• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Into The Void

"It's fine, it's fine," Atlas says, chewing thoughtfully on a piece of bread. "Have you seen the rest of the ship yet, Devil?" she asks.

Atlas smiles back. "Would you like a tour?" she asks. "After lunch, if you'd like." Her tail hangs over the edge of the seat, and her wings are folded up neatly so that they disappear under her cloak.

"YES PLEASE!!!!" Devil begins to stuff her face with food. She finishes with in seconds and clears her food tray. "Now,shall we go on that tour?"

"Sure!" Atlas says, getting up. "So here, we have the food place!" She gestures dramatically. "It used to be called the eating place, but I changed it." She then walks toward the door, going down the hallway. The entire hallway outside the food place is made up of private rooms, so she doesn't take Devil into them. "Did you get your assigned room yet?" she asks.

"Yeah I have no idea how to get there from here tho. I am in room 270. Mind showing me there?" She asked speaking very quickly because she, for some odd reason, was hyper.

"Yes," Atlas says, drifting down the hallway. "There is no order to the numbers, seeing as there are only about fifteen sleeping rooms. The previous owner of this ship just liked to screw around." She reaches a door toward the end of the hallway, with the faded number 270 on it. Below it, there's a 12 painted in newer and fresher paint. Atlas stares thoughtfully at it. "I had new numbers painted, but I just couldn't bring myself to erase the old ones... such charm, you know?"

Atlas smiles a little, and returns to the control room. She pulls up the map of the Voidgait, and starts toying with it.

Walking out of her room, Devil stretched her arms, weary from last night. She walked down the hall she and Atlas had walked the night before, the one that leads to the food court. She pushed open the door and is hit by the smell of food. She smiles and walks to get some of the pancakes before they were gone. Sitting down at the farthest table in the back of the room, she pulls out a mini projector and begins to study the edges of the void. It was black, and looked a little like black fire, but not at the same time. She put her head in her hand and zoomed in. Then something caught her attention. A little ball of rock, no. A planet. It was bordering the edge of the void, but was not getting sucked in. She grabbed her projector and rushed to the control room. She burst through the door and found Atlas sitting there.

"What do you want?" Atlas asks. She's still a little bemused at the fact that Devil went to sleep right after lunch. "You like to sleep, you know that?" She's draped across a chair, her legs hanging over one edge and her head hanging over the other. Her eyes are tracing the pattern of a round object on a small, handheld screen. Atlas's tail flicks in synchronicity with it.

"I found something." Devil states simply. "And yes I do like to sleep. Something wrong with that." She walks over and sets the projector down on the table. She points at the little ball of rock on the screen. "There. It's a planet. Only thing is that it should be being pulled into the void, yet it isn't. Such a small planet should be careening into it. So why is isn't it?" She looks at her captain, trying to see her reaction.

Atlas laughs a little. "Are you trying to find every flaw in the Void?" she asks, a bemused expression scrawled across her face. "Anyways, that's the monitor station. It's... well, let me just tell you most of what I can about the Void." She stands up, pulling up a giant screen of the orbiting object.

"This is the Voidgate. It's the size of a moon, and it's what the Void is housed in. We are not entirely sure what made the inner core of this turn into a wormhole, but it may have to do something to do with the material of the Voidgate. But anyways. The Void is akin to a black hole in some ways, but very different in others. For example, a black hole will pull material into it. The Void doesn't do that, or at least, not until you're very close to it. When you first go through the entrance to the Voidgate, you come to this area where these balls of energy are crackling. If you can maneuver through that, you get to a the Void itself. No one's ever come back, as I'm sure you know. But that planet thing that you saw is a research station that monitors the Voidgate."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back