now."

@MrEvilMexican @ThatOneLunatic

Liz chuckles softly, and looks up to kiss Davorin. "Aye, what a shame," she says in a slightly sarcastic tone before hopping out of the bed and starting to get dressed.

@SirGrey

Raina would rush over to Evan, and try to help him get the necklace off. She looks over her shoulder as Will comes out safely, and though she was relieved, she was too busy trying to keep Evan from choking to rush to him.

@Wild Wolf Wind @Otakubeats @SinningSloth @ThatOneLunatic

May smiles as Raider walks in. "Just something I would like to inform you about. Maggie came to me earlier with an interesting offer. She says that since we seem to be facing adversaries that are more powerful than what most of our guards can handle, that she wishes to help by taking control of a unit of men who will all have to make a deal with her, that she will train to fight the more powerful adversaries the isle faces. I do not know exactly what this deal of hers is, but given that Maggie herself is skilled with magic, I would assume it has something to do with giving the men more power." May would get up and start to pace, continuing to speak. "Because I do not know much about her, or what her powers can do, I am hesitant to say 'yes.' I wanted to hear your opinion on this. Do you think our guard needs the extra help? Do you think we can trust Maggie herself with that much power?"

@YoungX

@YoungX[/URL]
Raider thinks about it for a moment and just nods. "At this point in time she has not done anything to jeopardize the fate of the Isle. In fact she has helped us out before. We should at least take this opportunity to do so."

@Crystal Cali

May nods, giving Raider a small smile. "Alright then. I will let you inform the guards of the situation, but we may need to speak with Maggie first and get all the details about this deal of hers, just so there are no surprises." May walks over to Raider, and reaches her hand towards him, letting it rest on his arm as she looks up at him. "Also, I'm sorry we haven't gotten to spend much time together recently, though I truly do appreciate all you do for the isle. I do not know when all of the excitement will calm, perhaps we will be busy for a while... So, perhaps I'll join you when you are patrolling the town sometimes, i-if that is not too much trouble. I suppose I shouldn't lock myself up in this house too much, but I also do not wish to distract you from your duty... but if you ever want me to join you while you are looking over the town, just let me know," she smiles. May was mainly saying this because she missed Raider when he was gone, and that emotion might be conveyed through the slightly sad tone in her voice, but she was also a bit conflicted, as she felt she might be a distraction if she went out with Raider while he was patrolling.

@YoungX

@YoungX[/URL]
Raider looked and noticed the emotion through the voice. Due to the recent events it had been hard for him to spend more time with her, thus he decided that he should at least do it now. "Well how about we spend some time in here? I already have the other guards patrolling as we speak, so why not spend some private time together?" There was a pretty calm smile on his face.

May wraps her arms around Raider's waist, and lays her head on his shoulder as she looks up at him. "That sounds nice," she says with a gentle smile. Just being close to Raider was enough to calm May down, she would look very relaxed.

@YoungX

"no don't cut it" he says struggling to breath. "it is magic bound" he weakly gets out. kiera back in her normal form sits in his lap trying comfort him.

Kal'Thazaan's mouth twisted into a grotesque grin, as he stared into Maggie's eyes.

I have nothing to do with you, demon. Just cut the necklace. The Black Mist corrupts all that is life, as you already know. Don't tell me you don't know how I came into being.

He said, as the black mist began dissipating, along with Kal'Thazaan, who disappeared into the village.

He had enough of being the 'good guy'. It was time for some fun...

The Black Mist gathered round a lone hut in the outskirts of the town, belonging to a lone necromancer, whom is presumed to be trying to protect the town.

Kal'Thazaan had sensed his presence for some time. The necromancer wished to bind Kal'Thazaan to his will, and force the warden to leave against his own will. Kal'Thazaan shook his head in disappointment. When will mortals learn that he could not be enslaved? Kal'Thazaan served the Black Mist under his own will. He was already bound to the unholy shadows in the very beginning. Kal'Thazaan strode towards the hut, ghostly tendrils recoiled upon his every step. First it was the crickets, they lost their song. Then the all the animals. Even the wind lost it's howl... What followed was a symphony of silence.

The Warden lifted his lantern upon the dusty and clouded windows to look inside, his mouth twisted in a grotesque grin. He saw the necromancer inside, trying different rituals and trying every way there was to banish Kal'Thazaan. The Warden remained silent as he strode towards the door...

A large crashing noise rang throughout the isle, followed by the dreadful sound of chains dragging along the floor. The necromancer turned around and fell to the floor in his fear, and threw a dagger at the specter. It only paused Kal'Thazaan's advance for a moment though, as he only stoppedto pull the dagger out of his shoulder, before stamping his foot on the necromancer's chest, pinning the dreadful little human on the floor.

"Very well, kill me"

The necromancer pleaded. But Kal'Thazaan was too cruel to do that. No, he wished to break the necromancer before killing him. The Warden picked up his chain and hook before slowly driving it into the human's cheek, blood dropping upon the floor, creating a terrific pool of crimson. The necromancer cried out in agony, his pleads for help ringing across the entire town. The hook was suddenly driven through his cheek, the end coming out of the other. The necromancer was too shocked from the pain to said a word. Blood splattered the floor, painting it red. Kal'Thazaan wasn't going to end the torment from there. He then slowly dragged the barbed chains across the necromancer's chest, creating a huge wound, blood gushing out of it. He then slowly and very painfully drove the hook through the necromancer's heart, impaling and killing him.

The green wisps that is the necromancer's soul was slowly torn from his body. Kal'Thazaan unlocked his lantern and the soul was forcefully sucked inside. The necromancer let out one last cry of agony before the lantern shuts, as the soul would be left there to be tormented for the rest of time. Kal'Thazaan looked inside the lantern and smiled.

"You will make a fine addition..."

May looks up at Raider, and just watches his face for a moment, before that suddenly started to make her embarrassed. Her face turns slightly pink, and her eyes look away as she thinks for a moment. "Raider?" she asks. "Have you ever had any interest in alchemy?"

@YoungX

May smiles, and would move her hand to grab his so she could pull him towards the library. "It is a bit tricky to learn... well, there is a lot of memorizing involved if you want to become really efficient, because there are so many ingredients that have various uses. Though, if you are not trying to make something specific, it is interesting to see how certain things will react to each other. That's how I ended up creating that potion that dissolved the skeleton. Well, I had already figured out the formula a while back, but it did end up being rather useful."

@YoungX

As the issue with Evan started to become serious, Maggie would have travelled back via the shadows arriving in near instances, now nearly hovering over him, he would clearly hear Maggie's voice "listen to me, what i'm about to do will hurt but it's better than dying, I am going to have to forcefully draw any of the energy that was from the wraith out and I'm going to have to supplement that sudden lose with a different energy... Mine." With that Maggie would place both thumbs onto the neckless, the left drawing out an of the energy that was from Kal'Thazaan, while the right supplemented the lose by pouring and equal amount of energy that was being lost back into the neckless.

@Wild Wolf Wind

May giggles as they reach the library. She pulls on a specific book on the shelf, and the bookcase pops open with a click. She does have to move the bookcase on it's hinges to get to the door hidden behind it. May would lead Raider down the stairs into her basement, which was plain compared to the rest of her house. There was no paint on the stone walls, and along the walls were oil lanterns to illuminate the room. Along the closets wall was a sofa and a couple of small, plan bookcases that contained mostly scrolls. In the middle of the room were two rectangular stone tables with a collection of glass containers of various sizes and shapes. Behind the tables was a furnace. May would dart around the room to light the lanterns, then turn to face Raider. "So... hmm. If you want, I can show you how to make a couple of simple medicines. Some of the ones I know can be made without a lab, and with things that are fairly common on the isle, so it might actually be a fairly useful tool when you have to fight. Or I can start by showing you some of the experiments I have been working on. It's up to you."

@YoungX

May nods, then perks up as an idea crosses her mind. She walks over to the bookshelf and starts looking through scrolls. "I just thought of a couple things. There is a potion I used to make quite a bit of when we were exploring the isle. Since there were no beaten paths, the men wore out quickly when trying to navigate the forest, so I would make a potion which would give them extra energy. I'm sure you can probably do this for yourself with your enchantments, but it could be useful to have if we need more guards constantly looking for danger." She pulls out a scroll, opens it to make sure it is the right one, then hands it to Raider. "The ingredients consist of three different kinds of mushrooms, and a bumble bee. It's fairly simple to make, but if you use just one wrong mushroom, the effects of it can be rather unpleasant."

@YoungX

May would open the scroll, which had a list of the mushrooms, and detailed drawings of each one. "Fly Amanita, Mora Tapinella, and Scaly Pholiata. The first one can be growing in a more open area, where the last two grow at the base of trees or logs."

@YoungX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back