[In the Service of the Senate] [OOC thread] Ye Olde Out of Character Thread...

If no one else shows up soon (as in within the week), I think what I'll do is a complete reboot.

You're welcome to rebuild your characters, and the game will start over. As what I had planned required a bit more than three raksha and I kind of see what I did wrong in terms of plot and certain NPCs...

I'll work on the errata house rules... also if you have any requests for charm fixes/changes/customizing... feel free to speak up.

To be honest, I like what they did with the Raksha errata for the most part. They just gave them plenty of more permanent charms as well as adjusting Oaths and Oneiromancy usage which I thought was cool.

I too am a fan, I just thought their extra action stuff got nerfed a bit too hard. They added a bunch of neat stuff, some great utility, and excised cheese.

It's also the "perfect" effects (Undetected Lies and so on) and extra actions, the fact that they're functionally on the same level as godblooded/heroic mortal whose charms everyone can seem to get... it's the little things. Like how hideous small their pool is (with solar level costing charms) and it's -assumed- that you have high essence just to have a mote pool that is able to even function semi-properly in Creation.

Well the switch over to a number of permanent charms, oath usage and oneiromancy sort of counteracts the small essence pool. Instead they get some nice effects from charms that make them scary enough from simply having. I mean they honestly get to push up their soak without spending motes now. They can just take the charms to do that.

Its all more internal I think to represent them as seemingly impossible creatures. All their magnificence is visible. I mean consider how large a noble's dice pool compared to others without spending a mote. And they have the means to make use of hearthstones now which can help with calcification.

Stasis is a little annoying though.

Consider this. At essence 2, half your mote pool is eaten up by your assumption, leaving you with 10 motes for attunement to... not much you can attune to, given artifact costs. Oh, you would like to use your charms? Have you looked at the mote costs involved for the "instant" stuff or even the "committed" stuff... yeah. With artifact attunement involved, it doesn't happen. Perhaps, you would like to start with essence 3 for another 10 available motes? Sure, it's not like you needed those bonus points elsewhere.

Yeah, undetectable lie is a lamentable loss, but I think you are exaggerating a bit to say they are at god-blood level. Also, there is a motepool expander now, as well as all the nifty upgrades to feeding.

And I want to play a character who would like to one day become an Unshaped again? :roll:

But very well, you've convinced me... chargen will be as per errata. No house-rules, no xp.

EDIT - and as always custom charms and modifications of charms are allowed on a review basis.

Haku said:
Now now, let's not get too hasty! I hate the errata! It's crap, blasphemy, and insults all of our collective mother's sex lives. :lol:

Okay cool, I was actually statting out an errata raksha when you resurfaced.

I know the pre-errata raksha, hence why I had no problems doing mods of charms and so on with generous helpings of xp.

But since the errata changes things. A no frills chargen would reveal issues or the lack there of.

So rebuild/reconversion of old threads. Take a look see around as the rules are important.

I have been hacking up my lungs one piece at a time for the past few days and no respite has come as of yet, so any reworkings will be delayed a bit. Sorry.

*eyes* the hit spirits.... fret not, time can be provided. Also, posted the strata chargen in the creation thread.

I am back, (mostly) bronchitis free now.

So looking to collaborate a bit for characters. Are people just rehashing their character ideas or going for new ones?

Edit: I am thinking of rehashing the questionably noble knight of the Senate, or possibly making a "thing that goes bump in the night", even though there is no underworld or ghosts for Cerement and Bone to provide benefit for, the themes are cool, and makes him that much more scary.

Are we still going with the reading that we get two assumptions at start? One from the Chargen and one from the birth null?

Sorry, haven't posted anything. Finals are coming up but I'm also debating on what to do about my character now.

Also, background for birth was NOT errata affected thus assumptions = 2 at start

The double assumption from birth I hope is a feature and not a bug. It really makes chargen raksha that much more interesting.

Also, sheet posted, will do some fluffing sometime in the next day or two.

Okay, sorry for delay but I'll see about getting up my char sheet soon along with some background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back